It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GMO debate is over; GM crops must be immediately outlawed; Monsanto halted from threatening huma

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
What about other organisations making GMO crops??

monsanto makes 12 GMO crops curently available in the USA - according to this page ther aer a total of 50 such products, so Monsanto make 1/4 of them - and even some of those are in conjunction with other organisations.

Monsanto gets demonised........but it is nowhere near monopolising GMO worldwide.
edit on 23-9-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

Kill 'em all, and let God sort em out...

....is what these companies' policies must be.

But we have to do things through the courts, you know, the proper way. The civilized way. Even though they are killing us off... So just remember, if someone has a gun to your head and is about to pull the trigger, remain calm and do things the proper way, through the courts.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Okay this video is like slightly weird but also... I mean MAYBE EACTLY ON THE DOT. Because like... just look at that... That is one of the most popular parts of the show south park ever... and like Woah you know????? It is kind of talking about crops obviously. Holy Crap!

See what I Mean man? Like that song is WAY tooo catchy to just be a coincidence!
edit on 9/23/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Yeah my dad's friend was a Federal Judge for the US Appeals District Court and so they had a closed committee ruling against the Family Farm protection laws for the region of the U.S. covering the farm belt.

These Family Farm protection laws are to stop the "verticalization" of Cargill, ADM, Monsanto from controlling the farmers directly - -the law primarily being you have to live on the farm to be a farmer.

This federal judge - I had dinner with him the night before he wrote his ruling. He had already made up his mind and his decision was based on his Cato Institute, Heritage Foundation corporate-fascist fake free market think tanks.

So the ruling claimed to be to protect the rights of a disabled farmer who couldn't live on his farm but in reality it was all so Cargill and Monsanto could move in to control the farmers.

Of course the judges know this but they pretend it's to protect a person in a wheel chair so how dare anyone mention the largest private corporation in the world moving in to gain even more control.

Court again declares South Dakota?s anti-corporate farming law illegal In a landmark, and troubling, opinion, the Eighth Circuit US Court of Appeals in St. Paul Tuesday upheld a previous circuit court decision that declared South Dakota's 1998 anti-corporate farming law, known as Amendment E, unconstitutional. Writing for the court, Eighth Circuit Appellate Judge Pasco Bowman said Amendment E violated the dormant Commerce Clause of the US Constitution because it "was motivated by a discriminatory purpose."

Here you go

The Commerce Clause of the U.S. constitution was written by rich aristocracy who wanted to preserve their wealth against the masses - like John Jay as Noam Chomsky details. So the Commerce Clause enables corporations to be legal persons protected by the bill of rights.

The court found two statements troublesome. The first was the statement that “without the passage of Amendment E, ‘[d]esperately needed profits will be skimmed out of local economies and into the pockets of distant corporations.’’”24 The second was a statement that “‘Amendment E gives South Dakota the opportunity to decide whether control of our state’s agriculture should remain in the hands of family farmers and ranchers or fall into the grasp of a few, large corporations.’”25 The court concluded that the “pro” statement (it did not specifically identify which statement) was “‘brimming with protectionist rhetoric.’”26

Yeah pdf on this ruling against "corporate farm laws"
edit on 24-9-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
As far as I am concerned this shouldnt be any surprise to anybody. Most PEOPLE are privy to the fact that GMO food produces unanticipated results over the course of generations. To me this is the purpose that nations can have. Is that when it comes to GMO the countries (who are already corrupt) find NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM and everyhing is just dandy... however then you have countries that dont buy that western media $hit... and they take a careful look at them... and declare them not good for the good of the people. So they outlaw them... not try and take the distinction off their labels that they are in fact GMO.

I also dont get huge erections from the term NWO... to me the majority of the people who are scared of a NWO are the people that have allowed the 'Order' part of NWO to trump the fact that as humanity evolves as a species... nation states will lose relevance... like what does it matter if I am born in this geographical latitude or this one? What does it matter if by some geographic distinction makes it Mexico vs the US?

This NWO business to me clearly loses the fact that we are all the same species. And through technology we can share our experiences with others... good or bad... so they might get changed at some point. And I agree with those NWO people... the last thing we need is a ruling elite judging what is good or not good for the world. Clearly they havent had a clue... uhhh... well ever. The eventuality of this system is we understand that people are just people... not mexican not indonesian... not taiwainese... they are just people... and treat everybody as such.. or we cant...

I take a perspective that I am sure George Carlin would agree with in saying... "If I can Fu*k you and have a kid... then we are the same race... we are the same species... I cant Fuc*k a turkey and have it have my same nose..." I am quoting myself on that... but like I said I think Carlin would agree... So if its not race then its CULTURE... and what our culture tells us from the mass media is completely inconsistent to the drive and wishes of most people....

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Monsanto needs to be destroyed.

They have violated human rights. Arrest the owners, divest the company of its assets and shut down its research.

Kill it all with fire until there is adequate science to back up GMO safety for human consumption and environmental neutrality.

~Tenth
edit on 9/23/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Agreed...arrest all the executives...and lock them up in jail for life. All the while they are in there they can be fed their own GMO foods, where they will die of tumors and cancer.
That'll teach em

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Ridiculous. It's comical the extent to which these psychopaths can go without any real repercussions. The worst part about the GMO situation is that for humans it's most likely a soft-kill. But not only will it taint the current generation; it may be the case that ingesting gmos will render current/future generations sterile -- which has been shown in another study.

Beyond disgusting; depraved; deplorable; insane. This is a clear anti-human chain of events that needs to be stopped dead & thoroughly evaluated before going a step further. It already appears we're far in the deep end.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Btw, the more I read into this thread the more angry I get at our governments and Monsanto and Food & Safety Regulators!

I am so mad that I am going to grab an organic apple from my truck that I picked from my mom's garden earlier today and swallow the goodness of the apple very hard!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Thanks so much for this info ....

Sounds like you've been doing some serious research.

Shame I can only give you one star ~~

Keep up the good work.....

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by rickymouse

It doesn't matter that you don't consume a lot of food. What matters is the food you do consume.
Just because you don't eat soybeans means nothing. The problem is the animals we eat are fed GMO feed, many of the other products we use are made containing GMO products. Then the vegetables we eat, are also becoming mostly GMO.

You see where this is going?

That's what bothers me, especially after seeing the video that was on the link provided by the OP......

Unless one is a true blue vegan, we all eat some sort of meat, whether it's bacon, ham, pork, steak, hamburgers, lamb, etc....

Scary to say the least.....

Monsanto, itself, is like a growing cancer tumor.

Now, how do we exterminate it, that is the million dollar question......

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Well if you shop at a cooperative food store you can get organic meat.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Ignorance is bliss! All you nay sayers and ludites, go back and watch Foootball ,, yeah.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by fulllotusqigong
reply to post by snarky412

Well if you shop at a cooperative food store you can get organic meat.

Venison and Kangaroo meat are pure 100% organic meats and pretty cheap these days down under...

And I might add, they both have three times the protine of domestic market meats. Much better for you..!!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Great OP. I suppose there IS still hope left.

Does anybody know why Monsanto has been aggressive with this issue of late? Obviously there are financial interests., but was or is there another agenda? Something along the lines of depopulation? Suppose they predicted that awareness of the side effects would be scarce? Thoughts or theories anyone?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

How about no meat at all?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
First of all, EACH GM PRODUCT IS DIFFERENT.I thought I should point this out.

My second point is that someone accidentally produced a poisonous potato a few decades ago that poisoned a bunch of people (too much solanine) by normal selective breeding. So, all new foods need to be checked.

My third point is, duh, some of the plants contained self generated pesticide that yopu couldn't wash off. What did Monsanto, and the rest of the world, expect?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The propaganda machine has been in overdrive on this one, to the point of making themselves look like amateurs...

Discovery news (and its many affiliated companies) ran this article just before the protests in California.
organic not better for you- discovery news
Turns out the Stanford study they sighted was, in part funded by cargill...
cargill and others behind anti organic

Not only are they supporting bogus studies, they are also critical of genuine scientific studies.
gm corn tumor link based on poor science- discovery news
This one came from the university of California. Who also offer "Monsanto fellowships"...
biosci uc davis

Anyone who knows anything will tell you this study into gm corn are still in the hypotheses stage, its not yet a theory. The only reason it has had coverage in science magazines is because it's potentially going to save lives! Good enough reason for me.
edit on 24/9/2012 by seudonymous because: fixed links

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Earths habitation has provided genetic foundation for its total population of all preceeding generation.

food manipulation brought genetic degradation in nearly one generation!

you can choose your position - only one is a natural condition

∞LOVE∞

MayAllSoulsBeFree

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Just wanted to show my support for this thread, star + flag.

Been at the occupy monsato protest in my local area.

I CONSIDER THIS BIOLOGICAL WARFARE

Council kept illegaly spraying my road late at night but denied it when I confronted the management. Sensing a legal vunerability I demanded they desist one night, to no avail unfortunately. So then I rocked them with big rocks, smashing the spray tank in the back of the truck. They beat a hasty retreat and havn't been back since.

I think these idiots only understand violence.

edit on 24-9-2012 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

The GMO debate is over; GM crops must be immediately outlawed; Monsanto halted from threatening humanity

www.naturalnews.com...

(NaturalNews) The GMO debate is over. There is no longer any legitimate, scientific defense of growing GM crops for human consumption. The only people still clinging to the outmoded myth that "GMOs are safe" are scientific mercenaries with financial ties to Monsanto and the biotech industry.

GMOs are an anti-human technology. They threaten the continuation of life on our planet. They are a far worse threat than terrorism, or even the threat of nuclear war.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.naturalnews.com

edit on 23-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/9/12 by masqua because: bb code fix

Monsanto is quite possibly the most evil company to ever exist. My cousin trips out over how I scarf down so much spirulina, chlorella, etc every day. THIS IS WHY. our food isn't safe. It's a tragedy, really..

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I apologize in advance if this article and these photos have already been posted, i briefly did scan thru the previous replies and I dont believe I saw anybody post about this yet. Anyways I'm posting an article that comes from the daily mail that talks about rats beinf fed strictly on a GMO corn diet which supposedly resulted in the growth of enormous tumors around various parts of their bodies (pictures in article). The female rats were more adversely affected than the male rats for whatever reason the scientists don't know. Anyways, interesting read nonetheless. www.deathrattlesports.com...

(well, the original dailymail article does not seem to be working, so I had to repost from another site.)
edit on 9/24/2012 by TokayTamer because: fixed link, again.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join