It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Spends $70k On Ads Denouncing Anti-Islam Film

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

US Spends $70k On Ads Denouncing Anti-Islam Film

www.google.com

The American embassy in Islamabad, in a bid to tamp down public rage over the anti-Islam film produced in the U.S., is spending $70,000 to air an ad on Pakistani television that features President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton denouncing the video.

The State Department said Thursday the embassy had compiled brief clips of Obama and Clinton rejecting the contents of the movie ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Why then is the Obama administration cooperating with Hollywood making a movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden?

"Zero Dark Thirty," will have explosive content, far more publicity than the YouTube video in question.

Zero Dark Thirty Trailer

Obama is not in the movie, yet everyone
has seen him taking credit.

Is the Obama Administration Clueless?

Or... more Surely, this is a stage being set, a fire fueled.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-9-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Is the Obama Administration Clueless?

Either that, or they have an agenda that has a really nasty conclusion to it and we won't see what it is until it's too late ... Does December 21, 2012 come to mind? Yep .. does for me.

As for the $$ spent by the Obama admin on this. It's a waste of money. I get that they are spending $70,000 to try to save $$$ on the other end. But that money would have been better spent trying to RAISE PEOPLE UP ... get them to understand that this is the year 2012 and that they have to learn self control. Spending that $70,000 on denouncing free speech in the USA is just more of the failed 'appease and apologize' failed foreign policy of Obama.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Either that, or they have an agenda that has a really nasty conclusion to it and we won't see what it is until it's too late ... Does December 21, 2012 come to mind? Yep .. does for me.

Exactly. Its a complete waste of money, and I think they know it.
The picture that is forming is really sinister.

And add the fuel when the adds hit in New York, Ad Calling Jihad ‘Savage’ Is Set to Appear in Subway

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Why the hell are we paying for ads for something that was not the problem?

First the film was an excuse which the admin has backtracked on then when people dug deeper we have found out it was planned,premeditated by an ex gitmo detainee, and Al Queda.

Then today the White house finally admitted it was a terrorist attack by their words and actions they should shelf the Current potus who killed Bin Laden movie out of "inciting arab violence'..

Those people are all over the place.
edit on 20-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

It really makes no sense at all from a logical standpoint, there must be some
other reason, probably to incite more violence. This is Orwellilan for sure.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What an idiotic waste of money. If the average person around the world can't tell the difference between a government and one citizen who lives in a country, then there's no amount of money you can throw at them to make them believe it.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Does December 21, 2012 come to mind? Yep .. does for me.

Interesting is it not that bin Laden was most likely already dead.
Yet, if he died without fanfare and then his is boogey man no more,
and the war on terror is dead...whats next?

What better way to really make a hollywood story than to kill him again
with a hollywood style ending, in conjunction with other timed
releases of propaganda....its a war in the making.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

The reason is political like everything else the current adminstration bases it's policies on. It makes the adminstration look incompetent considering the stances he campagined on to get elected and now the upcoming election.

Deflect and obfuscate everything and everyone else is "the blame" except the policies set forth by the last 4 years of the current administration..
edit on 20-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The reason is political like everything else the current adminstration bases it's policies on. It makes the adminstration look incompetent considering the stances he campagined on to get elected and now the upcoming election.

Deflect and obfuscate everything and everyone else is "the blame" except the policies set forth by the last 4 years of the current administration..

Yes, good points. That too....I am just seeing the Manchurian Candidte more and more
every day in passing....this has been double and triple played so far. And...were not quite
done yet.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The Pakistani's will definitely love to hear Obama's voice on the tv and radio as Obama's missiles strike them from UAV's over Pakistani skies.....

That's absolutely hilarious!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
The Pakistani's will definitely love to hear Obama's voice on the tv and radio as Obama's missiles strike them from UAV's over Pakistani skies.....

That's absolutely hilarious!

Oh yes ...cant forget The Drone Warrior In Chief!

Obama: Nobel Peace Prize Winner Becomes Drone Warrior-in-Chief

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The fact that the White House issued an apology for the film is stupid beyond belief to begin with. It makes our government to blame for the film which it had nothing to do with. ( supposedly) Our government taking the blame for individuals choices is insane politics.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Incredible the morons that runs this country make us the people look weak and guilty, we the people have not representation when it comes to the majority of Americans wants and wishes.

Spending money on apologies at the expenses of tax payer money that if ask if they want this they will probably tell Obama and Hillary to screw and go to hell.

And on top of that our moron and butt kissing government still gives billions of our tax payers money for briberies in those countries.

What is our moron government afraid off?.

Oh, I forgot, the corporate dictatorship is the one that is telling their moron puppet Obama and partner Hillary to go and bend over because profits and private interest comes first

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
$70K is hardly a lot of money. I don't understand people saying it's a 'waste'.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS

It most definitely is when it's coming from my and my fellow Americans' paycheck as income tax.

He can spend his own money on whatever kind of magic beans he wants.

Having said that, even the movie production itself cost less than $70,000 from the looks of it.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I would guess the "seeing" and "hearing" of Hillary and Obama may have set off more rioting and protesting than the "film" itself !!

Both of those two gems at the same time is enough to give anybody heartburn.

YouTube Caption:

The US government has spent $70,000 to buy airtime on the Pakistani airwaves in hopes of countering fervor around an anti-Islam video created by a California producer. The ad features Barack Obama, the US president, and Hillary Clinton, secretary of state, saying the government of the United States had absolutely nothing to do with the video. Running on seven networks, the department of state hopes the TV messages can reach up to 90 million Urdu-speaking viewers. Al Jazeera's Imran Khan reports.

US buys ads in Pakistan to counter anti-Islam video

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Maybe Obama should just keep his mouth shut. I don't believe th Pakistani people need to be taking moral lessons from an administration that has been drone attacking their country since 2004. Killing many innocents in the process. Could you imagine how angry you would be if your country was being drone attacked by a country thousands of miles away?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Maybe this is the plan. To stir up more animosity from the Pakistani's. It's not enough Obama and Bitch Clinton are ordering Drones to kill more innocent people. All the protests from this stupid little film will just escalate if Obama apologizes for it. Because as some of you have said above that would be like him admitting Americas guilt.

This film and the protests that have followed have been made to happen. The trouble has escalated because of CIA Provocateurs and if Obama does what he does the trouble will escalate further. Which I think is part of the original plan. Condition the Muslims before starting World War 3.......
edit on 21/9/2012 by stevcolx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS

Sure it is.

Thousands of protesters descended on the U.S. embassy in Pakistan today over an anti-Islam video causing police to fire live rounds and tear gas into the crowds, injuring 50 people. An estimated 5,000 demonstrators carrying the flags of hardline Islamist groups pelted police with stones as security forces tried to prevent them from reaching the embassy compound in Islamabad.

U.S. embassy in Pakistan besieged by 5,000 protesters as police fire bullets and tear gas in struggle to control riots

It didn't stop ANY of this, did it?

5000 raging Pakistanis say it was a waste of money also......

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join