It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memo To Mitt Romney: The 47% Pay Taxes Too

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
if you are receiving welfare, or food stamps, and you buy food or whatever, you are not paying taxes on those items.

that money was not yours in the first place.

it was mine, i earned that money, only to have the government come in and steal it, then redistribute it to you.

you can't pay taxes with money that doesn't belong to you.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

His number is off, as that 47% does account for some people that it does not apply to. But is his overall message wrong? The 47% is not the message.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

Originally posted by tkwasny

Mitt is the exalted savior who has come to save
America with overt globalist corporatism.

I paid income tax when I was working at McDonalds at
The age of 16.

America's mentality is sinking into the depths past all measures
Of idiocy. Mitt is your guy, sound bites are your future!

Swimming pools Across America will now be 2 feet deep!

Dive on in, head first!!!

Unless you made over about $16,000 at year total, when you filed your income tax, you got it all back.

You did file an income tax, right?

That is completely false

I never got it all back. the 2 years I made around $6,000 in high school I received

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Right wing talk radio and Fox News started all this crazy nonsense about 47% of Americans not paying taxes (which is totally absurd and untrue).

Romney is just repeating it, because he heard it from them, because he is clearly retarded, just like all the other people that believe this sort of ridiculous right wing propaganda.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

Federal income taxes. I believe it is true. You are wrong.

the Tax Policy Center, which provides data showing that in 2011, 46.4 percent of American households paid no federal income tax.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak
Right wing talk radio and Fox News started all this crazy nonsense about 47% of Americans not paying taxes (which is totally absurd and untrue).

Romney is just repeating it, because he heard it from them, because he is clearly retarded, just like all the other people that believe this sort of ridiculous right wing propaganda.

I agree with you, I have never made more than $20,000 a year and I have never gotten more than 50%
of my Federal withholding back, not with H&R Block or the several other CPAs I have used. I think
it is a load of horse crap.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I agree with you, I have never made more than $20,000 a year and I have never gotten more than 50%
of my Federal withholding back, not with H&R Block or the several other CPAs I have used. I think

Look at my last post, I cited a source. It is not horse crap. I used to get MORE in federal returns than I paid in. Even when proof is given you just want to hate Romney so much you ignore it.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Look at my last post, I cited a source. It is not horse crap. I used to get MORE in federal returns than I paid in. Even when proof is given you just want to hate Romney so much you ignore it.

I am talking about my experience... So yes, I value my experience more than I value a government
statistic.

I think it must be a loaded statistic because in nearly two decades of working, I have never NOT
had a federal tax liability. It is so fantastic sounding to me, yet I cannot determine or prove that
the statistic is wrong at this moment. I can attest to the fact that it has not proved true for me,

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

Well since you do not care that the government itself admits it, I guess there is nothing more for me to say. Every statistic proves him right, but hey you paid taxes so Romney is wrong, gotcha.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by ELectricalApprentice

He's projecting his own evils onto 47% of the population. All the things he accuses them of, the accused could also say about him.

Well that is too honest an observation...someone who hides thier vast fortune overseas to avoid paying taxes deriding half the country as "not taking responsibility for thier lives" for not contributing sufficiently in Federal Income Tax.

Evils? Yes Mitt should want to make life as confortable as possible for the 47%.
Poor little babies.....bad ol Mitt.

Lets face it .....for at least 1/2 of the 47% its a gravy train!!!!! You would have to walk through life with blinders on not to see this. What ever side of the deal your on, your a self deluded tool not to see it.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by ELectricalApprentice

He's projecting his own evils onto 47% of the population. All the things he accuses them of, the accused could also say about him.

Well that is too honest an observation...someone who hides thier vast fortune overseas to avoid paying taxes deriding half the country as "not taking responsibility for thier lives" for not contributing sufficiently in Federal Income Tax.

Evils? Yes Mitt should want to make life as confortable as possible for the 47%.
Poor little babies.....bad ol Mitt.

Lets face it .....for at least 1/2 of the 47% its a gravy train!!!!! You would have to walk through life with blinders on not to see this. What ever side of the deal your on, your a self deluded tool not to see it.

I do not know if I would go that far. But there are some segments of the population that will pretty much auto cast their vote for Obama. Some of these 47% are in that camp. Every black person I know, and let's face it, pretty much all the ones I don't know, will also auto cast for Obama. I tried having a discussion about the job growth report with a black co-worker and he wouldn't believe me. I brought up about 10 sources all saying the same thing. He wouldn't listen and stopped talking to me saying it was a lie. This is a smart college educated professional man too.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

the Tax Policy Center, which provides data showing that in 2011, 46.4 percent of American households paid no federal income tax.

www.cbsnews.com...

And its these that are bitching about it? Let me say that I never hear anyone bitching about taxes much.

In fact this is all driven by the left media. And its nothing NEW! What Mitt said has been said from the republicans for 50 years now. Its that the left media can still make hay out of it like smacking a druged up half awake dope head from a stuper telling him Mitts coming to get your fix!

A bunch of left driven protect that gravy train at all costs bull stuff.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The fact that Mitt Romney said these 47% wouldn't be attracted to his "lower tax message" proves that even HE doesn't believe "trickle down" works. Because if he thought it worked, he would be talking TO the poor, the dependent... He'd be trying to get their votes. But he's given up on them instead, thinking their the "moochers" of Ayn Rand fame. And he's a "producer"??? What does he produce? Except bigger bank accounts for himself and the rest of the 1%??

How is a tax message of lower taxes going to resonate with people that don't pay income tax? It doesn't really effect them, at least in the tax pocketbook. He is just being honest that his tax policies won't sway those voters since they don't benefit from it. Contrary to popular belief (at least on one side of the aisle), most job creation is the result of "rich" people creating/investing in businesses. I rarely see it work the opposite way with "poor" people.

Whats more is that any real tax revolt movements always come from people that have something to tax! If you want to be poor in this country and know how to work the system in all aspects.....you have it made here. In fact ITS A FORM OF WEALTH in this country to be poor.

You can have kids and stay un married, let the gov raise your kids through baby mom, free food, free med, free this free that. Go to school and still claim your baby moms address as res! Oh boy it really payes to be irresponsabel in this country.

This flap is about those on the fix wanting more from those that have. Its eat the rich while you drink it down with something you bought on food stamps. Its bitching becouse your unemployment check is taxed! Its bitching about Mitt whiel your common law wife takes the kids to the doc on your get out of paying free gov medical card.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I agree, most of these Romney flaps/gaffes lately have actually been sheer spot on honesty.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Yea, libs just trying to control the language and flow. Like oh wow did you hear what Mitt said. And even the way the "video" was taken. Like it was part of some sort of sting operation at some secret underground meeting or something, filmed from a hidden camera in a case or something, while Mitt was talking to a secret group of rich supporters. Anyway its stupid.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

...someone who hides thier vast fortune overseas to avoid paying taxes deriding half the country as "not taking responsibility for thier lives" for not contributing sufficiently in Federal Income Tax.

That is the real irony, isn't it? Too funny! And the right is supposedly against "redistribution of wealth", unless it's in the form of tax cuts for the uber-wealthy, which redistributes wealth UPWARDS to the top 1%.

Mitt Romney recently defined the "middle class" as those who make up to $200-250K!
Those people ACTUALLY are in the top 4%. So, he considers the top 4% to be the in the "middle class".

The Census Bureau reported this week that the median household income -- the midpoint for the nation -- is just over $50,000.
Source

Poor Mitt. No amount of education is going to bring him back to reality.

Payroll Taxes have been neglected. This is an educational video about the 47% and Romney's positions, for those who are interested.

edit on 9/19/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
OK, Mr Romey.

I think I can tell you how we can be sure everyone who works in America pays income taxes.

Have congress pass a law that every employer must pay all of their employees at least $30,000 per year.

That would resolve this whole issue.

Of course after doing this, just like it would happen, a burger would cost about $200 and bag of chips, another $50.

As with many things in our interconnected world, the solution to one situation often has some unintended circumstances in other areas.

It might just be better to set-up a tax code with a single bracket, say 7.5%, and let everyone pay this reguardless of income. We could also have a single bracket for business, say 7.5%, only on profits.

These are just numbers, but I think you get my intent. The poorest workers could afford this and the richest would be gratified to know they get to keep the rest. A business could easily "lower" it's taxes by doing things which improve their plants and/or hire more workers.

I know, this is far to simple to work, but you have got to start somewhere.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
reply to post by Indigo5

No they don't, it isn't paying taxes if you get it refunded at the end of the year, sometimes they get more than they paid in.

Really? What about all of the Hidden Taxes we never see? I am one of those Mitt is talking about. I live on Social Security and have government health care. (Medicare) I pay no income tax on my income, it is tax free. You think for a second I don't pay any tax? I pay a tax, or two or three taxes, every time I buy something. And I still seem to owe my share of the "National Debt" to the Federal Reserve. Mitt Romney is clearly out of touch with average working class Americans, Disabled America Workers, and Retired American Workers. I worked in Service Trades as an auto mechanic and semi truck driver for over 30 years, and became disabled through no fault of my own. I cannot draw food stamps, we together make too much money for the standard. But we still struggle to get by. In the middle 1960s my family would be considered Middle Class, for we make over $32,000 a year. But has anyone seen how prices of consumables just keep going up and up with no end in visible sight?

And then all we get is Pepsi or Coke. No other choices. I get phone calls all the time asking which "candidate" would I vote for if the election were held today. The only choices I ever get is Democrat of Republican.
I think Jessie Ventura said it best in his new book, he calls them "DemoCRIPS and ReBLOODlicans."

I say take the Gang Names off the ballot and just list the names of the people running. Mr. Ventura, if you ran, you would have my vote.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

www.cbsnews.com...

That number proves that President Mitt Romney was correct!

I think it's time for the Herman Cain 9 - 9 - 9 or maybe 10 - 10 - 10 plan to surface.

We should all pay Federal Income Tax.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

www.cbsnews.com...

That number proves that President Mitt Romney was correct!

I think it's time for the Herman Cain 9 - 9 - 9 or maybe 10 - 10 - 10 plan to surface.

We should all pay Federal Income Tax.

Yes! In fact I just heard Obama on Letterman say it's time for every one to pay their fair share. That includes the bottom 47% as well as the top 53%.

And hey, even though Obama's too busy to go to his daily security briefings and meet with other world leaders I'm glad he has time to go on Letterman and party with Jay-Z.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join