It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What equipment is required to hear G. Lake security chatter?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

No it didn't sound nothing like that. Let me see what I can dig up today to give you a better idea of what it sounds like.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Found it!

It's called the KY-58. Here's the website that I found it on...

www.jproc.ca...

Still trying to find some audio of what it sounds like when you don't have secure voice and somebody that does is talking on it...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

That takes 25KHz bandwidth. That is more than 4 AM channels of bandwidth. Are you sure it was on 311.0?

It is a digital scheme, so it shouldn't resemble speech at all.

If you can find the KY-57 online, it will sound the same. (ARMY versus Air Force.)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Yeah Grand Forks AFB command post was 311.0. And it didn't sound like speech at all. It just sounded like squelch. I spent an hour trying to find some audio of it and I couldn't.

edit on 28-9-2012 by boomer135 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I dont want to start trouble but for you peoples who have a curiosity.

Take and get some blue lasers from wicked or anywhere and start waving them regularly above the area that is legal to kick it and you will get aliens or humans in ships checking you out.

In my dreams I was told I could do this in montana and I would recieve a response.

I did it in texas with a flashlight and the humans put a ship right above the trees on the property to # with me. Stealthed but they broke stealth too.

was pretty cool.

they will react if you do that on legal grounds

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tekeen
I dont want to start trouble but for you peoples who have a curiosity.

Take and get some blue lasers from wicked or anywhere and start waving them regularly above the area that is legal to kick it and you will get aliens or humans in ships checking you out.

In my dreams I was told I could do this in montana and I would recieve a response.

I did it in texas with a flashlight and the humans put a ship right above the trees on the property to # with me. Stealthed but they broke stealth too.

was pretty cool.

they will react if you do that on legal grounds

Ummmm??? What? Seriously? Am I missing something or is this really off topic?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

The problem with ATS is the posters from the shall we say less analytical forums like to cross post on the Area 51 forum. The only way posts get removed is to violate some rule, and unfortunately posting your dreams on the Area 51 forum doesn't violate any ATS rule, even if it is 100% irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Incidentally, can you describe the encrypted radio sound as something other than "squelch." Check out this page:
www.kb9ukd.com...
and in particular this sound
www.kb9ukd.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 1lionexPro

For all of you interested in listening to some audio other than normal radio have a look at this webpage:
SDR radio with DVB-T stick

You don't need a $100+ scanner as you can use much cheaper hardware with a special software. It's the same like buying a $400 TV and flashing it legally with another firmware to get the same functions the $1000 model has as the hardware of both is exactly the same. Today the software is much more important.

You can get a DVB-T stick incl. shipping from HongKong for $14 and the SDR software is open source/free. So for less than $20 you can listen to whatever you might receive. Just make sure that you don't try to break any encryption with additional software as this is illegal. If you just scan the frequencies and hear something interesting it's legal (at least in most countries) as the sender has to make sure (with encryption or simple tricks) that you can't hear it.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Nope thats not it....let me do some more looking...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by UnixFE

It makes far more sense simply to do a demod tap on a standard scanner and use a PC via soundcard to do the digital decoding.
sourceforge.net...
However, if the signal is encrypted, you will not be able to decrpyt the signal unless someone gives you the key. I was able to demod the one of the contractors using MotoTRBO encoding (non-encrypted). I proved the Camo Dudes do not use ProVoice modulation since DSD MBE can decode that signal. DSD MBE does Pro-25, but you can buy scanners that do that. It will also decode unencrypted Open Sky.

I had a winradio SDR on loan for evaluation. On paper this all sounds great. In reality, anything that needs a computer, even DSD MBE, is difficult to use in the Nellis range. The problem is you need to run a PC with reasonable horsepower to hear the comms. That means a generator or multiple lead acid batteries. The amount of solar cells you can carry in a car isn't enough to run a PC all day, even with one battery to take you through the night.

If you do want to go the cheapie SDR route, I'd suggest this forum:
forums.radioreference.com...

Personally, I rather just buy a scanner. The performance is so much better .Most of what these posters are doing can be bought off the shelf from GRE and run from AA cells.

edit on 2-10-2012 by gariac because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

You misunderstood my post. It's not about decoding digital encryption (illegal most of the time) but about building a scanner for $20.

So instead of buying a radio scanner for $100+ you can simply buy a $12 DVB-T stick and use it as a radio scanner as you can use special software to set the tuner to any frequency and not only those TV frequencies it was build for.

If you already own a laptop you can plug in this $12 stick and hear what's around you without expensive equipment. You just need a good antenna but you have to buy a good one for any radio scanner too. Of cause you can also build your own antenna out of scrap metal and wires (just ask your favorite search engine for some antenna designs)

ETA: I agree with you and also prefer a real radio scanner. I own a good one for around $500 and it works >30h with one battery load. These scanners also can scan thousand channels in just seconds and display a spectrogram of nearby frequencies and much more. As always if you pay more you get more. I just wanted to show that it is possible to 'build' a radio scanner (with limited functions) for a few bucks.

edit on 2-10-2012 by UnixFE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by UnixFE

I understand SDRs. I edited my last post to add a link to a forum to decode P-25 using the Realtek. The problem is a notebook PC is not nearly the handy scanner that you think it is. I can run a radio on half a watt. I need at least 40 watts to run the PC for SDR. It simply isn't good for field use.

Most of us that record scanner audio in the range can't even use a PC for that purpose if you expect to record continuously. A few of us are using Zoom H2 recorders. The H2N can run 20 hours on two AA cells, with built in VOX.

Expect to spend a few hundred dollars just driving around the range. The cost of a scanner is just noise in the long run.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This one is pretty close...go to the website and download the link.
www.partnersinrhyme.com...

Even this one is off. It's almost there, but add more of a squelchy sound to it. I'm still looking...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join