It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Japanese plants, stores close in China amid rising anger

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by sonnny1

Taiwan has, last I checked, one of the more modern militaries in the world. Their own stuff, and the stuff the U.S. and other countries sell 'em. None of it's second rate...

China would be biting into a big ol' peach pit there, I think. They might win, but it would be Pyrrhic, at best.

You are probably right.

One huge cluster, actually. Then you have "opportunistic" Russia, who I believe would sell their own mother, to play the nationalistic pride card, and take a bit for themselves.

Question.

Do you think that China and Russia, have a secret pact?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Russia, and China...

The sixties worst nightmare revisited...

They'll try to make it sound that way...because whether they like it or not, the U.S. is still the big dog, and is magnitudes bigger now then in the sixties. They'll talk a good fight, but when it comes down to it, no, neither has the balls to do anything other than growl.

Economically. Militarily. The U.S. dwarfs both. The debt, while embarrassing, means nothing should the U.S. be pushed to the brink with China. Russia is still staggering under the stupidities of a half century of Stalinist idiocy. China is beginning to fray at the edges with unrest in western (islamic) provinces, and the young generation of the Eastern provinces asking "What's there for us?".

With their own houses in such disarray, they haven't the time to really pick a fight that goes to the wall with the U.S. Two somewhat unstable political entities going up against one that is, despite our in house bickering, very stable is a losing proposition.

MHO, of course.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Well, I do know both of those Countries have learned, with experience, on how to control their own Countries with an Iron Fist. At any time, I believe they can just turn EVERYTHING off internally, and close their borders, and go right back into that 40's-60's mentality. Even though the old guard, might not have the powers, they once had, I believe the rule book, on how to do it, is and always, opened up, to page one. If they believe, their power is slipping, or believe the time is right, I could see it happening. MHO

Thanks for the banter Seagull.............Appreciate it, and love talking about China, and the what-ifs.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Anytime, sir. Anytime.

Just remember this about tyranny. The tighter you try to grip something, the chances increase that it'll slip out of your grasp...

Princess Leia taught me that.

Yes, I'm a geek.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join