It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Cranks and crazies' have taken over US Republicans, says Australian minister

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It is unusual for "western liberal" governments to criticise each other - at least in such blunt language, and no doubt the US republicans will write off this guy as a communist (he's Labour Party - if you think thedemocrats are communist then Labour parties around the former British Empire must give you nightmares!!)

but to be frank this is pretty much how the republicans are seen by most antipodeans these days (I'm a kiwi) - we really do find it utterly incomprehensible how the US "right" is sliding towards x-ian anti-science fundamentalism, while still claiming to want to lead the "free world", guarantee eth constitution, etc.

The Australian treasurer Wayne Swan, in an unusually blunt criticism of US politics weeks before the presidential election, said "cranks and crazies" had taken over the Republicans and posed the biggest threat to the world's largest economy.

Swan, one of few world leaders able to boast his country had avoided recession during the global financial crisis, also labelled the Tea Party wing of the Republicans as "extreme".

"Let's be blunt and acknowledge the biggest threat to the world's biggest economy are the cranks and crazies that have taken over the Republican Party," Swan said in a speech to a conference in Sydney.

source

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Anyone still caught in the Left-Right paradigm obviously hasn't been keeping up with the reality of current politics.
The new paradigm is are you 'Awake' or 'Asleep'.

The difference will determine whether you survive the coming months.

"War doesn't determine who's right or wrong... it determines who is LEFT!"

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Wayne Swan... LOL.

Sorry, I would love to say something constructive but can't stop laughing.

Wayne Swan..... LOL.....

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Wayne Swan.

meh.

Call me when the ALP get some credibility or when the LIB's can produce a policy.

Bugger the yanks.

Swan could have equally been referring to ALP or LIB and the statement would still qualify.

Such is the state of Australian politics.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Wayne Swan did nothing to help this Country out during the Economic Downturn except rack up Federal Debt like there is no tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
IMHO cranks and crazies have taken over America!
edit on 20-9-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Wayne Swan did nothing to help this Country out during the Economic Downturn except rack up Federal Debt like there is no tomorrow.

Seems those more knowledgeable disagree

WAYNE Swan has been named the world's best treasurer

Euromoney said Mr Swan had been given the award "for his careful stewardship of Australia's finances and economic performance, both during and since the global financial crisis''.

www.news.com.au...

On topic: I think what he said applies to parties in power in all western countries!
edit on 20-9-2012 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The whole lot of them are pathetic leaders. US, AUS, UK, French, Everywhere. Wayne Swan is a spoof stain and you can find him hanging of the red heads coat most days.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Wayne Swan....

For those that don't know, somehow this dweeb has fumbled himself into politics - jousted into a position in 'economics' AFTER the steps to avoid the GFC were already in place. Then he gets a world-wide gold star as worlds best economist!
He is honestly like a Mr. Magoo. He even looks like Mr. Magoo, sounds like he has the intelligence of a in-bred door knob and smiles along thinking people give a crap about what he has to say...

He talks of Cranks and Crazies, I'm thinking it takes one to know one.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I wouldn't call them "cranks and crazies"... well, actually, that's as accurate a label as the ones I would use.

I have been thinking about this lately and had an idea for a thread: "Republicans are NOT Republicans Anymore". They are NOT the conservative, freedom-loving, fair and honest party that they used to be. Yes, there are issues with both parties (that's why I wouldn't belong to one if I were paid to do so), but the GOP has moved so far to the right, that their remaining interests are religion, control of the populous, self-concern, corporate support, class warfare, the military industrial complex and short-term gain (for them).

The Tea Party was a great idea in its inception, but was quickly taken over by the extreme right. The "neocons" of the Bush administration are the names we know (Koch, Rove, etc.), but I can't help but wonder about the people behind the movement who are pushing this agenda.

In almost every poll I see, there are about 33% who support the right NO MATTER WHAT. This 1/3 of our nation are the scariest people I know. They are not conservatives and they are not Republicans, though they wear the label - lind of like terrorists wear the "Muslim" label to pretend they are part of an existing group for cover.

I am frankly scared of these people. I don't know who Wayne Swan is, nor do I care. But I agree with him 100% on this one.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well, he is right - Republicans have gone off the deep end even worse than when Bush was in office. For some reason, they promote ideals such as denying science and leaving poor people to fend for themselves

(for some reason, people in America are not entitled to FOOD, SHELTER and MEDICINE according to Republicans)

Even Ronald Reagan promoted helping the poor.

In the end, denying science and writing off 47% of your population is, believe it or not, NOT a healthy political philosophy.

So yes, Republicans have gone insane. And yes, if they gain power they will make a HUGE mess.
edit on 21-9-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
He`s just saying what a lot of americans have already been thinking.

A mormon trying to get elected as president??? lol
Thats not even a real religion it`s a cult started by some guy named Joe smith from new york, JOE SMITH???!!! c`mon if you`re going to use an alias at least be a little creative about it.

The biggest threat to peace on earth are all these fanatical extremist religious nutjobs.
Public displays of religious beliefs should be outlawed including verbal displays of religious beliefs.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
America's cut is because the easy oil is gone. America had to cut down because we don't have the oil to create the paradise others want.

Earth's atmosphere is heavily polluted now. You Aussies should pay more attention to your scientists than your Democrats and learn from the mistakes they have done. (Pollution to make a quick buck and votes). You've lost entire species of life down there.

With all the pollution from Asia and the 3rd world dirt holes...the biggest threat to human survival is the pollution we're breathing.....creating a booming America paradise the Democrats want....even if we had the oil.....could spell the end of life on Earth.

I think the Aussies are the crazies for fueling Asia's pollution and not demanding China/Indonesia stop their crazy pollution and cut their populations before we all die. Ain't much of an atmosphere left on Earth.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
I think the Aussies are the crazies for fueling Asia's pollution and not demanding China/Indonesia stop their crazy pollution and cut their populations before we all die.

You're blaming the Australians for that? Hahahahahaha. Sarcasm hopefully?

You can thank all the losers out buying Iphone5 for that.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Did he say anything about the unelected czar in the WH who wrote a book recommending mass medication of the water supplies to render the entire populace sterile?

Guess not.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
It is unusual for "western liberal" governments to criticise each other - at least in such blunt language, and no doubt the US republicans will write off this guy as a communist (he's Labour Party - if you think thedemocrats are communist then Labour parties around the former British Empire must give you nightmares!!)

but to be frank this is pretty much how the republicans are seen by most antipodeans these days (I'm a kiwi) - we really do find it utterly incomprehensible how the US "right" is sliding towards x-ian anti-science fundamentalism, while still claiming to want to lead the "free world", guarantee eth constitution, etc.

The Australian treasurer Wayne Swan, in an unusually blunt criticism of US politics weeks before the presidential election, said "cranks and crazies" had taken over the Republicans and posed the biggest threat to the world's largest economy.

Swan, one of few world leaders able to boast his country had avoided recession during the global financial crisis, also labelled the Tea Party wing of the Republicans as "extreme".

"Let's be blunt and acknowledge the biggest threat to the world's biggest economy are the cranks and crazies that have taken over the Republican Party," Swan said in a speech to a conference in Sydney.

source

Right, another case of foreign communist trash trying to interfere with America's right to self determination, combined with a psychopathic usage of Rules for Radical's(Psychopaths). Get the hint, America= the World to us. We don't want little to do with Aussie inbreds period. Combined with that, you use words you do not understand in order to advance an anti American and Anti-Christian agenda.

Republicans do indeed follow the Constitution. No where in the Constitution does it give Congress the ability, the right, to pass any legislation in regard to religion. In-Fact, the first amendment expressly prohibits Congress from passing legislation in regards to religion. The whole notion of separation of Church from State is atheist BS created to persecute and diminish Christian in a Christian nation.

This is why tolerance is a failed concept, because atheist's and other non-Christian never had any intention of being tolerant themselves. But heck, the inbred Aussie's need something to forget them about the core Industry demanding $2 a day wages for native workers. Or the fact that Aussie's PM is a bigger liar then Obama(actually Obama never lied much, no one was listening to him). You speak about the Republican Party being a sham, how about the Aussie government that is voted in to do one thing and does a complete other.

Or we could talk about the massive roll back in father's rights in Australia that makes it seem like divorced mothers in Iran have more rights then Divorced fathers in Australia.

I find your talk of freedom so disingenuous that it makes an honest person want to vomit.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The craziest bunch that have ever been in power.

We are lucky their isn't a Hitler around to guide them.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209

Originally posted by mazzroth

Seems those more knowledgeable disagree

WAYNE Swan has been named the world's best treasurer

Euromoney said Mr Swan had been given the award "for his careful stewardship of Australia's finances and economic performance, both during and since the global financial crisis''.

www.news.com.au...

On topic: I think what he said applies to parties in power in all western countries!
edit on 20-9-2012 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

LOL, those with more knowledge disagree

Those with that apparent more knowledge are the ones who got the world in this financial disaster, of course they are going to say he is the best, he got Australia from a position of growth back to where TPTB want us to be, at the mercy of the market

Honestly, we cry deny ignorance and make comments like that

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Well yeah. The GOP is pretty nutty these days. Wanting to be leaders of the `free world` yet fulling their party with religious zealots does look good for them. The GOP is becoming a party which will go to the extremes without hesitation in order to gain power. That is sad and tragic because the extremes they seem to be willing to attached themselves to will have very negative effects on society, the economy and the structure of the government.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join