It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is after money?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
To: DaesDaemar

The society you are describing is one I dream for, for not only myself but for my children too... for everyone.

Btw, I believe we should take care of the elderly. Respect.
edit on 19-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I'd start a trade system, BUT everything would be of the same value. I have two cars and you need one and you have the need for some food or writing stuff or books or a roof; we'd trade if I were able to procure what you needed. The idea of 'value' and 'worth' would be non existent. It'd rely more on helping each other than doing it to 'gain', though gaining would be part of it, but not as we see it today. It'd ensure that people would never do without and no one would be worth more than the next due to what they have.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
What is money? It is a medium of exchange that also represents a measure and store of value. The "dollar" is derived from the thaler which when pronounced germanically as a hard T and not TH sounds like T-holler which became Dollar. The next currency (by design btw) will be both digital and nominally (like a reserve requirement) backed by gold and/or precious metals and a basket of currencies (thus making convertibility impractical). It could be called either the GolDollar or DigiTaler. (You heard it here first.)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RABiam

I wasn't aware that electricity was free and not man made. Call it what you want but bills backed by a promise is money. Be it rocks, sea shells, coins, credit or dollars it's all the same thing.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

A BTU is a form of measurement.
Thats like saying inches or scovilles will replace currency.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Hail, once again Brother. You and Yours helped Me and Mine immensely. It is the Hope of this One that was Once one then Two, Then three and is once again three in Two. For this I thank you. With this said I do apologize for any trespass Ours and Yours may Have caused. We'll see Once the two Meet on the Morn.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
There is some talk of "carbon credits" being adopted to replace the dollar (any fiat currency) also. Time will tell.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join