It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Central Bank password was 123456 (Really!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Not sure about the forum but it is an event and it is current so...

123456...Password accepted!

Not much more to say on this but...WOW! Someone's gonna lose their job. And then they have the nerve to arrest the guy who wasn't even trying to figure it out but stumbled across it by accident.

www.ubergizmo.com...

The man was trying to go around the paid telephone consumer support system and got from Internet forums what he thought was a direct-line to the central bank employees (yes, in France, you have to pay for most form of telephone support).

When asked for a code by an automated system, he entered 123456 and it worked – he had just breached the central bank’s security. It gets better: according to the man’s attorney, 654321 would have worked as well.

www.thedro.com...

What the French didn’t expect was that they’re all crazy retarded. The man who accidentally accessed the bank’s highly penetrable fortress was arrested… you know, because only a crook could have figured that password out. The humiliated French police goobermeisters had no comment.

And the most used, hackable passwords:
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

The No. 1 choice among Gawker users whose info was exposed: "123456." Or the second-most-popular password -- "password." Coming in third-place was "12345678."

Yup, 123456 up there at #1. And they arrest someone for "Hacking" it?

Can't say much more...just wow..For a 2nd time.

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
what do you expect

those 6 toe'd french bankers and their counting systems

as a failsafe passcode
simply remove sock and count toes

or if your counting other foot (reverse) it will also work

french word for 2

DUH!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
And in other news.... French Banks are now scrambling to change all the security codes on their vaults!
Gotta love the French.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
That's the kind of combination an idiot would have on his luggage.

Further proof that there are no boundaries for human stupidity.
And I would know.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
How stupid, the idiots clearly didn't change the factory settings.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Better change the code on my luggage - in best Mel Brookes/president skroob style

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

Many of the lock boxes I have put on bank and HUD homes use the default code. I found a local realtor who uses "2121" guess who that is?

All of the foreclosed home in the USA have about 6 maybe 8 different key codes for the entire country! All one would have to do is search Google, The toughest lock I found was by a company called "American".

Here is an article by a lock smith who says that 80 percent of the homes can be opened with 5 magic keys!

www.venturestreet.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

Many of the lock boxes I have put on bank and HUD homes use the default code. I found a local realtor who uses "2121" guess who that is?

All of the foreclosed home in the USA have about 6 maybe 8 different key codes for the entire country! All one would have to do is search Google, The toughest lock I found was by a company called "American".

Here is an article by a lock smith who says that 80 percent of the homes can be opened with 5 magic keys!

www.venturestreet.com...

In this day and age with so many warnings daily of protecting your passwords, codes and updating security on your residence, people are just not listening because they think it will never happen to them. It's always the guy down the street it happens to.

Guess the bank thought this as well.

Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Where have heard this before??
Damn it sounds awfully familiar.

link
edit on 22-9-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
There is actually sort of a ( failed ) logic to this. Most people trying to crack manually would never use consecutive number strings, being predisposed to the reality that most systems administrators know better than to use them. These people would likely try to gain personal information about a terminal or systems primary user - such as birth dates, anniversaries, family birth dates, etc. And any brute force attack would begin with "000001", "000002", "000003", etc. Thus providing ample time for security programs to detect the intrusion.

Whoever coded this was actually possibly a bright guy who skipped a simple trick. Had the passcode been "654321" then this thread probably wouldn't be here.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

www.venturestreet.com...

In this day and age with so many warnings daily of protecting your passwords, codes and updating security on your residence, people are just not listening because they think it will never happen to them. It's always the guy down the street it happens to.

Guess the bank thought this as well.

Peace

Well Jude, To be honest ... "locks only keep honest people out of your home. Many locks can be opened easily with a a pair of channel locks or screwdriver".....

locks are a bit like TSA and airport screening.... they look good but if sosmeone wants to circumvent them they can.....

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

What the French didn’t expect was that they’re all crazy retarded.

Originally posted by Insearchofthetruth1987
what do you expect

those 6 toe'd french bankers and their counting systems

as a failsafe passcode
simply remove sock and count toes

or if your counting other foot (reverse) it will also work

french word for 2

DUH!

Well at least french are able to use punctuation, don't be so full of yourself, for exemple you may find it easier to use your bigger toe to remember that you've got to put a capital letter at the start of every sentence.

So : first toe is big - first letter should be big too.

That password was totally retarded and I'd be the first to laugh about it if I didn't have to endure those moronic comments about french people.
edit on 26-9-2012 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join