It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Today A Friend Asked..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What does it mean when someone in your family who is in the military tells you that they received orders to get on a plane in a few weeks from 9/16/2012 and they could not know where they are going and could not talk to anyone in their family once they get there??

I suggested Iran.

Anyone else have some insight?

Could this possibly be a confirmation of an October surprise?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Being a former Marine with a combat MOS, Ive been in this situation numerous times. Most of the time it is nothing to worry about. Just a swapping of the troops. But there are the rare occasions where it actually leads to something. I wouldnt worry about it as of yet. But then again with all that is going on in the world, you may want to worry a little.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
That probably isn't good. This is a little bit titillating, care to share any more details?

I have seen one poster on another forum mention mobilization orders being given to their friend in the NG.

Obviously, we all know by now. War is on the horizon. The scale of the conflict is all that is in question now.

Perhaps in 30 years historians will classify these last few days as the impetus for Word War 3.

edit on 17/9/12 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

I was in the military also, i mean i wish i did know more... that's all that his uncle told him. when my dad got sent to Iraq before we dropped the first bombs that how they told him.... then the president comes out does his speech about declaring war and then the word is out. i'm sure his uncle didn't want to break OP-SEC and just wanted to let his family know he was OK when they haven't heard from him. ( i didnt hear from my dad for about 2 1/2 months until they lifted the hold on letters being sent back here to the states.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Antz2xplicit

Yes OP-SEC is of huge importance to any mission. Thanks for the heads up anyway. Hopefully others may come forward with bits and pieces of information from their friends and relatives as well and we can piece together a likely date for first strike.

top topics

join