It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what a week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I just need to vent I suppose. but I'd like to start by saying don't let stupid petty hard feelings affect any friendship you have. Life could be so short.
Last weekend my riding friends and I went camping for a long weekend. We all have 'nice' rigs, horse trailers with full living quarters. 30-45' gooseneck rigs.
on sunday our wonderful campout ended and we headed home, about 2 hours away. We were all 3 traveling together, one right behind the other.
about an hour into the trip a young inexperienced driver in a convertible mustang fully blew through a stop sign and creamed the lead truck and trailer. So hard they jackknifed then went into a terrifying roll. they rolled 1 and 1/2 times and stopped upside down with the horse trailer on top of the truck.
I can't stop seeing it happen. To see your friends potentially die is the worst feeling in the world.
It turned out they were alive. the man got out right away but it took crews an hour to cut the woman out of the truck.
1 of their dogs was dead. another was ejected and ran from the scene. the 3rd was in the truck but OK.
We have all gone back to the scene every day looking for the missing dog, passing out flyers, walking, calling, looking. this morning he was found dead along the road, hit by a car. Such a tragic end.
But God blessed them with minimal physical injuries and the horses are OK .
My other friend and I that witnessed the horrible event are still freaked out. It was her sister, so it was extra stressful for her. And we both have discussed how horrible we react in a high stress situation like that.

So I just want to say that you never know when you're number is up. make amends, make peace. tell your friends and family you love them. Only the good die young.
and drive carefully please.

edit on 16-9-2012 by horseplay because: typos

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
How terrifying! Thank God your friends are still alive!!!! I never ever take anyone or anything for granted. You never know what may happen from one day to the next. Thanks for sharing your personal story with us.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

Wow. The horses survived a 1.5 roll in their trailer? Amazing.

How about the person in the Mustang? Did they survive?

Thanks for sharing such a experience. That had to be traumatic.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

the trailer did not roll, it broke loose from the gooseneck hitch and only the F350 rolled. the emergency stop worked well on the trailer so it just came to an abrupt stop and did not roll fortunately. but the truck rolled in the gooseneck area and stopped with the trailer on it upside down. the horses had a few minor scrapes and we had to get them out with prybars because the trailer was like twisted but they were fine. and yes, I can't 'unsee' it. just to witness such a thing is so traumatizing.
there were 3 people in the mustang, 1 did not have a seatbelt on and was in the middle of the road and I thought he was dead. I couldn't go over there I was so freaked out. the young driver and his passenger must have had seatbelts on and ended up at the bottom of a 30 foot embankment but apparently OK overall.
I read in the paper that the man survived but don't know any details.
My friend that survived said the boy only had minimum coverage which will only cover their truck, not the trailer. It's just a mess.
But thank God they are alive, hopefully this will have closure soon.
this has really changed my life.
I never wore a seat belt in my truck my whole life but now I do.
I never told my friends I loved them but now I do.
Even my Mom has been saying I love you, which at my age of 50 is something new.
You just never know when it's your turn.
what if, what if, what if. so many variables can change the turn of events of our lives in such a hurry.

sorry to babble on, thanks for listening to me.
namaste

edit on 16-9-2012 by horseplay because: (no reason given)

top topics

join