It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Halt accuses the U.S. of Ufo cover up - "September ufo disclosure"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FelixB
ns that government(s) would not have the answer to.

Disclosure only makes sense to those who believe the government knows everything: what this "other" out there is, where they come from, what they want, and so on. And that's an unrealistic expectation for obvious reasons.

Disclosure is a childish hope. Let it go.

Exactly! There would be impossible political pressure for the governments to "do something about it", without having any idea about "something" or "it" . Already politics is played by demagogic soundbites. I can see why keeping this out of the political arena is a good idea.

And what about ET's responsibility? Why haven't they disclosed? Stop blaming Earth governments for a problem which might have been imposed on them.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
And what about ET's responsibility? Why haven't they disclosed? Stop blaming Earth governments for a problem which might have been imposed on them.

That's the other side of the disclosure issue I think the (disclosure) advocates focus little or no attention on, and you're right in bringing it up, as hopefully it forces some people to broaden their horizons and think in different ways.

But I suggest we go even further. I suggest we question our perspectives and nature of our positions and ideas themselves.

For example, this notion of disclosure might be exclusively human. It's possible that this "other" out there, if it exists, could be so radically different, or so much more advanced, that the concept of disclosing their existence doesn't make sense or is not a concern for them, in the same way that we are not concerned with formally disclosing our existence to the ants at the nearby ant-hill. We simply exist together.

In that context we (or at least some of us) might be waiting for something that will never happen, and not because this "other" out there doesn't exist, but simply because we are approaching an alien question with an exclusively human perspective.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I have never been sure what happened to Charles Halt either during the Rendlesham incident, or in the aftermath.
If you listen to his tape you have to wonder why with all these strange lights and beams shooting down onto Bentwaters/Woodbridge didn't trigger a major alert and why Halt doesn't ask for somekind of air cover? But no he carries on stomping through the forest with his small crew and talking into his tape recorder.

Then he waits around for a couple of weeks for Don Moreland the RAF Iiaison officer to come back from a couple of weeks leave in Wales before he sends a him a wrongly dated memo about some strange lights.

Surely if he thought a nuclear weapons storage area had been compromised, attacked or even scanned his actions would have been faster and more deliberate than writing a letter?

This was winter 1980/81 when tensions in Poland were extremely high and the Soviets had invaded Afghanistan just a year earlier.

Rendlesham is such a strange case that you can easily dismiss Halt as being a sort of Walter Mitty type character looking for a story to spin after a bit of excitement chasing a light in a dark forest or simply an agent of disinformation. But then there are other elements to the case that suggest that some of the witnesses perception of reality was totally distorted by something strange, perhaps even mind control? They can't even agree on some of the most basic things and yet they all continue to tell their stories with conviction.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I consider the word "disclosure" to be a dirty word. I have read boks, stuff on here and in other places, And usually, the information I feel *should* be out there beyond a couple sketchy photos and accounts by certain entities (humans, not aliens) just simply is not. It's worse than sci fi in most cases. In the realm of contactees (certain ones I wont mention), certain pics were blatantly BAD. I mean.. really, really BAD. Bolstered by "witnesses" who I am sure were faked names (because there's no way someone can witness a pie plate hovering over a toy car and claim it's real with a straight face), it's soured me on the "professional" end of UFOs.

I've seen a spaceship. At the distance it was at, "ufo"? NO. I could ID the sucker! It was an extraterrestrial vehicle, piloted by an alien. It hovered. It turned on external lights so me and my g/f could get a GOOD look. There were no wings, but it was triangular shaped, or wedge shaped. My g/f saw the pilot. He turned on the cabin light to be seen. We've wondered if we might have been "taken" aboard, as opposed to 'abducted' due to the amazing lack of any trauma, mental or physical. Minus what I did to my back jumping up and down like a danged fool.

Thing is... when I bring this experience up in various forums and venues- the 'experts' and our own resident *cough* aliens havent a clue. I am not discounting those who really tried and had some good questions and theories. The same with the ridiculous crap we've experienced with the stupid time travel/ dimensional stuff. I feel there's information that would actually be of real concrete use, but damned if I can find out what it is! It's like my math test yesterday: I KNEW there was a way to solve the )*(@)*(#!!! thing, but I couldnt find the formula. Fortunately, the teacher helped. After that, the little 2 watt bulb came on in my brain and I went "oh...! Right!"

Does anyone else feel like this? The answers are available, we know they are, but we're being screwed with?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
All the technology of the last few decades has been handed down by Alien intelligence. IPhones are just one of them. Imagine what we are not allowed to know about. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I almost started a new thread for this but thought, well, I know there is at least one or two already happening.

Apparently Bill Coleman WITHHELD his "blockbuster revelation" because he didn't feel challenged by the audience.

Back in Indian Harbour Beach, Coleman admits he “pulled my punch.” Reason? “I was not challenged by the audience.” Meaning? “It was the usual crowd — people wanting to talk to me about what they experienced, about how they found little pieces of metal in their chest and nose and crap like that.

See this article:
A muffled bang, but no harm done.

He went on to say...

“Rest assured, I met a lot of fine people there, particularly the ones who organized it. I just wanted to talk to people who would be able to comprehend what I was saying. But it was more like the people in the audience wanted me to listen to them,” says the USAF’s former chief PIO. So I just said to hell with it, maybe I’ll take it to the grave.”

Hmmm. I feel some empathy. I'm sure he was probably thinking the audience was a bunch of flakes - with all these people believing they had "alien implants".

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

blue, Empathy? Well Who in their right mind would take such a revelation "to the grave"? The answer to that question in my opinion is, only a mad man.

First of all, your name would survive the ages, and you would be a hero to humanity. I personally don't believe that anyone on this planet could keep such a secret as Alien disclosure unless they are payed millions or threatened with death to themselves and their family.

Knowing the truth and having the proof to back it up and not revealing it to humankind would be the most selfish act in the history of this planet. In my humble opinion anyway. ~$heopleNation

edit on 26-9-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Does anyone on here ever think the reason there's no 'disclosure'; ever, is that no aliens have visited earth and hence any ufos are completely accountable for? Given that's how it is, I'm even more surprised by the constant expectation of it.

For anyone watching: forget about it. This forum is full of poor uneducated people who've watched too much X-files and somehow get it into their skulls that TV and Hollywood are true.

Hate to burst anyone's bubble.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Maybe he just figures that no one is going to believe his story anyway -so why bother.

I can understand he might have conflicts. I'm sure there are all kinds of military witnesses who take secrets to their grave for all kinds of reasons.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subterranean13
Does anyone on here ever think the reason there's no 'disclosure'; ever, is that no aliens have visited earth and hence any ufos are completely accountable for?

FNG, That's always a possibility, but what foundation does your reckless assumption have?

Given that's how it is

No, That's not "how it is", it's what you might think it's how it is, but have absolutely no evidence to prove the contrary.

I'm even more surprised by the constant expectation of it.

Well enjoy it, cause you being "suprised" only validates how close minded people such as yourself are. Why would you be suprised that Aliens visited a planet that located in a Universe that has probably billions of planets and stars existing in it? Seems to me, you need to reconsider your tunnel vision notions bub.

For anyone watching: forget about it. This forum is full of poor uneducated people who've watched too much X-files and somehow get it into their skulls that TV and Hollywood are true.

If that is how your misled confused self feels, then exactly what the hell are you doing here then? I suggest you get use to it, or take the next walk out of here. I would wager that you're a payed yes man. Either that, or you occupy your sunday mornings by kneeling down to man made fairy tales from 2000 years ago.

Hate to burst anyone's bubble.

LMAO! The only bubble that you burst here my friend was your own bubble of drivel, and by your own hand at that.

You come in here and insult this website, and it's members? Now go away, just don't go away mad. ~$heopleNation
edit on 26-9-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
reply to post by SheopleNation

Maybe he just figures that no one is going to believe his story anyway -so why bother.

I can understand he might have conflicts. I'm sure there are all kinds of military witnesses who take secrets to their grave for all kinds of reasons.

Why bother? Is the room full of people the only ones who he wants to tell the story to? I mean,They could all be Obama supporters? Just saying.
~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subterranean13
Does anyone on here ever think the reason there's no 'disclosure'; ever, is that no aliens have visited earth and hence any ufos are completely accountable for?

Yes, a lot of people. This is why we have talks like this one - and despite the claims of "blockbuster" announcements nothing at all comes out of it.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Obviously, there is a possibility of ET life within our universe, and the universe is bigger than any mind can grasp. However, not discounting sightings, certain testimonies and other vague evidence, nobody can make the assumption that the governments, PTB, elites, whatever, have made "contact" with ET's. They're just assumptions and any evidence to the contrary could be blatant disinformation to detract from other issues of the world. I agree that waiting for disclosure is a tiresome game, and expectations of anything is futile. It seems so obvious to me when Hollywood constantly releases films about alien invasions that they're actually feeding off the imagination of mankind to profit. Everybody is looking to the stars awaiting contact, meanwhile there's a degradation of basic human rights taking place around us.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

well, the project blue book former spokesman did say he gave chase to a ufo while piloting a b-25. That's got to count for something. right?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

This...
www.youtube.com...

all man made.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
I almost started a new thread for this but thought, well, I know there is at least one or two already happening.

Apparently Bill Coleman WITHHELD his "blockbuster revelation" because he didn't feel challenged by the audience.

Back in Indian Harbour Beach, Coleman admits he “pulled my punch.” Reason? “I was not challenged by the audience.” Meaning? “It was the usual crowd — people wanting to talk to me about what they experienced, about how they found little pieces of metal in their chest and nose and crap like that.

See this article:
A muffled bang, but no harm done.

He went on to say...

“Rest assured, I met a lot of fine people there, particularly the ones who organized it. I just wanted to talk to people who would be able to comprehend what I was saying. But it was more like the people in the audience wanted me to listen to them,” says the USAF’s former chief PIO. So I just said to hell with it, maybe I’ll take it to the grave.”

That is so disappointing. Who was he expecting to be in the audience though? World leaders? He comes off as arrogant. I'm sure some people paid quite a bit to get there and they deserve to hear what they were told they'd hear.

I don't know the arrangement he had but if he was paid for the appearance and disclosure by the organizers, he should have spilled what he was brought there to spill, or be sued for breach of contract.

Once the info is out and makes news, it might draw the type of response he's looking for.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lindalinda
That is so disappointing. Who was he expecting to be in the audience though? World leaders? He comes off as arrogant. I'm sure some people paid quite a bit to get there and they deserve to hear what they were told they'd hear.

I don't know the arrangement he had but if he was paid for the appearance and disclosure by the organizers, he should have spilled what he was brought there to spill, or be sued for breach of contract.

Once the info is out and makes news, it might draw the type of response he's looking for.

Well lets say he is giving a presentation and was planning to divulge a secret he has kept for decades. But he goes to the presentation and he finds out that the audience is obsessed with the idea that "aliens are demons". Everyone is droning on and on about how Jesus can save you from the "fallen angels".

I am sure that a lot of people could understand that the presenter might not want to have his very personal experience to be discussed in such a venue. The same thing might apply in other venues.

Having spent a fair bit of time at "UFO/alien" type presentations, I have to empathize with his reluctance to reveal something that is important to him in a venue that might make him look ridiculous. Lets face it, there are a lot of flakes and crazies attracted to this field.

I have no way of knowing what sort of revelation he is keeping secret - or if he even has anything he is keeping secret. But I very much doubt he is has "breached his contract". But I do appreciate that some members of the audience may feel they were promised something that was not delivered.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Thx for the post of this video. Most all of these speakers struck me as straight shooters and appear to have nothing to gain from bringing forth their anecdotes. The same could be said of SOME of the speakers at Greer's 2001 Press Club Disclosure news conference. What bothered me was the number of crackpots "asking questions", i.e. putting forth their own theories. I've also read reports of some of these UFO incursions on US ICBM bases.

If these events did happen and there has been no Congressional investigation, it really seems like our elected representatives have not been doing their due diligence, and that the US military is covering up its security lapses. I have my doubts about the Rendelsham case, but I believe these incidents at the US missile bases to be the real deal. Seems that they should be the primary cases to put before the US government, in order to demand real and open investigation of UFO phenomena.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think the idea of disclosure by the government has been romanticized by UFO enthusiasts. This type of UFO disclosure, where a president stands before a television audience and announces to the public our knowledge of extraterrestrials, if and what technological achievements we have learned from them (assuming we are working together), and where to go from here. This type of disclosure is not going to happen, for several reasons. First off, it is naive and presumptuous to assume that this type of knowledge is somehow the guarded sacred cow of any given one country. Second, while it can be assumed that the United States may be in receipt of some crashed extraterrestrial hardware, it is doubtful that any material, hardware, equipment, data, information, etc, remains in the hands of the government or government agency. It is more likely that any material and information has been turned over to one of the many private defense contractors, such as Lockheed (skunk works), Boeing (phantom works), Raytheon, Batelle Corporation, General Dynamics, etc. Another organization included might be the Rand Corporation. This wouldn't surprise me at all.

The reason for this? The U.S. government, including governmental agencies, are subject to freedom of information act requests, or FOIA. It would be foolish in today's technological age to leave this type of damaging information in government hands. More likely, this information has been buried deep in the private vaults of defense contractor organizations, far from the prying eyes of FOIA requests.

So basically we have these two guys discussing UFO's and the UFO phenomena. They made a statement that UFOs are real, as is the UFO phenomena. That sums up much of the OP. Really? Well that isn't anything everyone doesn't know already. UFO = Unidentified Flying Object. UFO Phenomena = Unidentified Flying Object Phenomena. Really? I don't want to be literal here but I think the significance of these statements is not so significant. Better luck next time fellas.
edit on 30-9-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join