It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(HSSC2) Gravity hates me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
My hand aches as I try to keep my four fingers firmly gripped on the precipice of the old bridge. Each tendon in my wrist is exploding in pain. Not sure how much longer I�m going to last hanging here like this. Jagged rocks below and gravity hates me.

My whole right arm feels like it�s on fire. I can feel the broken, jagged bone protruding out of my left forearm now. It was numb when I first got into this predicament, but now, my whole body is awash in pain��

Think dammit! I try and scream for help again, but my throat is so dry, I can barely manage above a whisper. How did I manage to get in this F�n mess?

The sky is black now. No stars to see. The storm must be moving in. I can feel the dampness in the wind chill my skin. Each shiver racks my whole body with pain. Every memory of this night echoes in my head in crisp detail.

My little brown eyed girl in the back seat asleep. My beautiful wife next to me, her smell as intoxicating as always. I see her out of the corner of my eye as I glance her way. She turns and smiles back. Her mouth makes the words �I love you��.

The rough stone of the old bridge is digging into my finger tips. Not long left. Oh God! I close my eyes.

�LOOK OUT!� my wife screams. As I look away from my wife, my eyes catch a glimpse of her. Four, maybe five years old. Long blond hair. A knee length PJ nightgown with small clowns and elephants stained all over it. Teddy bear clutched in her tiny right hand. And a look of shear terror as the head lights speed towards her. I yank the wheel. Glass shatters. I�m hanging on the side of the bridge by one hand with a broken body. My wife and daughter are in a ball of fire below me.

Gravity hates me. My fingers are growing numb. I just can�t. Baby I love you! Honey, I love you!

Here I come.

Gravity hates me.

(HSSC2)

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Thats dark. Well written, descriptive, short but creepy tale.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Thank you very much
I tried to imagine myself in the worst situation I could be in and wrote it. I think Im going to give it another go tonight.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Good story!

A quicky but a well written one.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Thank you Mac Killer

This is my first time ever writing for others. I was real nervous at first. Im glad its recieving a warm reception. I did just read Banshees, and man, I cant even compete with that level yet. One day though, Ill reach it

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Indeed.

Keep an eye out for my submission

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Killer short story Kidfinger! Helluva a story! Liked it very much! Very quick to climax!

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Thank you very much Intellearthling. Im working on another one now. It will be done in a day or two.

[edit on 10/17/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Nice style and keeps you reading...wanting more! I have a few of my songs/poetry here, but I'm not too good at story form like that....
I liked it!

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Yep, yer twisted all right - TWISTED I TELL YOU !!!! heh

I can't think like that, scares me.

I have a couple poems too, they are of what my nik is.

Mite post them, if I get the courage up to, lot of ppl here.

Misfit

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Glad you liked it misfit
I have another one called "Flesh Bag". That one has been called a nightmare
Well, I try in my own twisted and demented ways

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
not a bad job, short but good
cant wait to read your other

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link