It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese coast guard fire water cannons on Taiwanese fishing boats near disputed Diaoyu Islands. (VI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Hi guys,

My Chinese girlfriend just alerted me to something that has happened a few hours ago near the infamous Diaoyu Islands.

Please bear with a 'google translate' of what appeared on a Chinese blog today.

According to the Coast Guard "to grasp the situation, early in the morning around the waters of the Diaoyu Islands 7 storms up to 5 meters in 5:00 in the morning, a fleet of fishing boats to enter the range of 12 nautical miles around the island. 8:00 fishing boats all the way to advance 9.3 knots to 5 knots from the Diaoyu Islands, was the way that Japan ships driven. 12 Coast Guard ships headed "De Starship, and the confrontation with the Japanese side 23 of the ships of the size of the Coast Guard, to the Japanese propaganda" This is Taiwan waters "," Do not interfere with Taiwan fishermen, both sides Expand confrontation.

SOURCE

The video of the incident is below.

NEWS REPORT VIDEO
Video description translated:

Phoenix reporter Huang Shunyang live coverage, we are in the Diaoyu Islands 2-3 sea miles southwest location, very close to the Diaoyu Islands, because I originally pre-plan, originally expected to go to the 12 nautical miles of this HuYu actions, but because of thistime after our sea condition is very good, so we had to 2,3 nautical miles of the place. But we immediately encountered the interference of the Japan Coast Guard patrol ships. Closer and closer to the time when our fishing, they immediately repeatedly obstruct us continue to black Ukrainian smoke for interfere with our direct block in our sailing in front. Even the beginning of our water column of our water directly PHYSICOCHEMICAL our fishing.

I'm unsure what "PHYSICOCHEMICAL our fishing" is referring to. Could be a 'Google Translate' issue.

It looks like the Japanese vessels are firing water cannons for the time being to try an avoid escalating the conflict.

BBC has this to say:

A spokesman from Taiwan's Coast Guard Administration told the BBC 58 fishing vessels arrived in the disputed waters at around 05:00 local time (21:00 GMT Monday) after setting off from a northern Taiwanese port on Monday afternoon. The fishing boats were accompanied by several Taiwanese coast guard vessels. Japan's coast guard said warnings were issued to the boats and television footage showed water being sprayed towards the Taiwanese ships.

SOURCE: BBC

I'll post more information as it comes to hand.
edit on 25-9-2012 by Noinoi because: Additional Information.

edit on 25-9-2012 by Noinoi because: Video description added.

edit on 25-9-2012 by Noinoi because: Thread title.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Change your title to 'waters' on Taiwanese fishing boats

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
It's getting heated over there! I wonder, with 3 of the 5 major players in the area getting into it, will North Korea take this chance to pull a fast one?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
You shouldn't say '' fires on '' in your title.

water canons are all that's happened, yes its a commencement but i saw the word 'fires' and assumed the worst.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I honestly didn't think the title was misleading, lol. I'll change the title to remove any misconstruction.
Sorry guys!

In other news, I guess there's no need for Chinese fishermen to feel the need to sail their boats to any disputed waters anymore.

China's first aircraft carrier has entered into service, the country's Defence Ministry said. The 300m (990ft) Liaoning - named after the province where it was refitted - is a refurbished Soviet ship purchased from the Ukraine. China said the vessel, which has undergone extensive sea trials, would increase its capacity to defend state interests.

SOURCE

The article goes on to say the carrier has no operational aircraft and will be used for training. Still, this must make Japan keep an even keener eye on things.
edit on 25-9-2012 by Noinoi because: News article.

top topics

join