It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relaxation is The Cosmic Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Think about it.

When you throw a ball, the ball just gives in to gravity and the wind, taking the easiest path.

Even in Space with Earth's Gravity, the easiest path is taken. The ball will just keep going in the direction it was thrown until another force acts on it.

When the flowers grow seeds, they just drop, and which ever ones make it into the soil will grow.

I guess my point is there:

There is no "EFFORT" or "STRUGGLE" with nature. Nature just does the easiest things.

Animals and People on the other hand use "effort". Animals use it to their benefit most of the time - for survival - but people do it to fit social standards, to feel accepted for being a "hard worker" or even because they feel like they are "forced" to - and this causes them to suffer for no reason at all.

Even hard workers will sometimes take a "vacation" or pick up a "hobby" or spend time with "loved ones" - so even they understand the importance of taking the path of most ease (they just do it less)...

I think some people already realized this. Many spiritual teachers preaching about "Peace" and "Love" (Being compassionate and helping others get ease), Lao Zi talking about "wu wei" - "doing without doing". "Acting without expectation", "keeping it simple".

It all makes sense... What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Ahh, just what i needed to read after a long day! I've been thinking about a similar concept a lot lately; namely, that I more often fail to reach my goals when I am trying too hard to get what I want & expending all sorts of energy that is more often than not, wasted. However, if I chillax a little bit (like, stop and really smell the flowers), I seem to attain my goals with much, much less effort. Of course, there is should always be drive, but harnessing one's drive it is a matter of the balance between finesse & tension.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I wouldn’t necessarily say that there is no struggle in nature. For example, a tree grows straight into the air even though gravity is pulling to the earth. It would take much less energy for a tree to grow across the ground rather than vertically.

However, I do understand and agree to the point you are trying to make. We all need to take a step back out of our fast paced lives and relax. Some things are just out of our control so why worry about them?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

S & F, not many aware of it, especially since Darwin that our civilization thinks we need to justify our existence and fight for our own survival.

It is not true, just like Lao Tzu also said: "Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished".

We have been brainwashed to produce, consume and be a 21th century mindless neurotic specie, we completely lost touch with our true nature, which is relaxation and being in the present. Neuroticism is the "evidence" that shown how far we went in the wrong direction, in the unnatural path. The best moments in life happens when everything "freezes" and you realize there is nowhere to go and nothing to do, then everything we do looks so incomprehensible and out of touch.

Nature is good, we are a part of nature too, not separated from it.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
There is no "EFFORT" or "STRUGGLE" with nature. Nature just does the easiest things.

What are your thoughts on this?

In just a simple observation of the physical struggle in nature/life...

There is plenty of effort and struggle in child birth.

There is plenty of effort and struggle when a butterfly takes hours to break free of its cocoon.

There is plenty of effort and struggle when a bird tries to break out of its egg.

There is plenty of effort and struggle for most animals on this planet just to survive from day to day.

There is plenty of effort and struggle everywhere...

Just my thoughts...

Gnobody

top topics

join