It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Mag to Publish Cartoons of Prophet Mohammed on Sept. 19th.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Why cant Mr Muhammed be more like Mr. Rogers? Maybe then people would act a lot nicer about him and stop talkin smack to make over sensitive people mad....

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
If they want freedom of religion.. they need to appreciate freedom of speech!

edit on 18-9-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

They do not want freedom of religion. They want everyone to be like them brainwashed to their dualistic dogmatic view of god. I love god but I could care less about human created conditioning (religons) about how people should act towards god since the conditioning is more of a hinderence for god and a soul to connect.

If a realtionship is symbiotic then why should other people have any right to tell you how your relationship should be to god.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

What a pile of horsecrap.. You wish it was that way! In France muslims are still a minority, the french have nothing to fear from muslim/arabic men.
Give me a break...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

edit on 19-9-2012 by hesse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Does this remind anybody of a South Park episode?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I find appalling that this magazine made a record selling because of these pictures. French people have lost their good sense? Really, nobody thought about boycotting them? These publishers and satirists put their own people at risk, real risk, and they get their own congrats with this. Amazing how the world teaches peace and comprehension but is eager for war and conflict of every kind.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
Does this remind anybody of a South Park episode?

I said that in the other thread last week sometime.

I remember everyone drawing pictures of Mohammed in solidarity with Matt and Trey.... I think it was on facebook or something.

I'm not too fussed about all this uproar... I don't think most Muslims give a crap about the Cartoons or Movie... most PEOPLE don't care.... only those with an agenda usually have something fierce and loud to say
All these people screaming about how evil Islam and Muslims are....they have an agenda... the Crazy Fanatics screaming and burning schools and embassies... they have an agenda.

Most "normal" people just sit here and shake their heads.

I'm not religious and I think that ANYTHING is and should be allowed to be made fun of and used in humour.
I may not agree, may not find it in good taste, but that's my right not to like it or view it... I would not tell people not to joke about it though.

People cannot be dictated to by crazy, fanatical idiots... be they Christians, Muslims, Jews, Scientists, Atheists, Fat people or whatever.

Just because any of the above don't like cartoons or video clips mocking them... doesn't mean that people shouldn't be allowed to make said cartoons or video clips.

Anyway, I'm just rambling...

*sigh*

What a world we live in, eh?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'll have to download those cartoons. Man i like cartoons. I got some from Finland and Denmark when they did theirs, now those cartoonists get death threats.

Some people don't have a sense of humor.
edit on 19-9-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I think many middle eastern folks are being falsely portrayed. I hope many realize that the perceived 'tensions' are probably between only a few of the radicals in the various countries on all sides...

I'm willing to guarantee the majority of citizens just want to chill out.

You know it's true.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Man I'm thankful for free speech. Thinking about the best way to use my voice, I've decided to wander into the mountains, find a grizzly bear, and scream at it as loud as I can.
edit on 9/19/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

perhaps they published it based on having values of not backing down to a subspecies of human that thinks they should blow a bunch of stuff up over a cartoon.

and no i'm not referring to muslims of a subspecies of human, i'm referring the group of people that feels the need to blow people up over cartoons... in this instance it happens to be islam extremists

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloro
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I think many middle eastern folks are being falsely portrayed. I hope many realize that the perceived 'tensions' are probably between only a few of the radicals in the various countries on all sides...

I'm willing to guarantee the majority of citizens just want to chill out.

You know it's true.

Actually you reminded me of this:

There were a few cases of muslim who called Muhammad a liar, theyre all dead now, made examples of. Islam is a gang mentality, once you're in the only way out is death. Unfortunately for them children born of a muslim father do not get a choice for their path in life, theyre automatically in the gang at birth.
edit on 19-9-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
Given the current climate, this would be seen as antagonistic.

They should at least wait a week or so

I cannot agree with you. The trouble is that these incidents are too far apart. Just imagine if dozens, hundreds heck even thousands or millions of these articles all came out together. Would the slimey radicals issue fatwas against millions? It might show them that their heavy handed mental attitudes are actually the fuel NOT the satire. Once people give in to these radical dummy spitters, then it will encourage them to spit their bad breath dummies over more and more ideas and eventually, because of cowardly yellow belly people who give in, the radicals will rule with their mongrel, violent, dogma

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallintheegg

If only people could be more mature and things like this wouldn't be a problem. Every other religion and sect is attacked so no one should be treated specially. Muhammud isn't even that cool.. Im not a Christian, but Jesus seems so much better, yet you dont see all the Christians peeing their pants whenever someone has an upside-down crucifix or Jesus jokes.

Attack on Saint Michel theater, Paris On October 22, 1988, a French Christian fundamentalist group launched Molotov cocktails inside the Parisian Saint Michel movie theater while it was showing the film. This attack injured thirteen people, four of whom were severely burned.[8][9] The Saint Michel theater was heavily damaged,[9] and reopened 3 years later after restoration. Following the attack, a representative of the film's distributor, United International Pictures, said, "The opponents of the film have largely won. They have massacred the film's success, and they have scared the public." Jack Lang, France's Minister of Culture, went to the St.-Michel theater after the fire, and said, "Freedom of speech is threatened, and we must not be intimidated by such acts."[9] The Archbishop of Paris, Jean-Marie Cardinal Lustiger, said "One doesn't have the right to shock the sensibilities of millions of people for whom Jesus is more important than their father or mother."[9] After the fire he condemned the attack, saying, "You don't behave as Christians but as enemies of Christ. From the Christian point of view, one doesn't defend Christ with arms. Christ himself forbade it."[9] The leader of Christian Solidarity, a Roman Catholic group that had promised to stop the film from being shown, said, "We will not hesitate to go to prison if it is necessary."[9] The attack was subsequently blamed on a Christian fundamentalist group linked to Bernard Antony, a representative of the far-right Front National to the European Parliament in Strasbourg, and the excommunicated followers of Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre.[8] Lefebvre had been excommunicated from the Catholic Church on July 2, 1988. Similar attacks against theatres included graffiti, setting off tear-gas canisters and stink bombs, and assaulting filmgoers.[8] At least nine people believed to be members of the Catholic fundamentalist group were arrested.[8] Rene Remond, a historian, said of the Catholic far-right, "It is the toughest component of the National Front and it is motivated more by religion than by politics. It has a coherent political philosophy that has not changed for 200 years: it is the rejection of the revolution, of the republic and of modernism."[8]
en.wikipedia.org...

Avignon's Lambert Collection Museum of Contemporary Art re-opened its doors on Tuesday for the first time since a vandal attacked Andres Serrano's controversial work — a photo of a plastic crucifix submerged in his urine — on display at the southern French art venue on Sunday.
www.cbc.ca...

(AP) MANILA, Philippines - Christian young people in the Philippines protested Saturday against upcoming concerts by Lady Gaga despite organizers' assurances that her performances would not threaten morality.
About 200 Christian youths marched in Manila for a second straight day, holding placards urging the pop singer to "respect our faith, stop the blasphemy."
www.cbsnews.com...

Anglican church in the UK: Reuters reported that Harry Potter "has been banished from one English school because his magical powers go against the teachings of the Bible. The head teacher of St Mary's Island Church of England school in Chatham, Kent says the tales of wizardly adventures do not conform with her school's 'church ethos'." 15,16 In a letter to parents, principal Carol Rookwood wrote: "I believe it is confusing to children when something wicked is being made to look fun."
www.religioustolerance.org...

Members of Westboro Baptist Church protested outside Arlington National Cemetery Monday where Navy Seal Lt. Brendan J. Looney, 29, of Owings, was being buried. Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kan., is run by Pastor Fred W. Phelps Sr., who says the deaths of American soldiers are punishment for the nation's tolerance of homosexuality.
voices.washingtonpost.com...

just sayin'

:-)
edit on 9/19/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/19/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

This is an interesting topic, i must look more into it as soon as i return home to my computer.

Marking this now to remind me later

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

What if they asked nicely?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
never mind, she's not worth it.

Here are the first two pics from the French Mag. I want to see the others though that are inside the issue.

edit on 19-9-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: correction

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

Well all the muslims I asked about this where pretty mad. They think nobody on the planet should be able to make a satire cartoon about muhammad.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT3

Originally posted by mideast
reply to post by Pervius

France is a ticking social time bomb and I feel sad for all the French men.....when they go on a killing rampage I for one will understand exactly WHY.

I know that French is putting too much pressure on Muslims.

But Islam is what people want inside.

Islam is not allowing cheating , seducing , raping and open sexual relationship.

That is what humans like inside.

You call it a bomb and I call it lost peace of my soul

Speak for yourself buddy.

Last think I want is Islam inside!

I think my wife will agree too

I speak for myself , and I don't restrict your freedom buddy

You can cheat , seduce or rape any time you want

And the consequence is only yours

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT3

reply to post by Pervius

France is a ticking social time bomb and I feel sad for all the French men.....when they go on a killing rampage I for one will understand exactly WHY.

I know that French is putting too much pressure on Muslims.

But Islam is what people want inside.

Islam is not allowing cheating , seducing , raping and open sexual relationship.

That is what humans like inside.

You call it a bomb and I call it lost peace of my soul

Speak for yourself buddy.

Last think I want is Islam inside!

I think my wife will agree too

I speak for myself , and I don't restrict your freedom buddy

You can cheat , seduce or rape any time you want

And the consequence is only yours
so, this is an example of bigotry, eh ??
good to know that at least you are consistent.

i wouldn't welcome Islam in my soul if it was the only religion on the planet.
surprisingly, i've no interest in cheating, raping, lying, stealing, killing or maiming anyone, ever.

didn't and don't need Islam to understand the basics

sad that anyone thinks they do.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join