It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney secret video - full transcript.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
www.motherjones.com...
(just click and scroll down)

[If] you have no skill or experience…you're welcome to cross the border and stay here for the rest of your life."
Envisioning a pre-election hostage crisis, à la Iran and Jimmy Carter: "If something of that nature presents itself, I will work to find a way to take advantage of the opportunity."

Audience member: I think one of the aspects about hope and change that worked well for Obama four years ago was he promised to bring us more honest, transparent governance in Washington. I've been around politics—the first campaign I worked for was Barry Goldwater in 1964. I've gotta be the oldest Republican in [unintelligible]. But from what I've seen, particularly in the last seven months because of my own personal involvement in an issue, is the government in Washington right now is just permeated by cronyism, outright corruption. Our regulatory agencies that are supposed to protect the public are protecting the people that they're supposed to be regulating. And I think people are fed up with that. Doesn't matter if you're in the tea party of Occupy Wall Street, people see that the government is working for the powerful interests and the people who well-connected politically and not the common person. Which threatens that whole idea that we have this great opportunity—which we should have and have had, historically—in the US for anybody, from whatever background, to become successful. One way that that becomes compromised is when the government is no longer seen as being an honest agent. And where our tax dollars are not really being put to work for us but for the people who are plugged-in politically. You know, you had cases like Solyndra and [unintelligible] that I've talked about and gotten involved in. You have Eric Holder who is probably the most corrupt attorney general that we had ever in American history. And I think it's something that if spun the right way in simple terms can actually resonate with the American people. Obama did not keep his promises. Nancy Pelosi was supposed to give us an honest Congress and has given us just the opposite as speaker. And I think that's a campaign issue that can work well. I'm optimistic that you'll be elected president. And my recommendation would be clean house, immediately. The SEC, the CFEC are disaster areas.

Romney: I wish they weren't unionized, so we could go a lot deeper than you're actually allowed to go. Yeah. I can say this, which I'm sure you'll agree with this as well. We speak with voters across the country about their perceptions. Those people I told you, the 5 to 6 or 7 percent that we have to bring onto our side, they all voted for Barack Obama four years ago. So, and by the way, when you say to them, "Do you think Barack Obama is a failure?" they overwhelmingly say no. They like him. But when you say, "Are you disappointed in his policies that haven't worked?" they say yes. And because they voted for him, they don't want to be told that they were wrong, that he's a bad guy, that he did bad things, that he's corrupt. Those people that we that have to get, they want to think they did the right thing but he just wasn't up to the task. They love the phrase, "He's in over his head."

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Only Romney would outsource part of his campaign team. More American jobs lost due to his work ethics.

Romney: Yeah, well. So it's—I can tell you I have a very good team of extraordinarily experienced, highly successful consultants. A couple of people in particular who've done races around the world. I didn't realize these guys in the US, the Karl Rove equivalents, they do races all over the world. In Armenia. In Africa. In Israel. I mean, they work for Bibi Netanyahu in his races. So they do his races and see which ads work and which processes work best and, uh, we have ideas about what we do over the course of the campaign. I'd tell them to you, but I'd have to, you know, shoot ya. [Audience laughs.] Hopefully it will be a successful place.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Summerian

So what’s the point of this thread?

What did he say that you have a problem with?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I need it, I want it.
I'm going to dissect this guy Mitt Romney.
Much easier with a transcript.
That's the point.
See you all later, go to go.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I'm going to dissect this guy Mitt Romney.

Much easier with a transcript.

That's the point.

I have a suggestion……

Maybe you should do that (dissection) FIRST and put it all together before starting a thread?? It makes for a better read.

I was ready to debate and now I’m left feeling cheated!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Portraying 47% of the country as deadbeats is one thing because it is a lie. At least he finally talked about our active combat soldiers because they pay no taxes. And his views on the middle east is moronic. He complains about Obama's middle east policy when his will be kick the can down the road and hope for the best.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Portraying 47% of the country as deadbeats is one thing because it is a lie.

He never said 'deadbeats' and what he said was accurate. 47% of Americans have at least one member of their household accepting some form of government assistance. 

At least he finally talked about our active combat soldiers because they pay no taxes.

Military wages are only tax exempt while deployed.

And his views on the middle east is moronic. He complains about Obama's middle east policy when his will be kick the can down the road and hope for the best.

Those are your opinions. I didn't see the OP make any point at all. 

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

reply to post by buster2010

He never said 'deadbeats' and what he said was accurate. 47% of Americans have at least one member of their household accepting some form of government assistance.  

And you are willfully missing the point.
Did you find his speech full of love and care for those that are now hurting in this economic dep.. sorry.. recession?
If a President isn't suppose to care for those 47% "unfortunates", what's his job?
This was a man suspected of being the establishments choice for POTUS. This didn't really help in changing that belief. Hope you understand. It pretty much sealed it.

---
And to the Mods: Is it really okay to post the full transcript?
If I do, I'm not going to get banned or anything, am I?
edit on 22-9-2012 by Summerian because: Added the last part.

new topics

top topics

join