It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This entire generation summed up in 5 minutes. Just read these lyrics.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I hate rap but the lyrics are something I would want to see all kids hear these days!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lsnypvcs

I read the lyrics and they certainly ring true!! Can't wait to listen to the video when I get home from work, I'm sure it's just as good

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The really scary part about this video, is that it describes perfectly the generation that is supposed to define our future.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
alright well there is a rapper that actually has something to say!! God bless him for making a song about what is really go on in the streets, in bad neighborhoods, and wealthy neighborhoods. I see it everyday with these young people . they have a mentality of entitlement and who is to blame.

Ok I take some blame. I need to teach my children how to work. teach them the meaning of money. teach them respect. teach them so they can prosper. Yes it is all the parents fault. Children are animals. They are not youre friends. They are your responsibilty to train to be productive in society.

Now i will actually buy his records if they all are similar to that song.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Awesome video and song! I grew up on rap and have hated ever since the late 90s and this guy, this awesome rapper, says all that needs to be said one badass rap song.

Well done, and thank you for posting it.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

So, I have to ask. What are you doing about the problem? Is it enough just to fight the problems with venomous "poetry"? Perhaps you should focus on compassion for the foolish rather then just verbally bashing their skulls.

From the angle I see it, this sort of speech only makes things worse. Although the things said may be true, that stands regardless.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
reply to post by Shuye

thats ebonics

quality post.

Immortal Technique and KRS 1 are my faves.

killer beats with a message

rap and hip hop are 2 different things. real rap is like a political or philosophical dissertation where as hip hop is like junk food for your ears. it tastes good but it rots your brain.

Wait...what did you just say?

Rap is just one element of Hip Hop culture. This false dichotomy between "rap" and "hip hop" needs to stop.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
S&F, OP!

Not a rap fan, but that was fantastic. Gonna have to look up some of the artists mentioned in other replies as well.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This girl in one of my classes introduced me to this song some time ago because she thought it was funny. Come to find out, she is exactly the type of person that Hopsin speaks of in this song. Yet she couldn't get it through her thick skull.

I, along with Hopsin, am embarrassed for my generation.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
He can definitely spit some game I'll give him that, impressive. All the while speaks the truth about the mainstream hip hop/rap game, I wiki'ed some info about him and check this, he appeared in a disney movie back in '02...Now I'mthe not onethe of those completely over theto top conspiracy believers but, the disneybig co does have some shady history behind it (mind control programs, even walt disney himself was said to of had been a nazi). I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin......

Quoted from Wikipedia:

He also made a few appearances as an extra in the 2001 Disney film Max Keeble's Big Move.

And a little OT but heres a banned disney cartoonwww.metacafe.com... d_donald_duck_nazi_cartoon/

edit on 9/25/2012 by TokayTamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hello there! I decided to join in the discussion, since I am an 18 year old girl, and part of the generation being described. In defense of myself and others like me, I do not fit any part of that song. I just graduated from highschool, and am very busy trying to get my illustration business going. There is no way I would find doing drugs and getting drunk even remotely fun or entertaining. Music and art are my passions as well as History and the sciences. I also enjoy playing video games, reading, researching, and I have always had a passion to be gainfully employed!

In my opinion, this song itself is a prime example of what is wrong with kids growing up in society today. I appear to be the only one that has noticed the mysoginistic undertone running through the song, which is heavily prevalent in most of the rap songs I have ever heard. This turns me off. Once again, we have an "us vs. them" theme, and this is one of the problems that we can't seem to get away from. Why can't males and females work together instead of against each other, spewing vitriolic statements and stereotypes? From my observation, kids and young adults spend a lot of time listening to and watching videos with similar negative messages. You can't tell me those messages aren't sinking into their psyches.

I also think differently in that I actually respect my elders and thank them for my existence. I also thank them for encouraging me and my choice of career, and helping me in any way they can. I would also like to thank Horva for his informative post about teens and their experiences or lack thereof, due to the physiology of their brains. This is something I learned in school, but it's important to realize that most people behave the way they do because of various typical factors. Children develop through stages, as do all people, at certain stages of their lives. They can't necessarily be faulted for limitations of experience. So putting down or bashing an entire age group due to something beyond their control seems counter-productive, and immature.

I pity the people that desire to be divided, and refuse to find a common ground. Isn't anybody but me tired of all of the animosity? Come on, let's all work together, now.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
Hopsin is amazing. If you like him and music with substance on this topic you could check out Kenn Starr. I think ATS users who don't know about Hip Hop too well would enjoy some poetic geniuses.

List for ATS
Nas
Beast 1333
Kid Sin
Ces Cru
Canibus
Vinnie Paz
Immortal Technique
Apathy
The Left
Streetlight
Cormega
Alyssa Marie

BIG L - NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART, VERY EXPLICIT BUT THE GREATEST LYRICAL WORD PLAY YOU'LL EVER HEAR

I love you man! You just listed all my favorite rappers. Vinnie Paz is my all time fav tho.
JEDI MIND TRICKS!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Never heard of him, absolutely hate rap, but this guy is brilliant.

The voice this generation needs to hear.
edit on 25-9-2012 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Brilliant! I love it two times! I used to listen to rap back in high school and a little after pretending to be gangsta, smoking drinking fighting all just because, felt like the world owed me something. But it didn't I owed the world something, if nothing else I owed it to atleast leave the world as It was when I entered it. Even if it was jacked up back then to it was still better then now. I owed it to my parents that broke their back making sure I had the chances they didn't even though I never took them.

I thought it was cool to hang out in the hood 6 & mound chillin with freak all night partying. Then started hearing about friends being shot some killed even then I though never happen to me I'm gansta to the core ain't never scared. Lol till I was the one with the gun in my face, them .38 specials look alot bigger down a barrel. Oddly enough that was t enough to keep me from going,just be a little less reckless.

It took getting arrested twice(nothing serious) within a month for things to click, hours of community service among court fines probation, drug and alcohol test, anger management, substance abuse class's 35 days in jail and having my probation officer tell me she was recommending the longest jail term possible for my crime to the the judge. That was Wayne county, MI the home of Detroit city. Needless to say I was a 19 year old white male from a upper middle class city #ting his pants. Play time got real!

All that for trying to be cool livin the lyrics of the latest craze in rap. Hindsight is 20/20, lookin back at my life and all the opertunities that were at my feet and I just walked away. Aside from my kids there is nothing I wouldn't give to get a redo.

Now I am fortunate to have a decent job that I'm not qualified for but achieved thru hard work and determination to better myself and my family. Pays not what it should be but I can't go anywhere to get the position I have they would just laugh at me, cause I never went to college. My life was out on hold for many years by the time I got my head straight my friends were already done with school, buying houses, having kids, getting married, have nice things, and I had nothing, I didn't even have a good reason to convince somebody to give me a chance. So I understand when he talks about the loop it's very easy to fall back in especially if your surrounded by it.

Sorry not trying to derail or troll or whatever else, it's something I haven't talked about in a long time and I'm finally getting to the light at the end of the tunnel. I fear for children these days, I mean this warship of celebrities and how good you look, everything it's just so much bombarding them and most families have two working parents so no one is always there to keep tabs on them or just distracted themselves with life. Any how good to see people doing something positive.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

This entire generation summed up in 5 minutes.

No comment.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Nicki Minaj is a lyrical genuis! The lyrics to her song "Stupid Hoe" are deep as hell & just make me ponder all of lifes mysteries!

"You a stupid hoe yeah you a stupid hoe! You a stupid hoe yeah you a stupid hoe!" Xs 100

A song truely worthy of a grammy!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Great track. I found this guy earlier this year, and he has been a pleasant change to the same old, same old that is continually played all over radio/television in the U.S. any more.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ryckE

Jedi Mind is the #. Can't leave out A.O.T.P. when talking about Paz though.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I definitely fall into the category of getting drunk and partying all night. I also love to sit about and waste time. I could procrastinate for hours on end. I know a lot of other people who are like me.

However, when the work needs done I will get around to it. I am studying at university. We may be immature but over time I feel the majority of our age group will become respectable adults. We may seem rude at times but I feel most people in my age group do have good morals deep down. I don't think the generation before would have acted any differently if put in our situation.

Of course there will always be people at both ends of the spectrum, but I think this video just highlights people at the very bottom end of the spectrum, and most people are somewhere in the middle.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TriumphusCaeli

You're 18???? Very impressive.....

There is hope after all....

You need to post more, you've got good thoughts.....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join