It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: 77% of Americans don't trust politicians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Survey: 77% of Americans don't trust politicians

rinf.com

A new survey has found that 77% of Americans distrust politicians, believing they favor corporate interests over the interests of their constituents.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I think we can all safely say, and with some confidence...

The corporate / gov cross-over, interbreeding, whatever you wanna call it, has not only sunk the USA into financial ruin but most of the planet.

Goldman Sachs is just a tip of the iceberg, albeit one that gives people easily identifiable criminals... with a lot of evidence to support a legal case too - imo.

So what's the solution people?

Legal action? That's gonna be tricky...

I'm all out of ideas... your turn.

rinf.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by newsaddict

It still means 23% of Americans obviously have something very wrong with them.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
YOu know . . . the thing that amazes me more than the fact 77 percent of Americans don't trust politicians is that 23 percent actualy do!!!!!!!!!

I'm waiting for the other study that somehow says 23 percent of all Americans are somehow related to politicians.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
well I among that percentage
they all Lie,. and my guess it is most always greed drivin
however,, i would vote for Ron Paul

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
That 23% probably comes from the politicians' own families.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

And the other 23% are either lying or just oblivious.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
What I find most disturbing about this is if they don't trust them, why do they continue to vote for the same corrupt greedy politicians?

Complacency, resignation? This makes my head hurt.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Really? I can't fathom there being 23 percent of Americans that would trust Politicians. They must be including young kids in their calculations and possibly those with alzheimers.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
So, 77%, eh?

What this survey reveals to me, is that 23% of people in the survey are IDIOTS to say the least...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Probably a majority of the 77% don't trust the OTHER PARTY'S politicians. They think their own party can walk on water.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
80% of Americans do not trust surveys.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
We need to get these 77 percenters and take our country back from the greedy politicians.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

So what's the solution people?

Anyone ever heard of the Tillman Act of 1907?

Tillman Act of 1907
(From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

The Tillman Act of 1907 (34 Stat. 864) (January 26, 1907) was the first legislation in the United States prohibiting monetary contribution to national political campaigns by corporations.

Following the presidential election of 1904, charges were made against the victor, Theodore Roosevelt, regarding his acceptance of corporate contributions to his campaign. In response, Roosevelt in his annual address to Congress in 1905 called for the prohibition of such contributions:

All contributions by corporations to any political committee or for any political purpose should be forbidden by law; directors should not be permitted to use stockholders' money for such purposes; and, moreover, a prohibition of this kind would be, as far as it went, an effective method of stopping the evils aimed at in corrupt practices acts. Not only should both the National and the several State Legislatures forbid any officer of a corporation from using the money of the corporation in or about any election, but they should also forbid such use of money in connection with any legislation save by the employment of counsel in public manner for distinctly legal services.

Roosevelt repeated his call in the report to Congress for 1906, saying "I again recommend a law prohibiting all corporations from contributing to the campaign expenses of any party. Such a bill has already passed one House of Congress. Let individuals contribute as they desire; but let us prohibit in effective fashion all corporations from making contributions for any political purpose, directly or indirectly."

en.wikipedia.org...
The problem is the so called Super PACs. they are like an election committee, except they do not have to abide by the same rules. The real problem here is Attorneys at Law holding Public Office, in violation of the
Act No. 280, March 12, 1819, which was Voted, En Bloc, the "lost" Original 13 Amendment.

This Article of Amendment added an enforceable strict penalty, i.e., inability to hold office and loss of citizenship, for violations of the already existing constitutional prohibition in Article 1, Section 9, Clause 8 on titles of nobility and other conflicts of citizenship interest, such as accepting emoluments of any kind for services or favors rendered or to be rendered, and is particularly applicable today in the 21st Century as government is increasingly FOR SALE to the highest bidder, as foreign nations and multinational corporations and individuals compete to line the pockets of politicians and political parties to accommodate and purchase protection or privilege for their special interests, i.e. with honors, such as money or allowing dual-citizenships.

In terms familiar to the common man, this might quite properly be called the use of bribes and graft by individuals and powers foreign, i.e. external, to the Congress of the United States to subvert the constitutional process and suborn our political system and the interests of WE THE PEOPLE.
www.amendment-13.org...

When Lawyers sit in Public Office, they are in such a position to change, or circumvent current laws, and as many belong to a Lobby, laws can me easily overturned also. Look at how that sneaky little minion Carl Rover manipulated the law to get that Patriot Act passed, and force a war with Iraq, even though Bin Laden was a Saudi Royal.

The solution? Fire them all, and start over. No person holding license to practice law shall be able to hold public office, except a Judge, Circuit or Justice. Make the Congress and Hose, and Senate consist of common people, from all walks of life. Make the term last 4 years, and no more.
Give each a stipend, and a staff, and the use of a plane for meetings and such. Any member caught taking a bribe shall be shot at Sunrise, no exceptions. Anyone providing such a bribe shall also be shot.
When a candidate runs for POTUS, campaign funds shall come from Grass Roots sources only, and shall have 5 television spots free, and there shall be debates that include all candidates. There should be a total end to the political "party" system, the ballot should list the man or woman running, and that's it. Anyone who had 5 States behind them shall be on the ballot.

The Federal Reserve Banking Cartel, et all, shall be disbanded and have all assets seized by the Treasury Dept., as with all Central Banks bases in the US. The Treasury Dept. is the only lawful entity charged with the coining of money and the payment of America's debts. Money shall be based on precious metals at current market value, and shall never incur interest. Health Care for every American can be had by expanding Medicare and allowing a buy in.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Auto, that is a brilliant post. I am stymied at how things are allowed to "go"....

the other day I was looking at a site that explained the candidates for POTUS, even those who have since dropped out...and of the dozen or so, MOST OF THEM ARE LAWYERS.

That scares the CRAP out of me.

Your outline above is exactly what we need. It's so obvious.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I dont believe the survey. If it were true there would be a hella lotta more libertarian types out there.

My guess is those responding to the survey answered in a "I dont trust the other partys politicians" way.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

What I find amazing is that 23 percent apparently do

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I CALL BS!!!!

There is no way the number is that low!!!

Where was this survey done? I never received it to take myself.....

If everyone in America took this survey, the number would have to be in the 90% range or higher!!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

They passed that law in 1907 for a reason, how did congress change that law without a vote of the people? I think the new law is unconstitutional. I think the ones who voted to change it should be kicked out of congress and their pensions taken away.

new topics

top topics

join