It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daylight Photographs Revealed of UFO Over Vancouver Island

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I came across this article today that contains pictures of a recent UFO sighting on Southern Vancouver Island (Victoria), British Columbia, Canada. This story hits close to home because I used to live in this exact location and there have been various unexplained sightings in the region over the years, and they seem to be increasing as time goes by.

The pictures were taken on September 14th 2012, according to Ken Pfeifer from mufonjnews.com. I searched YouTube for video footage but there does not appear to be any at this time.

I am no expert and am not claiming these to be real or a hoax but do find them to be rather interesting. There could very well be a natural explanation such as Chinese Lanters or something similar. Anyways, I will share the pictures and hopefully some of the more experienced members on this subject will have some opinions and ideas to share.

Knowledge in photagraphy is not a strong point of mine so this coudl be some type of exposure trick so please debunk as I will not get offended.

We were sitting on the beach off Dallas Road, in Victoria B.C, (Vancouver Island), when across the water I noticed some bright lights hovering above the ocean. It was odd to see such a bright, large object in the middle of the afternoon, on a beautiful sunny day.

The object appeared to be somewhat cylindrical,but with 3 almost separate,glowing parts. Shortly after I started taking photos, I noticed that 2 black helicopters had now appeared as well, and seemed to be flying around the object; one of the bright spots, on the right side appeared to get larger, as if it was turning with the arrival of the helicopters.

I continued to take several photos, eventually the object seemed to just evaporate in the distance. There was no significant movement of the object, it seemed to just hover above the ocean.

Upon further investigation of my photos, it would appear that there was a significant heat source emitting from the object, as when I zoomed in (on my computer), it was obvious that the color of the pixels changed from the center outward, becoming almost a pale green around the edge.

Link

Any opinions or comments would be appreciated.

Regardless of never finding "absolute proof" I am still a firm believer in ET's interacting with our earth ever since prehistoric times. My views on this would be a whole other thread so I will not venture into those opinions at this time.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: link

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I came across this article today that contains pictures of a recent UFO sighting on Southern Vancouver Island (Victoria), British Columbia, Canada. This story hits close to home because I used to live in this exact location and there have been various unexplained sightings in the region over the years, and they seem to be increasing as time goes by.

The pictures were taken on September 14th 2012, according to Ken Pfeifer from mufonjnews.com. I searched YouTube for video footage but there does not appear to be any at this time.

I am no expert and am not claiming these to be real or a hoax but do find them to be rather interesting. There could very well be a natural explanation such as Chinese Lanters or something similar. Anyways, I will share the pictures and hopefully some of the more experienced members on this subject will have some opinions and ideas to share.

Knowledge in photagraphy is not a strong point of mine so this coudl be some type of exposure trick so please debunk as I will not get offended.

We were sitting on the beach off Dallas Road, in Victoria B.C, (Vancouver Island), when across the water I noticed some bright lights hovering above the ocean. It was odd to see such a bright, large object in the middle of the afternoon, on a beautiful sunny day.

The object appeared to be somewhat cylindrical,but with 3 almost separate,glowing parts. Shortly after I started taking photos, I noticed that 2 black helicopters had now appeared as well, and seemed to be flying around the object; one of the bright spots, on the right side appeared to get larger, as if it was turning with the arrival of the helicopters.

I continued to take several photos, eventually the object seemed to just evaporate in the distance. There was no significant movement of the object, it seemed to just hover above the ocean.

Upon further investigation of my photos, it would appear that there was a significant heat source emitting from the object, as when I zoomed in (on my computer), it was obvious that the color of the pixels changed from the center outward, becoming almost a pale green around the edge.

Any opinions or comments would be appreciated.

Regardless of never finding "absolute proof" I am still a firm believer in ET's interacting with our earth ever since prehistoric times. My views on this would be a whole other thread so I will not dabble venture into those opinions at this time.

edit on 18-9-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

If you go to Ken's site, you can see the full images. Although it looks like sky behind the "lights", it is actually a hazy mountain. One thing I wondered is the "lights" might actually be reflections of sunlight off windows on a building, situated on the mountain. I have seen that effect before in coastal BC and it can be quite dramatic.

That would explain why the "lights" seemed to hover and then eventually faded as the angle from the sun changed.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I seen something like this a few years ago, here's some pics. Click Here

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Could it be this or something like it?

Spy Blimp

edit on 18-9-2012 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

As a former resident of that region I know for a fact that those are not mountains. The mountains in any direction (there are plenty to see) are not visible above the cloud cover, and the object in question is well above the cloud cover so could not be a light on the mountain.

I remember looking towards Port Angeles on numerous occasions and seeing "lights on the hills" but they would be much lower than the object in question.

As for it being a reflection, it is possible, but highly doubtful.

Thanks sharing your opinion though.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
We could use some intelligent life about now.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
..I am still a firm believer in ET's interacting with our earth ever since prehistoric times.

Unfortunately, you believe wrong.

My views on this would be a whole other thread so I will not venture into those opinions at this time.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: link

Actually, if that point is sorted out, there's not much reason for this thread, except to find out what earthly thing we are looking at.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AnilCorn

Thanks for sharing

Those shiny orb like objects in your link do look similar to what I posted. Perhaps what we are seeing in my pics are several of the ones that you saw?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Allow me to be the first to star n Flag you! Thanks for the photos! Its amazing that this is published after reading ATS Thread that the US n China had maneuvers off the coasts of California supposedly engaging UFO's. Vancouver Island is only a blink of an eye for a UFI to cover the distance between the two locations!

Thanks again m8 for your post with photos!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

It could be a blimp as I have seen them hovering the skies on various occasions in Victoria, but I'm unsure what a spy blimp would be doing in that area, but anything is possible.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Consequence

Unfortunately, you believe wrong.

Wow that is the thread killer of the century

I don't claim to have proof, but you seem very confident of your rather bold claim. Any proof to back up your comment?

Didn't think so.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Maybe it is a UFO, it appears according to reputable senior editor Gordon Duff of Veterans Today there is something going down in that general vaccinty, San franscisco, a UFO war to be exact, and there has been reports of bomb explosions and hearing helicopters firing on something. www.veteranstoday.com... I think we are on the verge of disclosure.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The third picture down resembles a helicopter in shape.
However the rest of them don't look like one.

Thanks for posting these.
I am looking forward to my next UFO sighting myself and I hope I see more as 12, 21, 2012 rolls around.

Hey, i believe skepticality is important, but so is an open mind.

(I think I just invented a new word, got to go call websters, be back in a bit)
(nope, someone beat me)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IceHappy

I was reading up on that China/USA battle against UFO's thread just before posting this and though of mentioning it in my OP due to the proximity of the two incidents so thank you for pointing it out.

As I said I am a believer, but I remain skeptical when it comes to this type of stuff due to the amount of hoaxers on this topic. I hate hoaxers

I haven't looked into the San Fran incident enough to base any solid conclusions.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

I like the new word

You are correct about the one picture looking like a helicopter, but the other ones do not appear as such.

I wonder what it could be?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
A plane turning into/out of the sun.

Ive seen this many times myself, so i am certain that its a plane.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I can certainly entertain the possibility of it being "a plane turning into the sun" but I have seen this numerous times as well and have never seen anything remotely close to this.

Perhaps we can find some other photos of planes turning into the sun and then compare the pictures to the ones in my OP.

I will post them if I find some.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
From the original article :

Shortly after I started taking photos, I noticed that 2 black helicopters had now appeared as well, and seemed to be flying around the object...

Its a shame we can't see the "black helicopters" in his pictures.
It would have helped us estimate the position and size of the UFO.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SolidGoal

Its a shame we can't see the "black helicopters" in his pictures.
It would have helped us estimate the position and size of the UFO.

I agree that it's a shame we can't see the black helicopters that he describes.

One would think that he would have taken pictures of those too...?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

There is a user who commented on the linked site and asked :

...Very cool. Are there any photos that have the helicopters in them?

the original poster "Ken Pfeifer" I think, has not answered yet.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join