It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chef 'Slow Cooked' Wife's Body for Days: Cops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Chef 'Slow Cooked' Wife's Body for Days: Cops

www.newser.com

– Investigators say a southern California chef has confessed he "slow cooked" his wife's body for days in 2009, then disposed of the remains. "For some reason I just got violent,"

"I just slowly cooked it, and I ended up cooking her for four days," Viens said in a taped police interview played for the jury. He mixed what remained with other waste and dumped it, reports the Los Angeles Times. Viens has pleaded not guilty; Dawn's body was never found.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
latimesblogs.latimes.com

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
My reasons for posting this is not for sensation - but to ask a question:

Is this the 'rage' now? Is this what we've turned into as 'people'? The 'Zombie' menu of the day?

Or - is it due to the internet we're hearing more of these ghastly incidents?

Or worse yet? Is this a diversion. MSM and TPTB trying to hit us from every angle to blind us to what's really going on?

Or all of the above?

www.newser.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
More (or less) interesting yet?

Viens has pleaded not guilty to killing his wife, whose body was never found. After Viens learned investigators suspected he had killed her, he jumped off the cliff -- feet first, hands extended over his head -- in Rancho Palos Verdes. That's how he ended up in the hospital, so severely injured that he is attending his murder trial in a wheelchair.

LA NOW

Wait? The body of his wife has never been found despite her husband, the chef, giving 'details' where the skull was deposited?

David Viens' wife, Dawn Viens, disappeared in October 2009. In March 2011, David Viens told sheriff's investigators why they hadn't been able to find the body of his wife, who'd been missing for nearly a year and half.

So, why is this story just coming out now? Why did the 'killer' basically turn himself in? And with no body and only on his own word why is he being indited? For all the police really know - he's a nutball and she's on the run. There is NO body remember?

Something is way wrong here.

This is sounding fishy - sensationalist - and like another smoke bomb to keep us from focusing on what's really going on in the world.

Sure, blame me for passing it on - but honestly? I think there's more to this story that what the (purported) 'killer chef husband' is giving up.

Also, didn't I hear somewhere a new Hannibal (Silence of the Lambs) movie - or T.V series is coming out soon?

Yeah, like I said, something here smells fishy - or is terribly packed full of coincidence - right along with a nice bottle of Chianti.

peace
edit on 19-9-2012 by silo13 because: little more info

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Smethings fishy alright and it isnt the 4 day old soup,
I think people are just getting creative and there has been a lot of cooking shows on the box lately.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
That's just #ed up

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think the question is, would you try it?

I would, i hear it taste like pork

but in all seriousness, possibly the zombie Revelation apoco

Could be, but TPTB may have more spices in this pot roast

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think it is..."all of the above"...unfortunately...and doesn't it make you wonder...who exactly is my partner...do I really know (him or her)? I live in Seattle...and a man that had been married for 40 plus years...was a good neighbor and professed to love his wife...and in public they seemed happy...went berserk one night and killed her.

It seems to me...it is very hard to know; who you can trust.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
We are seeing more of the deadly and atrocious acts now than ever before. But the internet and worldwide news feeds are also allowing us to see more of them than ever before as well.

I remember when I was very young it was almost unheard of for a young child to be abducted, sexually assaulted and killed. Then came a few cases like the Anton - Schussler (sp) murders, the Leopold and Loeb trial for kidnapping and killing a young boy just to see what it felt like. and then it got worse as more and more such cases got reported every year. Now it is difficult to go a whole week without hearing of one.

Then we have the first reported case of a woman who was desperate for a child of her own to have cut the near full term baby from an acquaintance's womb. It wasn't long until there were more of them.

I also remember the time before violent and deadly carjackings happened. Then the news reported a case or two and the thugs found a new way to get a car for a crime or a joy ride without having to hot wire it.

I also remember a time not so long ago that the average westerner barely knew what Islam was. Now we see escalating violence by them all the time.

So to sum it up, yes, sadly all of the above.
edit on 19-9-2012 by happykat39 because: serious typo

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Aww come on I'm serious!

The body is never found.

This is an 'old' story that's just coming out 'now'? (Conveniently)?

He cooked her and deposited her bones - that cannot be found - even though he told investigators where her skull is?

He tried to kill himself.

He's being indited on his word alone - no body has been found and there's no mention in the article(s) the judge ordered any physiological testing?

The timing of this being released is just sooo way too convenient.

What in the hell is going on here!

peace

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I live in Seattle...and a man that had been married for 40 plus years...was a good neighbor and professed to love his wife...and in public they seemed happy...went berserk one night and killed her.

How recently? I have to ask of course.
Beyond that? You're oh so correct. We never really know the 'other people' in our life. But that being said? And even though I agree with you and thank you for your input?

WHY NOW?

peace

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

All of the above - yep. And I got shivers reading your post - I too remember each and every instance you listed.

So, not only is it the 'snowball' effect all this information rolling downhill at an astronomical speed - and right into our homes/computers? But...dare I say some of these atrocities are...catchy? Talk about one heck of a computer 'virus'...

OUCH.

peace

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
How do you plead not guilty after confessing the murder? Is that even possible? Did I read that right or is he on trial for a different charge?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I live in Seattle...and a man that had been married for 40 plus years...was a good neighbor and professed to love his wife...and in public they seemed happy...went berserk one night and killed her.

How recently? I have to ask of course.
Beyond that? You're oh so correct. We never really know the 'other people' in our life. But that being said? And even though I agree with you and thank you for your input?

WHY NOW?

peace

The killing happened within this last year. (why now?) do you mean why do I think so many people are going berserk this year?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Yes, why is it just being released now? This weird and incomplete story?

It's like the part about how when he 'jumped off the cliff hands raised over his head and feet first'. What's the all about? Why add that info? Who was there to see him or did this info come from him?

Too weird.

It screams DISTRACTION - or - adding to recent 'flesh eating' paranoia - or worse - a hit for this new Hannibal movie/series soon to be released. (That I still have to research)...

I mean, didn't Yahoo just have an article a couple days ago about a big name Chef who was a technical adviser to the new movie/series giving his input on what goes good with human meat? (I've got to go get that link to)!!!

peace

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
First, he didn't even get to taste his meal that took so long to cook!

Second, he can't even off himself correctly

/psycho

Pretty messed up. I'm wondering if there was anything in particular that triggered this event

It's just nuts that people are going primal without having a single damned reason....

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Ok here it is -see what I mean! Oh please - don't tell me the press is being manipulated to release old stories with new outcomes to get the public even more interested in THIS?

Hannibal Lecter the TV Series?

Source: Hannibal Lecter TV Series in Development, Coming Soon, Sept, 12, 2011

It doesn't say anything about the big name Chef I was talking about before but I'm not going to give this story any more plugs than it's got.

peace
edit on 19-9-2012 by silo13 because: typo

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well we have studies which try to prove creativity is dropping in the US. Aren't like a third of the hits in the movies these days reruns that are almost always worse than the original? I'm not sure...lost interest in much of anything outside of docu's and independent/foreign films long, long ago.

The "zombie" meme has been around for a long time now. It's growing each year. I always thought of it as an unconscious expression of our inner selves. We've become zombified, and need to know this is okay...hence the glorification of dark, spooky garbage.

These shows are trash, and act as a means to justify our crummy standstill existence. If we are not progressing...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Ok, now I'm getting mad. Here goes:

YAHOO: HANNIBAL: Chef Jose Andres Becomes “Culinary Consultant” September 11, 2012

Normally there would be nothing too unsettling to hear that chef Jose Andres has been hired as a culinary consultant, but when you realize it’s for NBC’s upcoming Hannibal, and that the title character has a penchant for human flesh – well, it brings with it something far more chilling

Ok, so, maybe it's a coincidence? Maybe it's MSM manipulation?

Again, something is fishy. And it isn't fish.

peace

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I think the question is, would you try it?

I would, i hear it taste like pork

but in all seriousness, possibly the zombie Revelation apoco

Could be, but TPTB may have more spices in this pot roast

Your are very right and that is why people cooked as food has a name like Long Pig! Long Pig Now my question is simple this nutter is a a chef ergo did he serve any of his wife to the client-el before deposing of the remains?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

What do you mean, "coincidence"

They hired him because he slow cooked his wife.

How is that not fitting? It will certainly do something for the shows opening ratings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join