It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could War of the Words really happen?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
No doubt you have seen the movie War Of The Worlds, but can this really happen?

Im not talking about them coming down in lightening to their underground machines but Earth being invaded leaving the human race to fight.

There is alot of talk of moon bases etc online these days, and its getting more and more frequent. Do you think there is a plan in there somewhere for Earth?

Let your mind go wild and tell me what your theory is.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Maybe that's why they haven't landed yet , the air will kill them ??

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Anything is possible however, if they were going to invade, they would have done so a long time ago. At least that's what I'm thinking.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If intelligent, compatible alien life exists - compatible meaning organic beings that have finite life spans, thought as we understand it, intelligence and knowledge as we understand them, and an ability to both communicate with us and come here - were to come to Earth, then I imagine their motives would likely be detrimental to our well being.

If these beings were benign and only wanted to "know" us, share ideas with us, teach us, guide us, or any other malevolent motive one might imagine - then this could easily be done via some sort of transmission or even with unmanned craft. Seeing as how biological issues, such as the War of the Worlds cold could and probably would be a factor - then avoiding direct contact benefits all.

Oh, and one thing WOTW missed... a more highly advanced civilization would likely have technology to deal with our common cold. But we would lack the knowledge to deal with whatever bugs they might carry. And, to be frank, the idea of dying from space syphilis isn't very appealing to me - no matter how cute the green women turn out to be!

So, if they show up, IMO, they're here to steal our resources, use us as food, take our stable planet from us, use us as slave labor, turn Earth into this quadrants version of a truck stop, or all of the above.

So, I'm hoping they either don't notice us, don't care about us - think us as primitive and uninteresting as we might consider a patch of mushrooms, or they're really, really nice aliens who practice safe intergalactic friend making.

~Heff
edit on 9/16/12 by Hefficide because: typo - and, really "space syphilis gets NOTHING??? You people are jaded!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
War of the worlds possible? Yes

However, if they didn't wipe us out fairly quickly we could reverse engineer their technology and quickly use it against them. If they only managed to take out a fraction of population we would end up outmatching them due to having an understanding of their technology as well as a numerical advantage in terms of population.

Summary: If they don't curb stomp us we would most likely kick their aliens "butts".
edit on 16-9-2012 by Elzon1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

I have read somwhere on the net an article saying that our microscopic life is very potent to outsiders, killing them in hours even from what we would consider harmless bacteria, viruses, microbes etc.

In fact the article asserts, that man was a violet warlike species of interstellar proportions, and was subsequently sent here to earth as a punishment, as they thought it would end us. Instead we adapted and over came. So now they monitor us, trying to keep us quarantined, on the "world of death".

It was so named apparently, because almost all life on this world is predatory, from the macroscopic, to the microscopic. Unlike many other inhabitable worlds in the universe, where almost all life exists in a state of symbiosis. Supporting eachother, instead of killing eachother.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
One thing to think about and why aliens are not just walking among us is earth is unique to us and we can thrive. An Alien would be the same from their planet, but this doesn't mean both planets are even close in how life evolved. Go back a few billion years and earth would be an alien planet compared to as it is today. For one thing we could not live on it....our home world.

Case in point....what is one of the most destructive elements of the universe? It kills many life forms and destroys other elements or whatever it comes in contact with.... Oxygen....to us it is life, to just about everything else it is death...lol

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
I have read somwhere on the net an article saying that our microscopic life is very potent to outsiders, killing them in hours even from what we would consider harmless bacteria, viruses, microbes etc.

In fact the article asserts, that man was a violet warlike species of interstellar proportions, and was subsequently sent here to earth as a punishment, as they thought it would end us. Instead we adapted and over came. So now they monitor us, trying to keep us quarantined, on the "world of death".

It was so named apparently, because almost all life on this world is predatory, from the macroscopic, to the microscopic. Unlike many other inhabitable worlds in the universe, where almost all life exists in a state of symbiosis. Supporting eachother, instead of killing eachother.

Well since we share DNA with all life on earth...even grass as example, how far back were we placed here lol

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Your view of aliens seem kind of limited to me. Almost like they were as primitive as humans.

My view is more like aliens created us, and have both the conciousness and the technology to let us grow individually and learn as long as we dont destroy the planet. They love us unconditionally.

But there are most likely many kinds of aliens. Some may not be friendly, but seems to me that any civilization that doesnt wipe itself out is bound to have moved past killing to solve problems.

Can you imagine a civilization who has full knowledge of the different dimensions, full knowledge of the soul purpose of being in physical bodies, full technological knowledge to live in harmony with life energy itself, and possibly knowledge of millions of stars and other alien civilizations... its quite astonishing to contemplate. Im sure the universe is amazingly beautiful out there when you get past the caveman stage.

And we will.

edit on 16-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elzon1
War of the worlds possible? Yes

However, if they didn't wipe us out fairly quickly we could reverse engineer their technology and quickly use it against them. If they only managed to take out a fraction of population we would end up outmatching them due to having an understanding of their technology as well as a numerical advantage in terms of population.

Summary: If they don't curb stomp us we would most likely kick their aliens "butts".

I like the scenario in Battlefield Earth where they just rape and pillage our planet and our efforts against their ships would be like monkeys throwing sticks against a tank. The difference would be there would be no hero or happy endings....

One thing for everyone to think about...why wasn't our world plundered sometime in the past 3 billion or so years? Why would an alien race want to wait until a self-aware race evolved into 7 billion that might give them a little bit of a hard time.

The answer is that they didn't because they have never been here. If we survive from ourselves we are only talking about maybe another 10,000 years (blink in the eye of evolution) where man travels throughout our galaxy, and even if it was 100,000 years to get to this point it is still just a blink in time. Aliens are coming up on a very short window of opportunity to get er done...

I think we are still 10,000s of years away from first contact and even with that a lot of luck is needed.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Our last few probes have gotten through the Martian defences. And by now the cold viruses they carried will have wiped them out. So no, there's no chance of the Martians invading. And if they had been going to, wouldn't they have landed during the Olympics?

Any other alien life from elsewhere in the galaxy will either be so advanced it wipes us all out before we know it has arrived, or will have no intent of attacking us.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
War of the Words is already happening.
It's election season.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

If life advanced enough to reach us exists outside Earth, then I think it's possible.

But I think that the type of interaction between them and us would depend on their history and the conditions that gave them the opportunity of reaching us. How we are today is a result of the way we (as animals) are and the conditions we met during out evolution (we had stones that could be used as tools, along with a way of thinking that made us make special tools to kill other animals and humans).

If the aliens are from a planet where life is easier than it is on Earth (without the need to fight so hard to keep a species alive, like a planet where there are no predators), then I think it's likely that they didn't had the need for weapons, while if they are from a planet where life has to fight at least as hard as on Earth then I guess they have weapons as advanced as all other technology they use.

The same thing can be said about what happened in "War of the Worlds", if they came from a planet where there wasn't any independent paths of evolution, then they didn't had the problems we had when people from different continents came together, transmitting diseases that were unknown in the other places because of different evolution paths (and other circumstances). If that's the case then they may not be aware (if Earth is the first planet they find) of that danger, as it's something alien (pun intended) to them.

Once more, if they know the problem then they will be as cautious as we are, so a "War of the Worlds" scenario wouldn't happen.

For those that think that aliens put us on Earth, that situation is outside the topic of this thread, as a "War of the Worlds" scenario would never happen, as they would be the ones in control.

PS: To me, the book is much better than the movie with Tom Cruise.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
We have been invaded by at least spirits that wish to deny man's rightful place in the world.
Any other invaders are from Illuminati propaganda as a result of obtaining Tesla's ultimate free
energy physics and keeping it for themselves. Thus the true invaders in our lives that we can
see are the Illuminati followers. But how do we recognize the Illuminati followers?
Are they all dangerous? These and many more questions and information need to be
resolved.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
If intelligent, compatible alien life exists - compatible meaning organic beings that have finite life spans, thought as we understand it, intelligence and knowledge as we understand them, and an ability to both communicate with us and come here - were to come to Earth, then I imagine their motives would likely be detrimental to our well being.

If these beings were benign and only wanted to "know" us, share ideas with us, teach us, guide us, or any other malevolent motive one might imagine - then this could easily be done via some sort of transmission or even with unmanned craft. Seeing as how biological issues, such as the War of the Worlds cold could and probably would be a factor - then avoiding direct contact benefits all.

Oh, and one thing WOTW missed... a more highly advanced civilization would likely have technology to deal with our common cold. But we would lack the knowledge to deal with whatever bugs they might carry. And, to be frank, the idea of dying from space syphilis isn't very appealing to me - no matter how cute the green women turn out to be!

Perhaps. It's unlikely that viruses could jump across species with radically different genetic codes---seriously alien parasites/bacteria however might be a serious problem. We'd be in the situation of infectious diseases before antibiotics---we'd have no idea how to attack them biochemically, and we'd not have any evolved examples locally on Earth to give us hints, as the molds did for penicillin.

So, if they show up, IMO, they're here to steal our resources, use us as food, take our stable planet from us, use us as slave labor, turn Earth into this quadrants version of a truck stop, or all of the above.

Possibly, though an ET expedition might want to use their own scientific instruments and scientists and send a few people. Maybe we could be just useful for entertainment/tourism? There's also religious indoctrination as a motive.

Our only useful resources would be biological, not mineral of course. They might develop a strong desire for kangaroos, and kangaroo exporters might become as wealthy as petroleum sheiks.

So, I'm hoping they either don't notice us, don't care about us - think us as primitive and uninteresting as we might consider a patch of mushrooms, or they're really, really nice aliens who practice safe intergalactic friend making.

If there is only one powerful civilization around, I'd be scared. If there are two, or better yet more, there could be some negotiated galactic code of conduct and government which prevents excess exploitation because of balance of power issues.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
If another species was technologically advanced enough to get an entire fleet/army from their planet to ours then we would have little hope of defeating them. How far off do you think we are to having the technology to do that? We haven't even put ONE person on ANOTHER PLANET! So let's estimate conservatively, 100 years? 200? Could an army 100 or 200 years behind our current technology defeat us now? They could be MILLIONS of years ahead of us technologically. All they would have to do is kidnap a few people, study us. Create a 100% fatal, fast spreading virus and spread it around the world. They could beat us before we even knew what hit us.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

The aliens are too late. There can be no war of the worlds without Richard Burton narrating it.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
No doubt you have seen the movie War Of The Worlds, but can this really happen?

Im not talking about them coming down in lightening to their underground machines but Earth being invaded leaving the human race to fight.

Absolutely I believe it could.

Without the movie "human's win" ending.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash
If another species was technologically advanced enough to get an entire fleet/army from their planet to ours then we would have little hope of defeating them. How far off do you think we are to having the technology to do that? We haven't even put ONE person on ANOTHER PLANET!

I personally believe the "Galactic Universe" is teeming with civilizations and is as political (if not more so) then Earth/humans.

I believe the "War in Heaven" was a real war over control of Earth/humans.

I honestly think the only thing protecting us is Laws and Treaties - - - from a Galactic Federation of some kind.

We really are pretty low on the totem pole IMO.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
War of the Words?

I guess... Depends on how literate the aliens are. If we put them up against our best writers, maybe they'll have a real fight.

War of the Worlds on the other hands is IMO one of the most likely scenarios if a hostile species come here. I doubt they will be "sophisticated" about our destruction. They'll just swoop down and bomb the crap out of us - if they even care do that. If aliens come here to take natural resources I wonder if any goverment even dare to step between them. Like an ant trying to threaten a human not to step on his anthill or else. Its probably easier to just let said human walk by.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join