It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio waves my question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The Radio waves humanity have been transmitting since the invention of radio, Will those Radio wave exit our solar system in the same state as they were when the left earth..?

If so How would we test this to find out..?

edit on 24-9-2012 by Legion2024 because: 11:11

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
well think of it as shining a light into space, same thing just lower in frequency.

Its possible to bounce signals off the moon back to earth, radio amateurs have been doing it for years, you can even recieve the signal you sent

As for making it out of the solar system , i'm not sure! it would possibly end up so weak it would be indistinguishable from the background mush, but no reason why a stong enough focussed beam wouldn't span vast distance of space, the mars curiosity etc don't seem to have too much trouble.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Voyager 1 is leaving the solar system as we speak.
We are still in communication with it so yes radio waves can leave the system pretty much the same as when they left Earth.

But radio wave strength drops severly with distance. It's inversely proportional with the square of the distance.
I don't think we could communicate with it at twice the current distance. The signal would be just too weak.

So it's not likely that other species can hear our signals.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
We see stars due to travel in a loss less medium.
This in answer to a student's question in optics class.

Gamma ray and other rays seem to also apply to the loss less theory.
I know radio signals are weak and we need amplification to hear the radio.

Traveling far away in a car can lose a signal.
The radio signal perhaps has different ways to transmit but should apply
to the loss less medium theory.
ED: Here is something amazing:
"TESLA SEEKS TO SEND POWER TO PLANETS"
under this link
www.rarenewspapers.com...
in this search:
www.google.com...

1931 Nikola Tesla... Father of radio.... - Timothy Hughes ... www.rarenewspapers.com/view/576707 ... page 15 that include: "TESLA SEEKS TO SEND POWER TO PLANETS" "Inventor ... During this period, in the United States, Tesla's fame rivaled that of any other ... Aside from his work on electromagnetism and engineering, Tesla is said to ...

Tesla's waves were actually power waves. Mostly static that actuated through the medium.

edit on 9/24/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Thank you guys, So it is very unlikely that anyone or anything could trace our radio waves back to this location out side of this solar system. Good to know.

new topics

top topics

join