It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The freedom to be rude and insulting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I hope the muslims understand they are being baited by all of this and don't fall into the trap...

Yes, I think "most" Muslims have known this for a while now.
2nd line.

edit on 20-9-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
GREAT post Muckster. I believe that this will all add up to something and eventually burst in the form of violence in the US that the police will not be able to contain, due to its massive size. It will probably start with the dwindling food supply over the next few grow seasons, then manifest into people shooting one another for essentials: food and gas mainly.

People dont forsee this and dont seem to care. They just keep on littering and insulting, kicking the homeless people while they are down, and go about their "nice" lives as the "good people".

Part of me says I cant wait till the vultures turn on each other but the other part says what about all the innocents that will be swallowed up by it. I think the people that are left are the ones who have not had their souls extracted by the Lord yet, for purpose. Some are good people here to fight for the kids and good people that are left. Most are just bodies for the sacrifice, IMO. God bless all you guys. 2x.

EDIT: bonus pic of the angels carrying the souls that have completed their penance (great trials and tribulations, as the other good souls are already up there doin their thing), while the sinners and such (people you are talking about) getting burned up by the fire (devil) and killing each other

edit on 21-9-2012 by strangedays because: (no reason given)

river for the people that die in the floods, fire for the people that die in the fire/valcano/river of fire/etc, animals eating the people on the land (animal herders) that abused them, the black dead for the ones killing each other and taken by disease, and 6 angels to rescue the last of the sinners that have repented and begged for forgiveness (notice a priest and bishop in the picture- they represent the clergy response teams)

heres the article explaining how it works for the lazy people that dont want to read the Bible and get their spiritual armor

www.christusrex.org...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Most not only know this, but come to expect it. Their anger at the West it not at some stupid film or cartoon, but is boiling over from our colonization and installation of dictators.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I'm afraid I'm with Stephen Fry on this matter entirely....

I posted the full quote because I believe to censor it will remove its power.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

The quote you have used is part of a much bigger piece from the guardian newspaper. It needs to be read in its entirety and not taken out of context and used as a weapon to prove one point. Because, if used in this manner, it could be twisted to fit any agenda.
The original quote was part of an interview in which he describes his reconsideration of blasphemy as a law and the then Governments proposal for the “incitement to religious hatred” bill, after witnessing the desecration of his great grandfather’s Jewish grave, which has been targeted by anti-semitic vandals.

Read the interview in full here...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Peace

edit on 22-9-2012 by Muckster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster

The quote you have used is part of a much bigger piece from the guardian newspaper. It needs to be read in its entirety and not taken out of context and used as a weapon to prove one point. Because, if used in this manner, it could be twisted to fit any agenda.
The original quote was part of an interview in which he describes his reconsideration of blasphemy as a law and the then Governments proposal for the “incitement to religious hatred” bill, after witnessing the desecration of his great grandfather’s Jewish grave, which has been targeted by anti-semitic vandals.

Read the interview in full here...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Peace

edit on 22-9-2012 by Muckster because: (no reason given)

Thanks, interesting read but it still reads to me exactly as it was intended if you read the paragragph before it..

"Fry refused to go as far as Hitchens in combatively denouncing the bill, but made clear he 'couldn't possibly obey a law' that allowed prosecutions of comedians or writers who caused offence."

The people who "take offence" in my opinion are the ones with the hang-ups, the people giving offence are just rude, thoughtless people.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I've started to write this post a few times now, and realized the topic is too complex for anyone to fully grasp. I see a myriad of environmental factors interacting with numerous variations of our species psychological makeup.

The picture that I get is an endless cycle of bickering, and debating.

I guess one thing I'd like to mention that seems to not have already been addressed is the influence of climate and culture. Where there is desert, there is deprivation of soul. Where there is lush, there is love.
edit on 22-9-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

It would be nice if we can all get along eventually, but I believe the anger is not just directed at the film in itself. Its once racist insult after another. Press TV headlines today announced US courts have approved a pro Israel ant Muslim ad depicting Muslims as savages in all NYC subway stations. Now is this going to make us all get along? www.presstv.ir...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This man will clear some things to you , i can see that you are confused.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Well i must say that was very one sided

Seriously, if that man thinks that the recent protest and violence, regarding the video, is simply about religion then he is obviously very naive, as well as being clearly bigoted.

Peace

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Maybe, but what i am saying is that he is at least contemplating both sides of the argument in a very serious way. And it is only by reading the full interview that we can appreciate the dilemma that he faced. Also, let’s just be clear that Stephen Fry, although clearly a master of the English language and very funny, it not the world source of all truth
He can be wrong.

The people who "take offence" in my opinion are the ones with the hang-ups, the people giving offence are just rude, thoughtless people.

We'll i have to disagree with you there. There are always areas of grey and for me and it depends on the type of offence and how that offence is used.

If you have an entire race of people, within a nation, pointing their fingers and laughing, at a minorities culture or customs, it can soon start to feel like bullying. This can be quite threatening for the minority. We've seen it before... the culture of backroom clubs with their racist comedians insulting groups and using stereotypes as the source for their comedy... this soon spreads to the streets, to schools and too work places... not long before it starts to turn to hatred and you end up with gangs of yobs looking for kids to bash because of race/religion/sexuality.

We only have to look back to the 70’s for an example. Racism was rife among the population and this was partly fuelled by comedians doing the circuits back then and an overall acceptance of racist attitudes on TV and in society generally. And it’s not just the verbal racism... often this turned to violence. I had many friends who were attacked because of their race.

To try and somehow turn the situation, so that it is those who are offended who are the problem, rather than those doing the offending, is a little warped in my opinion. That’s not to say that there are those who are ridiculously sensitive, but I believe that they are in the minority. The only people who seem to be offended, by those who get offended, are the ones who are normally doing the offending hehe
It’s a bit like the school bully complaining because the victim has told the teacher that he wants the bully to stop.

Peace

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
freedom of speech is the right to insult.
you will always get people who go over the top.
and the Goverments who use it for evil resons.

even if you bad free speach,
you will still get insults.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

It's funny how a few thousand Muslims at most protest and take it too far, then everyone generalizes that action with the almost 2 billion Muslims in the world. I heard the Colorado shooter used to go to church at a Christian church. I guess that means all Christians are psychotic killers. I also saw a guy wanted for murder in the newspaper and his wanted photo shows him with a cross necklace. He is obviously a Christian terrorist. Sound stupid? That's exactly how we label crazy people from the middle east, it must just be that they are Muslim, nothing to do with the fact that they are psycho.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CJS4life
reply to post by Muckster

It's funny how a few thousand Muslims at most protest and take it too far, then everyone generalizes that action with the almost 2 billion Muslims in the world. I heard the Colorado shooter used to go to church at a Christian church. I guess that means all Christians are psychotic killers. I also saw a guy wanted for murder in the newspaper and his wanted photo shows him with a cross necklace. He is obviously a Christian terrorist. Sound stupid? That's exactly how we label crazy people from the middle east, it must just be that they are Muslim, nothing to do with the fact that they are psycho.

You know whats funny? Ive been to several churches over the past months and they ALL follow the 2x practice and backwards stuff for RED tithing. By this I mean they will refer to a man as a woman or vice versa so that they are allowed to tell the truth when asked something. I think that when they dont do that, there is some severe spiritual penalty like their car blows up or something that they have no control over. I believe that they have all these people convinced that they have to do things backwards or tell a lie (which is contrary to the 10 commandments-thou shalt not bear false witness) which is pulling them into sin without them realizing it. I think all they have to do is live their life by Gods law, the 10 commandments and they may have to make up the dues (since they have been practicing the lying for x amount of time) but they will be fine telling the truth.

Or maybe if theyve done too much in the RED, they might not get out of it ok, depending on the size of the hole theyve dug for themselves. None the less, everyone kinda knows there are dues to pay, and thats why everyones doing whatever service to self they can to avoid it just a little longer, but its only going to end up being worse for them in the end. Its sad, they are even teaching their children to do it, and like the Bible says, young to old, everyone will face it. Its sad because they are sacrificing their children out of self based interests. I stay away from these churches, and its mostly been in caucasian churches, and thats why I always tend to advocate for African American churches. I have been to a couple African American churches that do the same thing though, as its not so much about the race as it is the individual and their relationship with God. It just seems that black people have more sense lol. Its in most forms of black music (even if its gangster rap theres usually a few nods/references to the Lord) and black artistry (poetry, film, etc).

I just think that they grow up around it, and the black community has made strong efforts to teach it to their children (as opposed to well off white people, who dont really care about God as much-not all just a much smaller percentage than minorities in general-Latinos always seem to give it up to Jesus Christo) and it stuck with them and thats why they are starting to take over-Gods giving it to them because they stayed faithful-and its funny, the old boys club at the "top" is realizing this and trying to "buy their way in" lol.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
There are ways to highlight the perceived flaws and shortcomings in a religion without intentionally offending reasonable people. Two of my formerly Muslim employees no longer profess to be be Muslims and are now attending a Christian church mainly as a result of my discussions with them about Muhammad & Islam's history. We even had a discussion about Muhammad's marriage to Aisha and her age at the time without it resulting in an argument or debate.

If someone is sincerely interested in helping another they will seek out ways to do so without resorting to insults designed to provoke rage and hate.

That being said, a gentle approach will not always result in productive and meaningful discourse. There are many who refuse to even consider for a moment the possibility that what they have always been taught might not be true. They are going to be enraged no matter what approach is used.

Rudeness and insults though rarely result in anything positive.
edit on 9/27/2012 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
I'm afraid I'm with Stephen Fry on this matter entirely....

I posted the full quote because I believe to censor it will remove its power.

So Stephen Fry is whining about other people whining, but he is rather clever so we should give him a pass. Funny how people so often fall into the trap of engaging in the very behavior they are condemning.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

You may be Godless, but by your own admission you are religious. Atheism is a religion, and I hate to tell
you this, when you make an exclusive truth claim, you immediately position yourself as superior to anyone else
on the planet. Your truth claim is impossible to prove in a tangible way and is based solely in your faith that there is no God. By your own logic, you have placed yourself in the exact same position as one whom believes in God.

Think about it.

Pax

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

If someone is sincerely interested in helping another they will seek out ways to do so without resorting to insults designed to provoke rage and hate.

Couldnt have said it better myself. Thats the problem with doing things the RED way, its a fake insult to try to pass her presence onto another, and im being told someone is keeping track, and when the switch happens, the provokers will pay somehow. Not seeing it really, but im hoping it will come soon.

Thou shalt not bear false witness

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join