It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A "conversation" with a typical Mitt Romney supporter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I truly hope that an asteroid is heading for this planet at unprecedented speeds.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by yadda333

That being said, what kind of men go out and harass women like that? A real man (yes, very retro as far as gender roles are concerned) should have stepped up and told those dudes to get lost.

Members of the Ron Paul cult who think they can solve the worlds problem with anarcho capitalism

So all RP supporters support all out anarchy Mad Max style? There is more than one type of libertarian and I would bet that most would side with the minarcho-libertarian train of through.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Romney supports the troops lol. Guess that is why they were never mentioned during the GOP convention. He should have asked her if Romney supports the constitution then why did he cut and run to France during Nam?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Study: Only 15 Percent Of Democrats Believe Economic News Is Bad
washington.cbslocal.com...

New data found that just 15 percent of Democrats believe that recent economic news is mostly poor, a percentage that took a significant drop from the 31 percent of Democrats polled last month who did think that economic news was mostly bad

Delusional, lobotomized, MSM kool aid or what?

I think you owe the Reps an apology for the smear job.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
What I don't understand about O'bama/Romney voters is that you can show them what their candidate's legislation has done to our Country in the past (i.e. Romney's health care plan in MA, O'bama's Dec. 31st signature of the NDAA) and they still don't want to hear it -OR- they say it was good for the country without knowing/showing any statistics, facts, or blowback of their candidate's actions, retrospectively.

"I'm voting for Romney/O'bama and he's the best because I say so and even if you show me things that my candidate has done in the past, I still believe they are the right man for the job because I will not admit that I AM WRONG IN FRONT OF YOU." Is that wrong to say?

So, I reach out to you, O'bama/Romney supporters. How is your candidate better/more American than Ron Paul?

As a Veteran that swore an Oath, is that wrong to ask? Just trying to understand the reasoning behind your choice of candidate...

Lima-1, out.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

reply to post by yadda333

That being said, what kind of men go out and harass women like that? A real man (yes, very retro as far as gender roles are concerned) should have stepped up and told those dudes to get lost.

Members of the Ron Paul cult who think they can solve the worlds problem with anarcho capitalism

I don't believe I've ever seen your solution.

Currently the world's largest 'problem' is central banking, does anarcho-capitalism fix that? to put it simply...yes.

Not all Ron Paul supporters are 'cultists' and not all Ron Paul supporters are anarcho-capitalists.

edit on 20-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
This is proof that democracy is flawed.
If 80% of people are stupid than the other 20% has to pay for their stupidity.

No wonder they want to dumb everything and everyone down.
She is a perfect example of this.

Which is why the US was never meant to be a "democracy" and is supposed to be a "Republic".

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteSpectralMirror

If you are not an anarchist, you're not a libertarian. Use a different word and stop hi-jacking it.

Minarchisrt = Statist

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can't be a statist and a libertarian at the same time.

edit on 20-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Currently the world's largest 'problem' is central banking, does anarcho-capitalism fix that? to put it simply...yes.

No it doesn't, it wouldn't be long before a bank had a monopoly on the market in an anarcho-capitlaist system. They could just murder all of their competition and people would be forced to go to them. It wouldn't be "central banking" but it'd be another monster on its own.

Not all Ron Paul supporters are 'cultists' and not all Ron Paul supporters are anarcho-capitalists.

99% of Rp supporters are. And I know not all of them are anarcho-capitalists, but the people in the video are, it is Adam Kokesh.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

No it doesn't, it wouldn't be long before a bank had a monopoly on the market in an anarcho-capitlaist system.

You're talking about a bank that operates in the private sector, I am talking about a government backed centralized banking institution.

Last I checked, government had to bail out the 'too big to fails'.

In an anarcho-capitalist society, there are no bailouts, there are also no central banking institutions and no government to keep it in power.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I know, I wasn't finished read my edited reply.

In an anarcho-capitalist society, there are no bailouts, there are also no central banking institutions and no government to keep it in power.

You don't need a government to keep a bank in power. All it takes is violent force, kill off all of the competition. Then you're the only bank, and people are forced to come to your bank. Bribe all the business owners in the area or threaten them to only accept your currency.

Government is made up of people, why do you think it does awful things? Without the government, the people still exist, and they would live in your anarcho~capitalist utopia, doing awful things.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I hope you don't honestly think that just because someone does not share you're point of view, that they are anarchist. Am I to assume that because you are a dem/lib that you support all things Obama or any candidate
of your choosing's views?

Really judge a book by its cover.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
A conversation with typical Obama supporter -

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I don't support Romney at all, but as soon as I read the title I knew it was going to be some idiot in a youtube video.

Congratulations, you found someone who drank a 32 ounce cup full of GOP kool-aid.

Romney is a turd, and so is Obama.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

She starts with the fear mongering talking point "DO YOU WANNA GET NUKED? DO YOU WANT THE TALIBAN IN THE STREETS OF AMERICA?

I noticed that too,talk about living in a fear based society!

She watches too much tv.

edit on 19-9-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

Ohh man, I was going to keep with my no politics vow for the sake of my uncontrollable blood pressure this week.. but I HAD to read Realspokes thread ( cause even though I definitely dont agree with him 100% of the time I do really like the kid..err.. nice young man Id adopt in a heartbeat
I actually sincerely do.. ) and then you go and bust out with the Boogeyman thing. I swear, I thought I was the only brownish red wanna be redneck who knew who that fool was... and miss watching him greatly. I can imitate his voice perfectly.. but much higher pitched.. used to make my oldest laugh a few yrs ago when I did it. Can I mention I can do Cartman too and rant about hippies??

Oh yeah yeah.. erm.. on topic : ANYONE who sells their soul ( and abandons all reason) to support one of these boobs and carry their sign deserves whatever ridicule they get. Id think at some point in a rational adult's life they would see they are all the same kind of scum regardless of what animal they worship.. donkey or elephant. I Worship the Hyena ..so Im extra super cool and way way above all of that.. anarcho-capitalist tribal-communist...and I only laugh out loud when I sense prey.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I know, I wasn't finished read my edited reply.

You don't need a government to keep a bank in power. All it takes is violent force, kill off all of the competition. Then you're the only bank, and people are forced to come to your bank. Bribe all the business owners in the area or threaten them to only accept your currency.

Government is made up of people, why do you think it does awful things? Without the government, the people still exist, and they would live in your anarcho~capitalist utopia, doing awful things.

If you're going to continue to argue that a bureaucratic approach is more sustainable than a private/free market approach, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

The situation we're currently in is a disgustingly perfect example of a failed government/empire that revolves around a centralized bank.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SpotlessMind

What are you even talking about? Where did I say that because I don't support the point of view that means they are anarchist?

The word libertarian means anarchist, you cannot claim to be one if you are not. Most people that try to call themselves libertarians on the right wing are nothing but extreme fiscal conservatives with some socially liberal views.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Who makes up the government? People!

Who would make up a free market society? People!

The government isn't a living entity, people within the government tell it what to do.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Hey realspoke, it seems my brother who is staying with me at the time did not log onto his account like he thought
. I haven't read more than the first 2 pages yet. Sorry for the confusion. Ill try and give you a good reply.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

reply to post by SpotlessMind

What are you even talking about? Where did I say that because I don't support the point of view that means they are anarchist?

The word libertarian means anarchist
, you cannot claim to be one if you are not. Most people that try to call themselves libertarians on the right wing are nothing but extreme fiscal conservatives with some socially liberal views.

lib·er·tar·i·an (lbr-târ-n)
n.
1. One who advocates maximizing individual rights and minimizing the role of the state.
2. One who believes in free will.

really now who told you that? maybe your right but i cant seem to find that meaning anywhere for libertarian! so if you could please indulge us with your expertize on how libertarian actually means anarchist without some convoluted roundabout way of looking at his policies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join