It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad interviewed by Piers Morgan on CNN, 9-24-12

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
One is a potentially dangerous madman. The other is the president of the Republic of Iran. I can't imagine this interview helped sway the US public into supporting WWIII. I'm sure politicians from anywhere in the world know to be very careful choosing their words and Ahmadinejad was a bit vague about a couple things, but I have never thought he was the bad guy he's made out to be. He comes across as respectful and I think he knows what's going on here.

(Also his answers come through a translator, so if anyone happens to speak Persian and can verify these are his actual responses....you know?)

I wish all in Iran the best. One love
edit on 24-9-2012 by greenWeenie because: Fixed links

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by greenWeenie

The interview he gave to Larry King was epic, putting the media and the Western governments in their place.

Lets see how he does this time around.

Edit* - Is the translation occurring after the fact, if so, by whom? In the past, it was occurring at the same time by what seemed to be someone in the room who was also familiar with the President's positions.

Part 2 was really good IMO.

Piers you fool. You let the man make too much sense. You needed to interrupt and cut him off more!

edit on 25-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
All links are not dead.
He warned everyone in the ME that they would end up like Saddam...looks like he isn't too far off. If they aren't developing nuclear weapons (which I have seen no proof of) I wonder why they want him gone. Oh yah, they have oil, and they accept other currencies instead of the US dollar. Who else has done this? Saddam, Gaddafi, etc. Why are the sanctions failing? The US assumes that oil trades will be done in US dollars. Countries not friendly to the US look at this as another way to distance themselves from the US and causing economic turmoil in the US as more countries move away from the US dollar.
edit on 24-9-2012 by superman2012 because: added "not"

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Im watching the Interview, and Mamoud is trying to talk..

But that Azz.... Morgan thinks he is the story and wont let him talk.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Jesse Ventura and Amhadinejad really owned the little prick that is Piers Morgan
please bring back Larry King was much better then now
each time Piers Morgan speak he embarasse himself
edit on 9/25/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Cyrus King of Persia once ruled the world...
...it was prophecied by Jeremiah that he would support Israel and rebuild the temple...
...and he did.

Ahmadinejad is an isolated religious thug ... anyone know what he is prophecied to do?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I hope he doesn't have the same fate as other leaders..its pretty obvious our government along with Israel are the bad guys.

A while back I decided to check out in a series of interviews to see how evil he was, I came away agreeing with him on many issues, the man is a briliant historian... They tried to bait him, but he never took it...

...he isn't the monster our government says he is, in one of the interviews he said war with Israel is 'suicide'

and the 'wipe Israel off the map' quote was really...'Israel shoudn't be on the map'....which I agree with....

If you do your own research on the man you will come away with a different perspective.......I like his messages, I hope alot of people saw this.
edit on 25-9-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Oh yah, they have oil, and they accept other currencies instead of the US dollar. Who else has done this? Saddam, Gaddafi, etc. Why are the sanctions failing? The US assumes that oil trades will be done in US dollars. Countries not friendly to the US look at this as another way to distance themselves from the US and causing economic turmoil in the US as more countries move away from the US dollar.

Yeah, that seems to make sense.
But what I don't understand, maybe you can explain and this could probably be its own thread (and maybe has), is......I mean they are purposely devaluing the US dollar. No doubt about that, right? They seem to be deliberately ruining it. So HOW can they retaliate against these oil countries for switching away from something they, themselves, are destroying? What do they expect?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Thank you for this I had no idea this was on tonight. Piers has quite a lineup this week, I was planning on watching Bill Clinton tomorrow (everyone laugh at me, the mainstream idiot).

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

An excuse. They can't be seen as the bad guys otherwise the 99% would revolt. If "bad guys" do it, then you will run to them and wait to see what they say to do. That's just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684

A while back I decided to check out in a series of interviews to see how evil he was, I came away agreeing with him on many issues, the man is a briliant historian... They tried to bait him, but he never took it...

...he isn't the monster our government says he is, in one of the inteviews he said war with Israel is 'suicide'

and the 'wipe Israel off the map' quote was really...'Israel shoudn't be on the map'....which I agree with....If you do your own research on the man you will come away with a different perspective.

He is the ruler of a country that many want to leave and many have...
...that tells you everything you need to know.

I would rather live in a country people risk their lives to get into...
...than one where people want to leave.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Thanks for the vids mate - great watch.

Now, I'd like to walk into that studio and give Mr Morgan a SLAP - bloody idiot.

Mr Ahmadinejad, just like Mr Ventura, handed it to him - again.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Iran is not important enough to bring on WWIII. Besides...the U.S. is already prepared.
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Agreed people leave a country if they don't want to be a part of it.

2008 Information

Iran population: 65 million
US population: 304 million

Population leaving Iran: 150,000/year (approx.) Link
Population leaving US : 3 million (approx. low end) Link.

% leaving
US: .009
Iran: .002

I would as well.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I'm basing my judgements of him on what he says, I actually youtubed a video a while back where he spoke to his people with same convictions..

I'm not buying all the propaganda against him.

Our government/media has posessed an ability to slander...lie....kill just as bad, if not worse then any other nation we consider evil.

Show me where Iran has attempted to destabilize other nations cause war and chaos.......Now compare that to the US....there is no comparison.

Even if those people want to leave....its no business of ours to decide or meddle.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

...he isn't the monster our government says he is, in one of the inteviews he said war with Israel is 'suicide'

and the 'wipe Israel off the map' quote was really...'Israel shoudn't be on the map'....which I agree with....If you do your own research on the man you will come away with a different perspective.

Thats a moot point, everywhere you go people want to leave their country...Americans too

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
kat2684:
Yep, he keeps his cool very well. We could probly all learn from that. And yeah, I think he makes it real clear he wants the manipulative oppressors of Israel eliminated. The difference between the two is, Ahmadinejad doesn't seem willing to resort to bloodshed to make it happen.

superman:
I don't know.....when I get deep into it I wonder if it's really about oil at all. This is ancient Sumer after all.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jesiaha

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Sure ... so Iran has a

Thats a moot point, everywhere you go people want to leave their country...Americans too

Sure ... so Iran has a refugee problem, displaced and persecuted people flooding over their borders?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

The first time I quit believing in media hype and watched him, I was very impressed, I would love to know how many viewers Piers had, and how many saw this man in a new light after the interview.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Sure ... so Iran has a refugee problem, displaced and persecuted people flooding over their borders?

Yup:

The Islamic Republic of Iran hosts one of the largest and most long- staying refugee populations in the world, comprised of Afghans who have been in the country for more than 30 years.
Link.

Here is a little more up to date info...notice Iran is # 2 with the US being #10.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join