It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GMO debate is over; GM crops must be immediately outlawed; Monsanto halted from threatening huma

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Repetition is not redundancy.

Advertising is a 100% tax deduction that needs to be offset by increased taxes for schools, healthcare and other necessary government services. So corporate advertising is directly paid for by the public - corporate advertising is welfare and yet it is lies and people have to be exposed to the same ad several time -- five times - so that they memorize the lies so that the corporations make a profit at the expense of human health. This is mind-control brainwashing.

For example we are brainwashed to think corporate agribusiness food is cheaper than organic food but that's because the corporate agribusiness gets huge amounts of tax welfare so people are already paying for higher prices to subsidize toxic chemicals that destroy the soil. Toxic chemicals are about one third of the cost of food. Yet people don't think this because this cost is hidden from the public and then the public is inundated with welfare advertising -- free advertising so that people have to pay more for real good healthy food.

So yes you do need to watch these docs over and over in order to have intellectual self-defense against the onslaught of mind control propaganda from the corporate-state disinformation.

You need to have this information memorized and to be able to cite sources, etc. For example consider this new documentary Harvest of Empire -- you will find tons of information that the U.S. public needs to know about yet it's not found on the corporate-state propaganda

The U.S. empire has relied on fascism to support extreme corporate destruction of the environment. When I was in Costa Rica in 1992 for three and a half months I saw directly the pesticides used to kill the environment and the workers.

Did you watch that Bananas doc and how Dole corporation cracked down on the film? Review: Legal battles continue in 'Big Boys Gone Bananas!*' Frank Gertten's documentary 'Bananas!' begets another documentary about the filmmaker's fight against Dole. August 03, 2012|By Sheri Linden

Check out how this documentary was suppressed -- the LA Film Festival had all their sponsors threatened -- to pull their advertising to then censor this information and then the LA Film Festival only showed the film off site -- in a UCLA unmarked screening class room and then the LA Film Festival read out a legal statement stating that the documentary was lies and false -- before anyone had even seen the documentary.

This was all censorship before anyone could even consider the information being presented. Yet corporate advertising relies on multiple repeats of the same information so people personally identify with a product as a fetish -- like the Ipad even though the Ipad is made in horrendous slave-labor conditions in China.
edit on 25-9-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
University sells out to corporate interests Because of the general neglect in systemic analysis of the priorities at the University, I encourage all taxpayers to read my report, "Goldie X-Po$er: The State of Dis-Union."

The University's primary function is exactly what's been recently called "tobacco science." My research has exposed that there are over 350 different corporations "donating" tax-deductible finances at the University -- including over 225 corporate-driven genetic engineering projects. With research costs tripling since the 1980 corporate "free lunch" laws, as Lawrence Soley documents in his "Leasing the Ivory Tower: The Corporate Takeover of Academia," the University is now financially, as well as socially and environmentally, unaffordable.

Consider that Minnesota's largest citizen-run environmental organization, Clean Water Action Alliance, was forced to resign this spring from the state agriculture (genetic engineering review board) because of the "Corporate U." As the resignation letter states, "The institution responsible for conducting the research must be credible and one which inspires public confidence in the (genetic engineering review) process. We do not believe that the University is capable of such trust. Many already know that the University has had long and close ties with the livestock industry and corporate agribusiness. The University is viewed as an integral part of the problem."

The recent dean of the College of Agricultural, Food, and Environmental Sciences, Mike Martin, exposes the true priorities of the University to be bold, elite marketing. In his lead Research Review, May 1998, article, "This University Must and Will Lead in Biotechnology Research," Martin states: "The millers told our breeder, Jim Orf in Agronomy and Plant Genetics, that it would be a little better for them if the bean could be just a little bit bigger. Jim, a good biotechnologist, said, 'for enough money I'll make 'em the size of basketballs.'" Martin continues in a context of glee, "We've acquired the rights to Monsanto's Roundup-ready gene: You put the gene into a crop plant, plant the plant, blast the area with the weed-killer Roundup, and everything dies but the crop. In southern Minnesota, they raised a lot of Roundup-ready soybeans last year, and we're working on Roundup-ready turf grass, Roundup-ready canola, and perhaps Roundup-ready barley."

With concentrated corporate control comes unaccountability, and my report details a long list of white-collar crime indicative of the Corporate U. It's to be expected, then, that Martin left the state while at the center of a scandal. Sen. Ember Reichgott Junge, DFL-New Hope, chair of the State Ethics Committee, stated, "Dean Martin has provided us now with two to three different accounts of the facts." The alleged issue: State Sen. Dallas Sams was paid University funds ($12,500) to secure public funding ($1 million) that will be focused on corporate agriculture. Junge added that she "believe(s) that Dr. Martin was the center person in all of this." Tragically, the University's image of sifting through the ethics of biotechnology is a blatant lie.

For instance, the scientific hazards of rBGH, already pushed onto suicidal farmers and exploited consumers, was exposed recently by the distinguished Codex Alimentarius. The commission ruled unanimously that rBGH is unsafe on the grounds that the resulting milk has excessive levels of an insulin growth factor that is linked to spreading of various cancers, notably breast, prostate and colorectal. In the United States, 1 out of 2 men and 1 out of 3 women now get cancer. The University still has Monsanto tax-deductible financing of synthetic growth hormones on campus. All of this might seem shocking, since the University constantly promotes an image of ethical analysis regarding genetic engineering technology. But the public continues to become guinea pigs to this fundamentally deadly technology, and the Corporate University does public relations damage control.

For the 25-year Celebration of the Women's Studies Program, an anti-genetic engineering presentation was held, titled, "The Sacred Cow and the Mad Cow: metaphors of ecofeminism and technofeminism" by physicist and ecologist Dr. Vandana Shiva, Director of the Research Foundation for Science, Technology and Ecology. Inherent dangers of genetic engineering include: genetically engineered potatoes, being poisonous and damaging to mammals; increased cancer risks from genetically engineered products; damage to food quality and nutrition, increased antibiotic resistance, increased pesticide residues, genetic pollution, damage to beneficial insects and soil fertility, creation of genetically engineered "superweeds" and "superpests," creation of new viruses and pathogens, genetic "bio-invasion," socioeconomic hazards and ethical hazards. Because of Cargill's genetic engineering partnership with Monsanto and Cargill's invasive global corporate destruction, Shiva is part of a mass movement against Cargill and corporate capitalism.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

I thought everyone realized that Universities sold their souls for corporate donations to build new buildings and expand their technologies. They even get money for football stadiums. Guess I just couldn't comprehend that nobody knew that because I've known it for so many years.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

You gotta have the hard evidence to get policies changes. Agribusiness as Usual? At the University of Minnesota's farm school, discord blooms over budget cuts and the biotech bonanza

Even the professors are threatened and fired -- I saw this firsthand. The University administration deleted all my saved emails -- because I had an email activist list and I documented the lawyer running the University had "joked" about the professors' tenure being on the line if they didn't go along with the corporate welfare for profit research lies and also the for profit sweatshop scam for selling sports clothing at the expense of young females not allowed to go to school nor make enough money for their overtime - forced abortions, etc.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Thank you for that reply.In my era we witnessed DDT, Love Canal, Agent Orange, Three Mile Island. Back then the media was still the bearer of truth to some degree and not punished for it. Nor controlled as much as they are today.

The Nixon decade that brought us the Vietnam war for dinner every night on TV, the Watergate debacle, Iran Contra, etc, etc. Before the internet and media censorship gone awry, there were VHS videotapes that you could rent at stores that informed us of all these things. I became quite aware even then of the lies and deceit that our corporations, military and government carried out in our name, or the name of "Democracy" or "Humanitarian aid". This is all disinformation like you said.

In my opinion, not much has changed. The light went out of this country when JFK, MLK, RFK, Malcom X and everyone else not in the limelight was killed. I have watched the steady erosion of our rights and the constitution. I know where all this is heading. I want so much to change it too. Thanks for exposing the lies and bringing more light to it all. I appreciate that.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thanks for the kudos.

Yeah I got an email response from Noam Chomsky after I enquired why his book "At War with Asia" was out of print as it was the best expose of the IndoChina genocide that I had read. He then said that actually most people just read the superifical book interviews of him and not his real research and that in the 1930s the workers would assign one person to read to everyone else while they worked so people were really well educated. Also like in the Twin Cities Minnesota there used to be half a dozen different daily newspapers and now there's just one for Mpls. and one for St. Paul -- and guess what you won't find any exposes about the big pink elephant of Minnesota -- CARGILL. haha. Here is my expose of Cargill the world's largest private corporation. A friend of mine locked down to a car that blocked the entrance of Cargill in order to get some media coverage when we shut down the WTO in 1999 - that was our local action against the WTO via Cargill's headquarters. WOW the NPR affiliate gave CARGILL two minutes on the radio!! That's why Chomsky says NPR is the worst form of mind control because it creates this false framework of fake intellectual discussion while not addressing the pink elephant in the room. The local newspaper was actually PROMOTING Cargill's destruction of the Amazon rainforest with soybean farms even though Cargill was in violation of Brazil's environmental laws -- and a judge ordered their new $50 million soybean terminal to be shut down but Cargill got out of it as usual using their Rockefeller connections I'm sure.

So here's my expose on Cargill destroying the Amazon -- the only coverage is a small free newspaper that hardly no one reads

Now think about it -- Minnesota is considered "well educated" with tons of Fortune 500 corporations yet they all rely on slave-labor manufacturing conditions in the two-thirds world -- like Best Buy and Target. And lots more. 3M with their carcinogenic products -- they are the 13th largest toxic waste manufacturer in the U.s. -- something like that. Yet in Minnesota these are the great goals to live by. The largest depleted uranium manufacturer and land mind producer has been in Minnesota -- I got arrested there -- Alliantech. They moved their headquarters several times because everyone kept doing civil disobedience and now they moved their headquarters to Virginia but they still do manufacturing in Minnesota. So if you watch that Forgotten Bomb documentary is has the images of the depleted uranium horrors in Iraq -- I got arrested 2 protesting against the upcoming Iraq attack 2 in 1998 -- and the genocide from the sanctions got next to no coverage in the U.S. John Pilger's documentary is a must view on that.

Cargill: Our Taxes, Global Destruction!

Try getting this information in the "free press" in the U.S. haah. Talk about total mind control.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Bingo! Bookmarked! Now I got several from you I can't wait to view. Gotta go for now!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yeah I'm watching this right now -- how Germany is the number one exporter of tea yet doesn't grow tea.

I mean this is how the two-third worlds was "developed" by colonialism.

Kick off the communal farming peasants. Put in export monoculture. Force the peasants to work in slave labor conditions. Give them loan-shark deals so they can now buy the new imports they're dependant on. Then when they can't afford the interest which is 13 times more than the money they received -- then steal more of their resources, and if they protest just kill them off en masse.

Yep that's development!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by fulllotusqigong
reply to post by intrptr

Yeah I'm watching this right now -- how Germany is the number one exporter of tea yet doesn't grow tea.

I mean this is how the two-third worlds was "developed" by colonialism.

Kick off the communal farming peasants. Put in export monoculture. Force the peasants to work in slave labor conditions. Give them loan-shark deals so they can now buy the new imports they're dependant on. Then when they can't afford the interest which is 13 times more than the money they received -- then steal more of their resources, and if they protest just kill them off en masse.

Yep that's development!

Nope thats greed! Just finished Johm Pilger "Killing the children of Iraq". That was a good one. I shan't be replying here anymore. We are off topic for the thread. If you want to send me more, U2U me. Thanks for all the links to untold truth.

By the Way, I think this is the link you were trying to bring in your last post? You almost had it. Only paste the YouTube Id # after or between the "=" signs.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Oh thanks! Yeah we're off topic unless if a person considers that Monsanto made Agent Orange (roll the war docs) and Dioxin -- along with Ready Roundup -- it's all tied into Western monocultural imperial madness.

So you watched the Pilger Doc -- watch his "War AGainst Democracy" doc too -- and his doc on Burma -- Inside Land of Fear - -all his docs are stellar.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I just can't believe the same People that brought "Agent orange" would actually be around this long.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Terminator genes are so danergous we must stop them totaly. It creates plants with Sterile seeds, so the farmer is dependent on the seed dealer.

If these genes get too much into the open wild, we can watch the death of most plan speices, and gues what we follow. These genes are already contaminating our foods, and terminator gene seeds are being shown to have lower nutrion than regular seeds.

Saying it is like fighting a tornado is good, but that no excuse to give up, thats an excuse to double down harder and harder. So they are a huge multinational company, giving up is what they want.
This Tornado is litteraly threatening humanity for a few dollars more in their pockets, and dont care what disaters they cause including mass destruction of crops.

They are careless with their seed researches and whenever something escapes, they claim it was stolen and sue the farmer whose feild was taken over by monsanto gentics. Monsanto claims patent theft in these cases.
This is like being sued by a bulglar who breaks into your house and hurts himself, then sues you for getting hurt.

Monsanto & Cargill, what a dark brotherhood for food here. I will loose no sleep if these companies belly up tommorow.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

The GMO debate is over; GM crops must be immediately outlawed; Monsanto halted from threatening humanity

www.naturalnews.com...

(NaturalNews) The GMO debate is over. There is no longer any legitimate, scientific defense of growing GM crops for human consumption. The only people still clinging to the outmoded myth that "GMOs are safe" are scientific mercenaries with financial ties to Monsanto and the biotech industry.

GMOs are an anti-human technology. They threaten the continuation of life on our planet. They are a far worse threat than terrorism, or even the threat of nuclear war.

(visit the link for the full news article)

-I just wanted to add that they also already have genetically modified bees and mosquitoes and poison in the air, water, soil, food, it is being done purposefully and intentionally and they are not going to stop on their own. Do a search on Agenda 21. There is always more that we don't know than we do know....

Related News Links:
www.naturalnews.com

edit on 23-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/9/12 by masqua because: bb code fix

TheeLynnChase

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Svipdagr
I'm not a fan of GMO food but the new study of the effects of GMO corn on rats is not accurate. The site natural news is just another propaganda website. If you read the study and have some scientific background you will realize that the methodology used to experiment was not done properly. Thus making the claim partially invalid.

Control group was 20, 10 females & 10 males .. there were 10 groups of 10 for each gender

Seralini based his study on the chronic toxicity part of OECD protocol no. 453. It states that for a carcinogenesis trial you need a minimum of 50 animals of each sex per test group but for a toxicity trial a minimum of 10 per sex suffices.

Seralini's team chose a chronic toxicity protocol to see if the signs of liver and kidney toxicity escalated into something serious, which they clearly did, they did not set out to do a carcinogenicity study but a chronic toxicity study.

It is also worth remembering that Monsanto used 20 rats of each sex per group in its feeding trials but bizarrely, they only analysed 10, the same number as Seralini. So Monsanto does not have a leg to stand on on this point! We wonder why Monsanto only analysed 10 rats out of 20. Were these randomly chosen or were they selected because they were apparently healthy? Monsanto's data, like most such industry feeding trial data on GMOs, is not published so we cannot check this.

Monsanto says that the increased mortality rates and tumour incidence "fall within historical norms for this strain of laboratory rats, which is known for a high incidence of tumours".

By "historical norms" and "within this historical range", Monsanto means historical control data – data from various other studies that they find in the scientific literature or elsewhere.

The only scientifically valid control for such experiments is the concurrent control, not historical control data. This is because scientific experiments are designed to reduce variables to a minimum. The concurrent control group achieves this because it consists of animals treated identically to the experimental group, except that they are not exposed to the substance under study. Thus, the only variable is exposure to the substance(s) being tested – in the case of Seralini's experiments, NK603 maize and Roundup.

With this experimental design, any differences seen in the treated animals are very likely to be due to the substance being tested, rather than due to irrelevant factors, as is the case with historical control data.
Even if we were to follow Monsanto's recommendation and use historical control data in evaluating Seralini's findings, the historical control data cited by Monsanto is invalid because it relates to rats of a different origin (SD rats from Charles River Labs) than Seralini's rats (SD rats from Harlan). Seralini took historical data on the Harlan SD rat fully into account in his study – and the results still show that the tumour increase and other effects were statistically significant. The tumour incidence in the test groups in his study was overall around three times higher than the normal rate observed in the Harlan SD rat strain he used, as reported in the literature.
Finally, the "tumour-prone rat" argument used by Monsanto and others to dismiss Seralini's findings of increased tumours is spurious. The key point about Seralini's tumour findings was that the controls got some tumours, but the treated groups got significantly more tumours, and these appeared sooner and were more aggressive than those of the control groups.

Given Seralini's results,it is now up to Monsanto to pay for a full carcinogenicity study on the NK603 maize, which, however, must be carried out by independent scientists with no conflicts of interest.

It is industry's responsibility to prove that its products are safe. Clearly it has not done that. So NK603 must be withdrawn from the market until it has been proven safe.

www.gmwatch.org...
edit on 27-9-2012 by AliceBlackman because: forgot to add link

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

Wow -- terrific summary of why the dismissals of this research are bunk - attempts at discrediting, etc.

Thanks for clarifying so much!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I found it on the GMO watch site... I'm still trying to dig around more to see if I can find rebuttals for other points Monsanto made.

France is ordering an investigation into his study, which was partly funded by Ceres (a French supermarket), so we'll see what they come up with, also he previously won a slander case against him in 2009 from another Scientist over his previous research on roundup. Most critisms I see are over methadology but have seen that Forbes is now running an article claiming the study is a fraud!

Scientists Smell A Rat In Fraudulent Genetic Engineering Study

"We were mistaken about Séralini. The experiments reported last week show that he has crossed the line from merely performing and reporting flawed experiments to committing gross scientific misconduct and attempting fraud." They are also demanding the journal retract the study.

www.gmo-free-regions.org...

Article written by these good folks:
Henry I. Miller, a physician and molecular biologist, is the Robert Wesson Fellow in Scientific Philosophy and Public Policy at Stanford University’s Hoover Institution. He was the founding director of the Office of Biotechnology at the FDA. Bruce M. Chassy, a biochemist and molecular biologist, is former head of the Department of Food Science and Nutrition at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and is now Professor Emeritus of Food Science.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

Wow -- I'm not surprised at all -- Biotech is completely tyrannical and think "nothing" will get in their way.

Just consider how Monsanto attacks farmers for supposedly "stealing" their patent when the farmer's crop gets pollinated from a neighbor's farm.

Creepy enough that Monsanto is spying on farmers and trying to drive them out of business.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
But how does one become truly GMO free? Beyond looking at produce stickers? Any grain-fed animal can be eating it. I have 8 people in my house...there is no way I can afford grass-fed beef for us all. I've checked, and it's very expensive.

Monsanto makes money by making us sick, and by forcing farmers to either rebuy their seeds, or pay Monsanto a royalty because a GMO seed cross pollinated with non GMO. Then the Healthcare/Big Pharma get rich, because we need their insurance, doctors and tests, and their expensive pills.

We are all worth more to them sick and then DEAD, than we are healthy. And that just sucks.
edit on 9/28/2012 by Blackjack Baby because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackjack Baby

Yeah unless the supply of grass-fed animals dramatically increases.

I mean consider that unemployment is from automation and there's a great need for increased manual labor jobs producing food considering the food crisis.

Farmers are the least supported workers -- real farmers being females in the two-thirds world. The oil-based monocultural farming of the West will have to go away unless biofuels can really get going.

The bison wildland prairie restoration through the Land Institute in Kansas -- this shows promise.

Right now buying bison and organic eggs and no-synthetic chemical meat at the cooperative - my family freaks out at the cost of the food but they love the taste compared to synthetic chemical cancer food.

So I just grow as much of my own food as possible. So if I had chickens I could buy organic seed -- this probably would save me money. I can get 50 pounds of seed for $50. But taking care of chickens means the family has to support what I do which is currently not the case.

the real problem is people are mind controlled by corporate society -- so the idea of being ecological -- for example humanure composting is the correct ecological way of creating rich micronutrients to grow food.

Every time someone uses a normal toilet they waste clean water, electricity to pump the water and a great source of free nutrients to grow food. To make compost all that is needed is a carbon source that is aerobic -- so storing outside -- for at least six months. Then lots of good food can be grown.

So that's just properly dealing with human waste - people in the modern world don't do it -- but the Swedish Environment Institute now promotes humanure composting as the real solution.

Yeah I bought 50 pounds of organic wheat seed for $50 and then grow my own wheat grass and in the coop it sells for $3.50 for about 10 cents of wheat seed. haha. So I have been eating hundreds of dollars worth of wheat grass and I do the same with pea sprouts that the co-op sells for $5 for about 10 cents of seed.

Anyway people have to make a living growing food but if we took away the subsidies from the oil-based food -- then the whole system would collapse because the monopolies in distribution then drive down the price that food is bought and then the distributors get tax money to store the food for export abroad as a subsidy. So that is how the U.S. controls other countries - by driving out their local farmers who can't sell their food as cheap as it is being "dumped" by Cargill and ADM, etc. So then Monsanto comes in to then push their pesticides and genetic engineering to "increase" the harvest of the local farmers but in reality it drives the local farmers into debt that they can't pay off and so they are driven into slavery and then they commit suicide.

So when people buy subsidized corporate food -- they are already paying more but through taxes and so they don't think of the cost -- and actually it is because of lack of political knowledge about how the corporations work with the government and this is promoted by the Democrats just as much as the Republicans -- "Food for Peace" which is the Cold War food imperialism program was promoted by Hubert Humphrey and overseen by George McGovern.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheeLynnChase

I just wanted to add that they also already have genetically modified bees and mosquitoes and poison in the air, water, soil, food, it is being done purposefully and intentionally and they are not going to stop on their own. Do a search on Agenda 21. There is always more that we don't know than we do know...

i would not put it past them but do you have any sources for genetically modified bees etc. yet? I know they said they are working on it but dam if they release GMO bees we are screwed!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join