It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple ready to shut down your iPhone remotely

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Think it would be fair on the governments part to allow this to happen for the security and safety of people.
it was very rude on how some random spy cam mitt romenys dinner party.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
And what will happen when someone has say a stroke and their cell phone doesn't work. Nor the persons next to them. Oh wait, how about using a pay phone? Oh yeah those are obsolete. Hey is there a land line anywhere near? You can try the restaurant down the block. I see some HUGE lawsuits in the future and the demise of Apple.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

they will do it logically, it will be like when your out of service, the app will probably not turn off your phone completely, it will probably lock it down to keep it silent and allow only emergency calls.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I can see this being used for positive things (like the movie theatre thing already mentioned ITT), however, I can also see it being abused... Protests, public occurring that someone doesn't want to see filmed/taken pics of, etc... Depending of course on how exactly they can/will implement this grid, if it's GPS-location based, I imagine they can turn off any location with the push of a button? Let's hope there's an in-between person/organization that prevents them from doing it wherever they like.

Originally posted by IPissExellents
Think it would be fair on the governments part to allow this to happen for the security and safety of people.
it was very rude on how some random spy cam mitt romenys dinner party.

But it is not rude when we are spy-cammed (is that a word?) 24/7?? 'The people' do it with their cellphones, the gov. simply installs camera's all over the place, I don't really see the difference
(okay I do, but you get the point I'm sure)

I live in a rather small town (in Europe) and even my city is filled with camera's that are being monitored, safety my behind, if they can record any average civilian for "security reasons", people should film the potential next president for security reasons too. You don't think he'll tell you everything he plans/thinks/... when he knows a camera is being pointed at his face, right??

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by Legion2024
lol simple don't buy a iphone. Problem solved better still don't buy a mobile at all and you will be free of it all.

Never have had one and never will.

I never wanted one, still dont want one, but children and grandchildren insist I "Need" one

People become a slave to the darn things.

Some people do, but not all of us!!

I'm 24 and where it's expected of me to have an iPhone/Blackberry/*insert other "smartphone"*, I have a 10$ samsung phone that I can call and send texts with and that's it. Most people (of my age) think I'm weird for it, because "how do you go on facebook when you're not at home!?"
Always cracks me up, because somehow it almost sounds like a crack-junk asking someone "where's your spoon??", as if everyone shares this addiction and is supposed to, yuk...

I have to admit though, when I was younger I DID have an iPhone, it was handy at times, but most often it was nothing but a waste of time that you can carry along with you everywhere you go... So I got rid of it. To be honest, I was actually quite tech-savvy in my teenage years, glad I started to THINK about the actual need for it all, and decided it was not worth the money, the frustration, etc.

Now? I carry a good old fashioned book and/or a sketchbook/notebook around, they don't need recharging either

edit on 21/9/12 by ThisIsNotReality because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join