It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk Storm bringing 60 + mile hour winds plus a massive sheet of rain Red Amber alerts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Well I havn't needed to top up my pond once this year, or spend much time watering things - just think of the time I've saved

Would be good to have a repeat of last year with a mini heat wave in October but I'm not holding my breath!

If this is a tropical storm it's not a very warm one!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Post tropical storm.....

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Tomatoes back out.....NOT!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Neutron hitting the earth has been reported on a Moscow monitoring site.
Cosmic rays are also dramatically increased. Cosmic rays cause cloud cover (and therefore rain) to increase in height.

Now I am wondering how did we get a Neutron spike????????

I know the Chinese can microwave clouds but can someone 'neutron' clouds?

Or it is a space event? Obviously not the Sun. So what from?

Has anyone seen the 10pm News on BBC1 right now. It says UK to be hit by 12 month's worth of rain in 24 hours.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Maybe I'll get to use my canoes.)

It's weather war.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

A months rain in 24 hours, lol, not 12 months, I don't even think 12 months would be possible.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Well it's been pissing down all day here in N.Ireland, i am not amused

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
My planned trip on Eurostar was badly effected this morning, a lot of trains cancelled because of flooding in the tunnels, Severn and Box I assume.

Missed my connection as when the train did finally get going it was 15 minutes late into London.

On the way a lot of the fields looked very wet with large expanses of water in some.

Now in France and the rain has followed.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Worst rain storm in 30 years and still going on,think my thread had some weight behind it..!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gavlar1974

I think so. Lots of flooding about as rivers overflow. We were lucky here. The photos coming in from people near the River Ouse and its tributaries show how bad it is, Rivers Swale, Ure and Derwent in Yorkshire, water levels continue to rise.

edit on 26-9-2012 by Tzavros because: missed a word

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Had to drive through wheel arch high flood water to get to work today. Will be higher for the way back - makes work a bit more interesting! The only bridge in and out is underwater. Still, can see the railings on the side so no worries......

Was worse here in 2000 though. Those of us raised round here (Vale of York generally, rather than just York) are dab hands when it comes to flooding. 1983 / 84 was even worse because there weren't any river banks then and it froze after. Had a great week as a nipper! Local RSPCA currently looking for volunteers to take animals for the night as they are underwater at the moment. Wonder if they will still insist on a "suitability" check?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Dammit, beautiful day today, hot, sunny, and I had to work indoors for most of it....ppfffft.

Always the same.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Just take care driving through it. Tonight should be the worst, hopefully.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Well not good never thought i would be this bad ..!!! Terrible weather and it will only get worse as winter takes hold...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I had to drive through a main road in a town the other day and it looked just like a river. I and others were trying to drive near the center of the road but a bus came flying up the road and it looked like a tidal wave coming towards me! They don't care a bit....

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Maybe a bit worse than i was expecting in York, to be fair. 3rd highest recorded river level. Not too surprising though really as we had 54 hours continuous rain from sunday onwards, more sporadic since then. And by continuous i really do mean continuous.........didn't even stop for a minute!

Still, as we are all used to it life goes on as normal. People still using the bars and pubs, for example, just moving the tables and chairs ever so slightly higher! Police had an appeal on local media just after lunch today, basically asking people to stop ignoring them! Seems people don't like being told they can't try a certain route, etc. Good for them, says i. They also asked for calm as apparently people are getting rather aggressive when jobsworths in yellow jackets try to stop them going places!

Today has also seen the return of the idiots round here - those that live right next to a river, in a flood plain, in an area that used to be marsh and swamp - that the "authorities" aren't doing enough to prevent the flooding. D'uh, dumbos!

Local media coverage
edit on 27-9-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Worse than that, it was reported on the news that the looters are out and raiding shops and even peoples homes that have had to be evacuated and the police are understandably fumming as they keep having to investigate these goings on!

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join