It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-US protesters at US embassy in London + EDL to screen movie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Search didn't bring up anything and i think i'm in the write forum.
I thought it was worth bringing this to everyone's attention.
About 1,000 (200 in another report) demonstrators shout anti-American slogans outside US embassy.

Approximately 1,000 people shouted slogans outside the US embassy in central London in a protest inspired by the furore over a US-made anti-Islam film.

It hasn't been a violent protest thankfully.
The thing that caught my attention is that English Defence League are planning to screen the 'innocence of muslims' movie in October which is just asking for trouble.

On Sunday, the leader of the English Defence League (EDL) said that the group are planning to screen the anti-Islamic film as part of a demonstration in Walthamstow scheduled for the end of October.
Tweeting on Sunday, Tommy Robinson, also known as Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, posted: It gives me great pleasure to announce that we will be screening the film innocence of muslims on october 27th in walthamstow

The EDL and Hizb Ut-Tahrir Demonstrators dont like each other, so the EDL screening the movie will be a red rag to a bull IMO.

Any thought's?

Sources:
www.guardian.co.uk...

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk... 7306

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Here's a bit of info on the EDL for anyone unfamiliar.

The English Defence League (EDL) is a far-right street protest movement which opposes what it considers to be a spread of Islamism, Sharia law and Islamic extremism in the United Kingdom

source: en.wikipedia.org...

here is there website

englishdefenceleague.org...

their slogan is 'Peacefully protesting against militant Islam
edit on 16-9-2012 by christafinias because: Typo

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
A bunch of skinhead, racist Nazi thugs are going to antagonise a bunch of Islamic extremists........I doubt it is going to end up as a quite loving picnic in the park.

CX

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
A bunch of skinhead, racist Nazi thugs are going to antagonise a bunch of Islamic extremists........I doubt it is going to end up as a quite loving picnic in the park.

Agreed.

By showing this again purely to antagonize Islamic extremists....and lets face it, you're right, thats exactly what they are trying to do...the EDL may have well made the videos themselves....i think this will bring more trouble to our country than they could possibly imagine.

They should be charged with with something along the lines of inciting violence.

Idiots.

Don't get me wrong, i agree with the basic supposed idea of the EDL if thats still to get rid of the extremists from Britain, but the way they go about things makes them no different to white extremists sometimes.

Not helpful lads.....not helpful at all.

CX.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I know next to nothing about the situation in England, or even their general opinions on anything, so I'm asking in all seriousness.

If the EDL shows this film, perhaps in a park, and the mob of Muslims organized under the banner of their own hate group comes cruising down the street with weapons of various sorts in their hands, what do the police do? Arrest the Muslims and remove them? Arrest the EDL and remove them? Stand in the middle of the two groups and get pelted from every direction? Something else?

I think their choice would say something about the English government.

CX

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Probably just let the riot police deal with it......and then we'll have all the kids jumping on bandwagon like last time and we'll have London Riots 2...the sequel.

CX.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Dear CX,

I can't say that I envy your situation. But I'm still a little curious, would the official position be that the sides are equally to blame? Or would one side be considered the "Aggressors," and the other, the "Victims?" If so, which group would be which, in the eyes of the authorities?

Or, will the police just let the two groups bash on each other for an hour or so, then beat up anyone still standing?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Will the UK be putting the grudge match on Pay per view?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Personally, I think the EDL should face any charges that will be dished out, they know full well what the reaction could be, and IMO it is inciting riot.

That being said, it might do them good if the police take their time getting to any potential fighting, let them bloody each others noses for a little bit, someone might hopefully learn from it.
edit on 16/9/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by CX

Dear CX,

I can't say that I envy your situation. But I'm still a little curious, would the official position be that the sides are equally to blame? Or would one side be considered the "Aggressors," and the other, the "Victims?" If so, which group would be which, in the eyes of the authorities?

Or, will the police just let the two groups bash on each other for an hour or so, then beat up anyone still standing?

With respect,
Charles1952

Hi Charles....

Not sure to be honest, i think they would just try and keep the two groups separate, let them have thier rants, maybe arrest any that are being overly aggressive, and maybe arrest the ones that show the film, or should i say, whoever organized it, and as Woogie says have them charged with inciting riot.

Not sure how they decide the "aggressor", they should have a stupidity law though i know that much. To put on a public performance of a film that has caused deaths and violence all over the world, you either have to be brain dead or looking to cause the same reaction in our country.

In this case, i'd say it's both.

CX.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I'd like a little clarification on your position, if you cold spare the time.

Personally, I think the EDL should face any charges that will be dished out, they know full well what the reaction could be, and IMO it is inciting riot.
If I were to stroll through certain parts of London wearing an American flag T-shirt, smoking a cigar, while walking my dog, I can reasonably expect an observant Muslim to come and knock my block off. Am I then "inciting riot?" Is there anything that I am allowed to do in public if it upsets Muslims?

I understand there is a continuum, between throwing a pig wearing a Mohammad costume into a Mosque on Friday, and a woman wearing a skirt which shows her knees. But, currently, people are being attacked for "offenses" all up and down the spectrum.

What, under your plan, would we be allowed to do or say that offends Muslims? Nothing?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

There is a big difference between unknowingly offending and blatantly offending. The EDL, without a shadow of a doubt (knowing the EDL agenda), is doing it to blatantly offend, and cause trouble.

They have done it before, and they will do it again. It doesn't justify the reaction by the extremists, as I am sure a lot of them are looking for any excuse, but I think the lit match / petrol scenario comes to mind.

EDIT: I must apologise, but it is 01:16am here, and I am off to bed, I will come back and respond to anything that needs responding too in the morning, G'night all.
edit on 16/9/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk and CX

Dear gentlemen,

I have to thank you for your responses, pat yourselves on the back for helping out, and draw yourselves a pint.
Sorry, I forgot that you can't do that anymore. What do you shout out to the barmaid? "I'll have another half-litre, if you please?" Loses some of the romance, don't you think?

Anyway, back to death and destruction.

It seems there is a vast cultural distinction that I would never have suspected. In the US the attitude of the common man seems to be, "If you don't like it, don't look at it." Or, alternatively, "You don't like it? Tough. Go away."

If the Muslims in America were to present us with a list of words and actions which they deemed offensive to Islam, then told us we mustn't do or say any of them, I don't know if the reaction would be laughter or suits at law. I'm reasonably certain that if their proposal was taken seriously for a moment, ammunition sales would grow exponentially.

We would go about gaily (Let us pause for a moment at the loss of that happy word.) with those offensive words on bumper stickers, T-shirts, and posters. We would probably buy more tobacco, liquor, and pet pigs. There are some things that "True Americans" don't care for, and one of them is the removal of basic freedoms.

We allow "Gay Pride" parades and festivals, which offend sizable numbers of Americans. But if the Muslims were to demand we not have "Christianity Pride" parades, there would be a significant reaction.

But maybe we are changing also. I dearly hope not.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
All of you people are forgetting the purpose of showing the film - to expose the silliness of the Muslim Extremists and to get the good Muslims to reign in their fallen brethren to stop their hate crimes toward the rest of the world.

Check my sig file thread. The filmmaker has no regrets over making this film and has plans to post the full movie on You tube.

I think this film should be shown en-mass to every country on the planet for a month straight 24 hours a day. I double dare the extremist Muslims to rise up against it. Once the whole world is against the extremist Muslims they will be forced to back down and go back to their hidy hole. The extremists Muslims will be uncovered.

The film does Not incite violence. The film is rather silly.. have you seen the 14 minute trailer? It's Rubbish! There have been many other films that shown Muhammad in a worse light.

The Extremist Muslims are responsible for their own actions. They willingly choose to become violent over something so silly. No one forced them to act out of hate. The responsibility is 100% on them.

Americans understand this because we have to deal with free speech everyday. Tons of bad things are said about everyone all the time in America. If we took the petty attitude that these things so greatly offend us we must react in a violent manner, there were be constant anarchy in America, yet we don't do that because it's too silly.

Proof Americans are more grown-up and mature than these Muslin Extremists.

edit on 16-9-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Wow

some interesting response's thanks guys....and i only shut my eye's for a minute! lol.
After i finish work i'll log back on and add something more meaningful later

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

They are button pressing, bully boy thugs. They know what they are doing, and they want to spill blood. They can't do it at the football matches any more, so instead of opposing teams fans, they found muslims.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I agree they are responsible for their own actions, but their buttons are being intentionally pressed. That makes the bullies equally as responsible.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

That's what my tired mind was trying to say. Is it right that they act like this? No. The fact is they do, and the EDL know that, yet they still insist on provoking them.

English Defense League? No thanks pal, I'll defend myself with a more mature approach.

This interview, although now old, still cracks me up everytime and explains the EDL down to a tee.......

Idiots.

EDIT:
Just watched it again, oh dear me, who breeds these muppets? "It's the er, the er, well, the er Muslamic law..."

edit on 17/9/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I'm waiting to see the stereotypical EDL fanboys on here trying to defend this. That's going to be very interesting indeed.

They spent so much energy trying to prove they were not just an offshoot of the BNP, screaming about how they're not a racist, xenophobic, violent bunch of Nazi thugs, and then they do this! It's excellent!

I'm actually quite glad they've made this statement, because it proves to idiots in the UK exactly what this group of thugs are - knuckle-dragging, skinhead, violent ignoramuses who are intentionally TRYING to instigate religious and racial hatred in this country.

Can I say it now? Oh go on, let me... TOLD YOU SO!

The UK government should now be looking at criminalizing this group, because they have exposed themselves as being instigators of intolerance and hatred. The EDL are now officially no better than the Jihadists they claim to be against, they're just on the opposing side practicing the same antagonistic acts. They scream about a small group of religious crazies protesting against the military, then they do this.

I very much doubt the UK government will allow this to happen. If they do allow this to happen, then we need to prepare. This could very well cause a massive social shift in the UK, and I really don't want to be in the middle of that.

Time to get the bug out bag ready I think.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by christafinias

I very much doubt they will get permission to show this Film.... where would they show it anyway? I doubt a Cinema will allow it, I doubt a Council will allow it in a park (especially Walthamstow Council which is run by mostly people from the ME, Asia and Africa).

So, I think this won't go ahead although I can see a demonstration of some kind by the EDL to counter the Protests by Radical Muslims!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join