It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now THATS a close call - explosive at soccer match

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Not really anything to debate here, but wow. This guy was lucky.
Some idiot through an explosive onto the pitch and this player luckily threw it away at the right moment.

www.news.com.au...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Not really anything to debate here, but wow. This guy was lucky.
Some idiot through an explosive onto the pitch and this player luckily threw it away at the right moment.

www.news.com.au...

Yeah like it's safe to pick up a grenade
maybe he thought it was a coconut

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
That doesn't really fit the criteria for a typical "firework" and it appears far more closer to a explosive device intended to do harm or destruction.

Also I find it interesting that the device did not ignite until it hit the ground from the toss (impact detonation).

Whoever put this item there is indeed committing a heinous act, and I would hope they can be identified with absolute certainty and brought to justice for attempting to harm other human beings wrongly.

Quite a disturbing event, to say the least. Thankfully it appears no one was hurt too badly.
edit on 20-9-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Why? Because he's black?

Maybe he didn't even think it was an explosive, because people generally don't throw explosives onto the pitch in Football?

I doubt they'll catch the culprit. Those matches aren't all that secure, not videoed very well.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Well, while you might think that there might not be much to debate about it... Agit8dChop, I believe it warrants some looking into for a couple of reasons. The first one being:

Originally posted by muzzleflash
That doesn't really fit the criteria for a typical "firework" and it appears far more closer to a explosive device intended to do harm or destruction.

And I'll agree with muzzleflash on the above quote, and expand.

Definitely not a random firecracker tossed onto the field, methinks. Whatever it was, created a pretty large blast fireball, for lack of a better term - (not an expert in explosives) and much larger amount of smoke shortly thereafter. However, it probably wasn't a grenade as there didn't appear that anyone close to the blast had been hit with shrapnel, or injured in any manner.

In fact, if you watch the vid... pay attention to the dude wearing the yellow #4 shirt. In the beginning he's standing just to the right of the center frame, in front of the two guys wearing the red shirts.

When the explosion happens, everyone else reacts and moves away. Number 4 yellow shirt dude calmly appears to walk toward where it went off, and raises his hands in the air as if saying WTF. I do find that bit highly odd.

The last reason I sense some high strangeness:

Wednesday night's AFC Champions League clash between Iranian side Sepahan and Saudi Arabia's Al-Ahli produced no goals, but there was certainly some explosive action at the Foolad Shahr Stadium.

Iran vs Saudi Arabia? No one else seeing a connection there? Surely I'm reading too far between the lines on this one, but it looks to me that it was some form of improvised explosive.

Couple of thoughts:
If the object detonated upon impact, why did it not blow up when it first landed on the field? Do we know for a fact that it was thrown onto the field? Is there more video / different angles of this event?

What it was, where it came from, or what it's intended purpose was... are (I feel) valid questions to ask given the circumstances.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Why? Because he's black?

Maybe he didn't even think it was an explosive, because people generally don't throw explosives onto the pitch in Football?

I doubt they'll catch the culprit. Those matches aren't all that secure, not videoed very well.

Nothing to do with being black if he was/white/chinese/indian/russian/english/american etc
im not stereo typing i never mentioned because hes black i merely saying that there is stewards
And other personel who are at football matches to over see this kinda thing.His job is to play
football and only to pick up the ball when not in play, not foreighn objects sir.
the only thing he should be doing is chucking the ball to the goal keeper or taking a throw in
etc.Ive been going to football matches for 25yrs and it's got nothing to do with his colour skin.
I also do security so i know what i am talking about.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

That's fine and I completely agree, just not sure about the coconut jab. Also, I've studied that video closely and something strange happens.

He seems to throw it sideways to the ground in front of the fence yet the object actually seems to go up over the fence....and then the explosion happens.....in front of the fence....so I thought maybe it blew a hole through the signage, from behind the fence....nope, no hole.

Something dodgy is going on, I think the video is being edited somehow to cover up maybe something more sinister.
edit on 21-9-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

That's fine and I completely agree, just not sure about the coconut jab.

Im from southern england home of the cokney accent and wit ull be surprised at how
it can sound To most outside south of england and the world, words will come accross
offensive, even north of england midlands west east have all different sayings .

(bees and honey-money) (current bun-sun) (hank marvin-starvin) however i wouldn't
use that extreame of slang on here.I see alot complain with some things they don't understand
in our culture, but i assure you - i - we mean no offence. We gave you your english speaking
language, americans too, but like america you guys have your own meanings with the
sayings i.e slang etc.It all sorta originates from london what both you guys get.the coconut
saying some mods reading this.. who are southern english will get it...

Peace.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Ahh, apologies mate.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Ahh, apologies mate.
No worries mate..

new topics