It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New to the site, but not so much on the supernatural.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Name's Taven,

I've joined this website, mostly to see what's going on out there. To see what others have to say about what they believe in, such as; ghosts, spirits, demons, and angels. Other beings too, but I don't exactly believe in Vampires or Werewolfs if they are of the physical realm. I'm young, being 21 will probably put me in the firing range of alot of you, more seasoned, monster hunters/paranormal investigators but I say again. . . I'm here to see what you all have to say about what you believe in. I've had my fair share of experiences with ghosts, spirits, angels, and demons. . . Especially a succubus attack, which was terrifying by the way. But I know that doesn't exactly make me experienced, so I want to learn more about these things. So I hope you all are willing to give me your two cents on what ever I bring to the table.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Hope you enjoy your stay.
If you're going to come here with stories about Ghosts, angels and demons, you better have some hard core proof or you're going to take a lot of flack. Your word and personal "experiences" dont count as proof in my opinion. Just a heads up. Not trying to be harsh. I appreciate a good story as well as many other members here do. But a lot of us are proof whores. No proof, didnt happen. lol.
Anyway, hope to see you on the threads and hope you can bring some good content to the site.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 369821
Welcome to ATS. Hope you enjoy your stay.
If you're going to come here with stories about Ghosts, angels and demons, you better have some hard core proof or you're going to take a lot of flack. Your word and personal "experiences" dont count as proof in my opinion. Just a heads up. Not trying to be harsh. I appreciate a good story as well as many other members here do. But a lot of us are proof whores. No proof, didnt happen. lol.
Anyway, hope to see you on the threads and hope you can bring some good content to the site.

Well then, we have a problem. Lol. I never really got so in to it, where I get evidence. I just have personal experiences that couldn't be photographed or recorded. I only have my instincts, experiences, and words in my arsenal. I'd might as well put my bullet-proof vest on for the coming fire. >_

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Taven

No problem. Just a difference of opinion. And thats more than welcome. If we all thought the same, ATS wouldnt exist.
I was just giving you a heads up that at times youre going to need thick skin. Some people will agree with you and share stories with you. Others will insult your intelligence and mock you. I just ask for proof.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Taven

So far I have near a dozen of experiences. No one took me seriously (well, a few did but that was thru U2U). Most of people on ATS say, Pics or it didn't happen. Deny Ignorance... what a joke. Most people here enforce ignorance and are totally unable to consider other people's opinion. Someone called my friend a "mentally ill" because she started a thread about paranormal experiences. I had to alert the mod and the thread was forgotten; nobody is ready to hear us, even on ATS.
edit on 17-9-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Taven

That being said, ATS is a great source of info.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm definately prepared to take on fire.

And John, thanks, I know what to expect. I'm used to Humans, I hate them, but they're still just evolutionized apes. No offense to any who read this. . . It's true. We're all still animals when we get straight to the source, lol. Give an ape a gun and you'll see how they'll look at it as if it's something from out of this world. But I also agree with the prood thing. . . We won't recieve respect unless we have the proof to back us up. I can go claim to be a Psychic Vampire, and even explain how and why I am one, but they'd probably brush me off. Proof is very important unfortunately. No aggression intended.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Taven

Yeah. That's about right. Unfortunately, but also fortunately.

Well, welcome to here!

See ya.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Taven

You'll probably want to hang around the Paranormal Forum and the Grey Area, to read about others' personal experiences. Welcome to ATS! A Mod will be along before long with a link to the T&C. Do read them, the T&C are taken very seriously here.

Enjoy the site!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hi Taven, welcome!
I also am a newbie exploring what's going on here..
Have had my own expierences with supernatural beings too. If they were real, I don't know. I have been very busy drawing those creatures, and I'm going to post some of these on the forum.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hey come on in, I'm just here for the big fluffy pillows
Glad your here, see you out on the boards.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Peace to you and blessings that your search may be fruitful, I recommend reading the philosophy forum as well as the faith forum.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hello Taven! Welcome!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Taven

Hi Taven and Welcome to ATS !

If you like paranormal stuff, there is this thread today that I lurked, can't find a possible explanation and thought it might interest you:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have Fun & Enjoy !!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.
We need more people with open minds around here. Too many skeptards.

new topics

top topics

join