It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How It's Made: pencils

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Even though I don't really use them anymore, I've always wondered how pencils are made. Now, thanks to you tube, I found this How It's Made segment that shows how some pencils are made. So I bring it to you. I did elarn something from this video, and I hope you enjoy it. It is only five minutes long.

I've always enjoyed shows like this. Unlike most people I will sometimes get a little curious about, well, just about anything and want to find out what I can about it. This video answered my questions about the pencil.

edit on 23-9-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Crazy. I was just looking at a pencil the other day and racking my brain wondering how they are made. One of my favorite shows.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
"How its Made" - I love that show. I always learn something watching it. The only complaint I have with it is sometimes they try to take on something too intricate and complex for the allotted segment. The segments work great for stuff like pencils, flashlights, washing machines, etc.. Not so much for submarines, the space shuttle, etc.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Thats pretty neat. Thanks for the video. Now I know how pencils are made. And they say you cant learn anything on ATS

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
some one count how meny times she says balls lol

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Both good videos; the pencil and the bearings. thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

You and me don't always agree but this was a awesome find.

I've often wondered how pencils were made, but always forgot to look it up when I got home. Now I know.

Thanks for the education.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I found out through research that William Shakespeare was the originator of the system for classifying pencils by the hardness of the lead. He separated them into two categories: 2B ...or Not 2B.

new topics

top topics

join