Apple ready to shut down your iPhone remotely

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Apple ready to shut down your iPhone remotely

www.youtube.com

This week, technology giant Apple was granted a patent that could shutdown your cell phone in what is being called "sensitive areas." The application has the ability to disable noise and/or light emanating from wireless devices and can force personal devices to enter into a "sleep mode" state. What does this mean for the First Amendment in America? RT's Kristine Frazao has more.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This is real and coming soon to an iPhone near you! The problem with power is it can be abused and the ability to to effectively shut down cells phones in today's age is huge! Just look at the various incidents of fraud Ron Paul faced or the scripted events at both the RNC and DNC, without cells phones none of that would have come to light. On one hand I disagree wholeheartedly with this ability to shut down any iPhone remotely but on another I completely agree with it. As far as the Gov't goes they should be as transparent as possible but this application should be used in all schools in the USA. Ask any teacher about the headache that is the cell phone in the classroom

Like I said, this is coming whether we like it or not so when the Gov't tries to use it for their own means we the people better speak up.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
im shure i seen on the news here in the uk a wile ago that they have somthing like that,that restricts the phones so people cant record or take pics

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

The UK you say? Oh I wouldn't doubt that for a minute

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
First use, MOVIE theaters, I would love that, enter a theater and your phone goes to silent.

Although, there could be negative uses for this, I could imagine hackers being able to access this feature at some point.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
lol simple don't buy a iphone. Problem solved better still don't buy a mobile at all and you will be free of it all.

Never have had one and never will.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2024
lol simple don't buy a iphone. Problem solved better still don't buy a mobile at all and you will be free of it all.

Never have had one and never will.

I never wanted one, still dont want one, but children and grandchildren insist I "Need" one

People become a slave to the darn things.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Yeah man, I agree with movie theaters and playhouses too

I hadn't thought of hackers but you're right, they can and will be able to hack this I'm sure. Let's say the Gov't goes full steam ahead with this ability and creates a way to effectively shut down any part of the USA or the entire USA at once at anytime they want. That's bad enough, but then imagine Chinese hackers break in and shut down all communications in the USA. Scary reality huh? Now imagine if these Chinese hackers were working with their Gov't and shortly after an invasion began?

Ugh... technology can work for us and against us.

Never forget
edit on 19-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2024

You're absolutely right, if there's another reason to not buy an iPhone this is it. I imagine all the major cell phone companies will also follow the lead of Apple and have this ability on their phones as well. So soon I think the decision will be to have a smart phone or to not have a smart phone.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Aaaahh, you'll be able to take a totally unfilmed police beating now. Maybe they'll be caught on the police cctv cameras instead.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
use android root it problem solved as once rooted can remove all the bloatware and spyware

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowlord

Hack the phone yourself? I like it!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
For me they are not smart phones they are dumb phones, 99% of the time while on the road i have my wife with me and where we live its illegal to drive and talk on the phone, so my wife take a pic of the offender, a pic of the license plate and then email the pic numberplate the pic of the offender, location of where the dumb phone user is driving on the phone to the police.

I do hope the offenders are fined, making them very expensive phone calls.

It is simple do not put my family at risk with your attention being on the dumb phones.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Legion2024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowlord

I feel like some of that stuff could be integrated into the hardware itself, no? At the very least your cellular service can be cut off or tracked at any time, no matter your carrier. (assuming your battery is in and has some charge)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2024

Are you taking the photos while driving? Or is your wife driving?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

my wife if i am driving and my self if she is driving. and its a camera not a phone.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
all the more reason to actually WANT someone to EMP the world..
Ugggg
We are becoming slaves to the technology that already enslaves us
First they make it so we cant even leave the house without feeling safe in the world if we dont have our phone,, then they really start pulling the strings and make us dance however They want.. Its time to disconnect

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
What about when you have mass killings in schools or theaters ?
No cell coverage would give the killers longer to murder people

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I definitely agree with the idea that technology is enslaving us, or better yet, we are allowing it to enslave us. Smart phones only help that enslavement. So we either need to take responsibility for ourselves and learn to be addicted or let's hope the Sun sends out some X class flares our way

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Portable Cell Phone Signal Blockers already exist, check Here

Disrupts signals from GSM, CDMA, DCS, PHS and 3G networks.
Maintains silence by preventing phone calls from getting through.
Suitable for use in cinemas, libraries, lecture halls, reading rooms, religious ceremonies, cathedrals, ICUs, operating theaters, etc.

The only problem with these is that they only cover 3 meters, and anything that covers a larger area may be illegal in the country you reside in. Last thing you want to do is endanger someone's life because their phone was disabled in an emergency and they panicked.This Wiki page lists some of these countries.
edit on 19-9-2012 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join