It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need to get this off my chest, it's time to act.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
your problem is they, there is no they, there are people.

some of them are a**holes, some of them pieces of manure and human filth.

some of them are evil, and don't deserve to even breathe air.

they'll all be held accountable, but that starts with each individual to hold them into account and not to rely on someone else to do it for you.

especially when those people rely on them for a paycheck to feed, clothes and shelter themselves.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
True change always comes from within...

Great thread and well said. I hear you frustration and your anger. It is hard when you have woken up to the reality of where and how we live. I posted the quote from Morpheus in another thread but I think it belongs here more…

The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it. ~Morpheus

I liked the planting seeds idea as anger will only get you more anger back. An approach I like to take is to have someone do a self analysis. A good long look at themselves (not with guilt like recycling) but what things they do not really need and how to become independent and self-reliant. Or about how both political parties have one agenda and that agenda (unless they are really rich) has nothing to do with them.

I will keep planting seeds as well in hopes that we can change! but I believe the only real way to change people (if they will not change themselves) is a motivation by fear…and unfortunately it may take something catastrophic for everyone to completely change.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
i feel ya on the no love part! I used to post stuff all the time on facebook i have a couple friends that are awake and they like to discuss these things, but most people wouldn't even take the time to look into it at all. Funny thing is if i were to post a story about celebrities people were all over it. Either you will connect with someone and show them the light or they will just think you are nuts, and you get to watch them pull the cover over their head. I have since stopped using facebook at all.

I have had it go in the oposite direction as well though where people freak out thinking the world was going to end, just like everything else in life people need to find a balance. I have given up on people really, They think they are so smart but honestly don't have a clue. nice post sorry for my random un-organized rambling

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Good to see that unlike most ... you see through the propaganda that the majority there blindly believe and follow... and yes you will catch hell for it at times from the mindless masses... dont let it get you down thats the standard reaction to anything thats outside their realm of comprehension and complacency... just remember... Question Authority.. never blindly accept what your told...
well written post.. s&f

maybe there is hope yet for the world ...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
My old boss is in town with my brother and he is extremeley conservative and thinks that everthing on mainstream media is 100% truth and that they would never ever lie to the public. We ended up talking about the usual subjects we read about here on ATS and even though he was not looking at me and kind of smirking to my comments he was still listening. At one point in the conversastion it was almost as if his ears perked up like a animal that just heard a noise...

The first gear in his head turned.

I have since sent him a few videos and without forcing my opinion on him I presented him with just enough information to get his mind going and wanting to gain more truth and knowledge.

One person at a time ladies and gents...
He will educate himself more and teach his family and friends and their friends.

I am proud to say I have awoken many of people but without forcing my views on them....
Just a little education and truth ignites the spark in people.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
My old boss is in town with my brother and he is extremeley conservative and thinks that everthing on mainstream media is 100% truth and that they would never ever lie to the public. We ended up talking about the usual subjects we read about here on ATS and even though he was not looking at me and kind of smirking to my comments he was still listening. At one point in the conversastion it was almost as if his ears perked up like a animal that just heard a noise...

The first gear in his head turned.

I have since sent him a few videos and without forcing my opinion on him I presented him with just enough information to get his mind going and wanting to gain more truth and knowledge.

One person at a time ladies and gents...
He will educate himself more and teach his family and friends and their friends.

I am proud to say I have awoken many of people but without forcing my views on them....
Just a little education and truth ignites the spark in people.

just a video here and a video here and their internal gears spin on their own. I have awakened my wife, but she refuses to talk about any of it because she said it just really creep her out. She knows its the truth and she's afraid of it. I imagine most are like this. Yea we know, but we don't want to think about it. This results from a feeling of hopelessness, that change is not possible. However, once in a while she sends videos out to her friends. She is awakening people to something she fears her self. People fear the truth but can't run or hide from it either

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

the ability to question and think are radically important, and that those who have not yet reached that step can't connect with those who have

STAR & FLAG AS THIS QUOTE IS ONE OF THE GREATEST QUOTES I HAVE EVER READ ON ATS IN THE MANY YEARS I HAVE BEEN ON IT!

Very Profound Sir!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

The answer is not to make people think you are a looney bin, but to ask them simple pointed questions that they cannot easily dismiss, but don't have to answer right away. Or point out things without necessarily making the implications. For example, "Isn't it interesting that the World Trade Center buildings came down just like a controlled demolition would?" Or "Are you aware now of who you are that survives death?". Then go away and drop it. It will gnaw on them, possibly unconsciously, even if they deny it. A month or so later, make another observation or question, then drop it.

Think about how difficult it was to realize that Santa Claus was your dad. Now extrapolate to those around you. It takes time, and is often very difficult for them. So, be satisfied with very small results, but keep it up.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
You are wise beyond your years.

And it gets worse. Because right now, as you know, your brain isn't done developing yet (thought its already well ahead of many older sheeples).

And right now, at 18, believe it or not, you are still naive about a lot of things. I thought I was a grown up at 18 but soon learned how wrong I was. There is still an innocence there and an idealism that the world can be changed. And that is good, we need people to keep fighting for a better tomorrow.

As you get older, you will get even more frustrated, as you get a partner, maybe kids, and suddenly everyone will expect you to get a house and fit in with the ideals of a modern lifestyle. And you will find it harder and harder to keep saying no. Until finally you just become jaded and give in.

You get to maturity and you start thinking things like "well its a good thing that there is a helmet law so my little Janie doesn't crack her skull on the sidewalk" "that's a good law".. and if that is a good law, certainly they all can't be bad right?

The fact is, that the world is so many endless shades of grey that right and wrong pretty much are the same thing and it is like you can never win.

Keep on fighting the good fight, but try not to let all the #ty things in the world get you down. There are still good things in life and yours is just beginning.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it. ~Morpheus

Awesomeius! Now I want to watch the matrix!

An inspiring read. To be reminded that people in our age group have the ability of realisation, more so than most adults, makes me feel goodies!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by roblot

An inspiring read. To be reminded that people in our age group have the ability of realisation, more so than most adults, makes me feel goodies!

Only watch the first one...the last 2 were taken over by the money suits and very little can be learned from them.

I wish I had this kind of insight when I was 18 perhaps 20 years ago I could have made a difference!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by roblot

Only watch the first one...the last 2 were taken over by the money suits and very little can be learned from them.

I wish I had this kind of insight when I was 18 perhaps 20 years ago I could have made a difference!

Hey, friend. It's never too late for anything. What limits there are have only been set by ridiculous social norms that shouldn't always be a guide for living. Do what inspires you, and inspire others to do as you do.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I don't know you but i feel really proud that another person has awakened to the same truth that I once awoke to.
Yes there is a gap left, as they say ignorance is bliss. It takes a strength to carry on knowing the truth about our world. You are now on your own path & all I can say to you is be strong & carry on how you see fit.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Great post, and as others have already stated, you're well ahead of your years on these subjects.

A word of caution for you however: All these conspiracies, corruptions and evil plans we see in the shadows can weigh heavy on a person's soul. More than one member has posted a "gotta get away from this..." thread and I would (sadly) imagine that the negativity inherent to these topics have pushed some to end their lives.

IMO to deal in this reality one must have a center. By that I mean a core set of values that bring happiness and joy to your life, something that can't be stained by all that negativity. For me (and likely many here) it's my family, the love of my spouse and children. Drag me off to a FEMA camp, they can't take that love away. Others might be grounded in preparation, faith, friends...whatever works.

Point is, don't get swallowed up by all this. Most of the grand scheme is a paper tiger, a shell game of invisible money. It will impact us, yes, but when the dust settles people will still have to get up, work for their food, live, love and keep the cycle going.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
"It's time to act" has been on my mind all year. I feel like everything is rapidly coming to a head, and it's sink or swim very soon... so how the heck do we wake everyone up??

Having only woken up a year or two ago, I can remember what I initially thought of conspiracy theorists. There was the mainstream perception of them, and the perception based on personal experience. The mainstream one simply lumped them all in one big category of loons, not unlike how we tend to lump the entire MSM and those who haven't woken up yet into the propaganda bs and "sheeple" categories, respectively.

My personal experience with them involved a friend from high school, who around college time, began becoming really antisocial, took a lot of drugs, and was generally kind of a drag, even though he was really smart. Any time he "challenged" the mainstream beliefs it just came off like he was being a pain in the ass rather than informing anyone. Another experience involved me walking through Walgreens, when some random guy in a trench coat scuffled up to me, said some quiet words I couldn't really understand, and then handed me a strip of paper with the links to prison planet and info wars on it (I'm not making this up).

I think the mature approach to making this happen for REAL is to step in their shoes and see it from their perspective. Admittedly, it's not quite as black and white as the Matrix makes it out to be (as awesome as that movie is). Just like not every single MSM story is total crap, not every underground story is completely reliable and some is outright propaganda as well (or disinfo). Similarly, from THEIR perspective, "waking up" isn't entirely attractive if they believe it's only clouded with negativity and depression.

So in my opinion, I think what could really pique people's curiosity are the cool stories that aren't being talked about, such as hidden technology, esoteric knowledge, etc. and then relating THAT to the more general conspiracy that this stuff is being suppressed on purpose. Being a beacon of light rather than a Debbie Downer (not saying that you're being a downer, I just mean in general). Something that makes people believe that life could and actually ought to be waaay more awesome than it is now. Once the flame is ignited, they'll seek out the details and discover all the heavier-to-digest stuff, but initially just getting people hype about something that can make them feel special is probably the best way to do it-- in fact that's how I got turned on to it all and I think all major paradigm shifts begin in this incredibly simplified way...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join