It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Shocking Quotes About What QE3 Is Going To Do To America

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

He, what is failure? for the too big to fail and the scam call the federal Reserve is not such thing as failure as long as they have the slaves called the tax payer to bail them out when they are in a pickle.

We the tax payer lose everything, the crocks increase theirs.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Dr. Paul back on top with the best quote, bar none.
I can't believe how many people are ignorant enough not to support him.
Baffles me how our best solution to this mess is constantly saying what need to be done...
Yet everyone is scared of what he could do in the POTUS position.
So he is ignored, ridiculed or laughed at instead of gaining full support.
Even though his remarks are consitantly on course with corrective action.
What he has touted for the length of his congressional career is spot on.

All I can say is that if you have the capability to pay off debt, do it now.
Keep what you "own" before the debt destroys your income completely.

Do not go further into debt by listening to luring TV ads, trends and media.
Destroy your credit cards and live within your means. Period.
And no, you don't need all that crap that requires credit to buy.
Besides a home or an auto, most things can be bought with cash.
That is the reason for income. To have the ability to buy.
The reason for credit is to make someone else money.
If you can't pay cash for something then why bother? Is it that important?
(if so then apparently your priorities are mixed up)
Why compound the existing problem?

I had this EXACT same conversation with a twenty-year-old a few weeks back -- even down to all the 'FREE CREDIT REPORT' commercials being a bunch of bull-pucky. I told her you don't NEED credit except to buy a house. She looked at me as if my head had split open and frogs had started leaping out. She wanted a "new" (to her) car. I told her to pay cash. She said she wasn't buying a new-new car, so that was okay. I said debt is debt, and if you have to use credit to buy something, you shouldn't be buying it. I could almost see the steam coming out of her ears. She was well and truly ANGRY that I was trying to tell her how bad credit was for young adults. Can you say brainwashed??

I am old enough to recall my grandparents and their tales of the Great Depression. THEY knew the value of paying cash. Somehow, all that wisdom got lost along the way. Now it's commercial after commercial touting PROTECT YOUR CREDIT RATING. FREE CREDIT REPORTS. CREDIT THIS. CREDIT THAT. Very, very disturbing.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Enough said.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOMof3
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I am not sure why I should trust any of these people. They were there, in positions of power, while all these economic mistakes were going on, so why are they so smart? Personally, I think it is simple. I think Bush got a 3am call from the bankers (or whoever represents them), that they weren't going to fund any more wars or pay for them, and their derivative schemes weren't going to work out. So now the rest of us are going to have to suck it up and pay our debts, take care of our people when we can (especially our veterans), and save the world.

According to a historian friend Hitler started killing Jewish people when the Jewish bankers refused to give Germany anymore money,
I guess this was just after Churchill had agreed to give Israel to the Jews, Churchill was actually totally beaten and the English people were starving because the German u-boats had surrounded Britain and cut off the food supply.
the Jew bankers or should it be the rothschilds offered Churchill the assistance of the Americans who were on the German side as they were fighting the Russian communists

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

ok number 3 made me furious, I can just picture that ugly prick, donald trump with his stupid limps pursed, I always hated that guy. Everyone else even #9 Bernenke are like, ya this isnt good, Berneke is talking about how they don't have the tools to fix unemployment, well not anymore!! They gave away every dime and now they are printing more money to give away to the tune of 40 billion a month? thats right isnt it?

This sickens me

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The Fed Lied, the Dollar Died

I should make some signs and go hit up washington

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
It should be called QE^infinity. The Fed will print $40 billion a month and buy assets from commercial banks and private institutions with their monopoly money until an "undetermined time" or at least until they own everything and inflation crushes the middle class. There is no stopping it. Greenspan even said that the Fed is above the President. Your President won't save you anyway tho. Democracy now is like two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. The Fed's charter expires next year so expect them to be pulling out all the stops to get their NWO situated before then.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Now though? QE-3 is just using a larger bucket to try and scoop the water out of the lifeboat as it's sinking.

I like your analogy, but I thought I'd tweak it:

It's like making a bigger bucket to scoop the water out of the ship faster, but you're making the bucket from the planks of wood that form the hull.

So yes, you'll be able to scoop more water out, but you've made the hole bigger so there's more water leaking in already - net result - you sink faster.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Not sure why they are doing this.

The US economy is expected to grow around the 2% mark, granted its not amazing but it is still growth.
With the elections coming up surly this wouldn’t be the right move, Republicans will see this as a too politicised policy measures.
And the financial markets are doing well with the SP being in a positive territory YTD.

Surly the FED cannot be that worried about the labour market in order to bash out QE3.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by felixjames20

I can see what will happen, you can see what will happen, Ron Paul, Peter Schiff and a glut of other economists can see what will happen - so you can be sure Ben Bernanke can also see what will happen.

So they have to be doing it deliberately.

The question is, what will TPTB do once it has happened?

I guess that's why they're doing it - to reach some point where they can enact some previously decided plan.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

So they have to be doing it deliberately.

There is no other explanation. Even though my husband was a big supporter of all this money being printed in the form of bailouts and QE crap, once he found out how it really works, he had a look of shock on his face, "Why would they do this?" He couldn't wrap his head around it. If our own constitution grants Congress the power to create its own debt-free money, why would we ever even want a central bank to lend us money with interest? So they have to be doing it deliberately.

These people aren't stupid. Ben Bernake isn't flipping a coin.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by felixjames20

The US economy is expected to grow around the 2% mark, granted its not amazing but it is still growth.
With the elections coming up surly this wouldn’t be the right move, Republicans will see this as a too politicised policy measures.
And the financial markets are doing well with the SP being in a positive territory YTD.

Surly the FED cannot be that worried about the labour market in order to bash out QE3.

It's interesting to note that the monthly QE is about the same as the monthly average current account trade deficit. We have to send about $40 billion of our dollars overseas each and every month if we want that stuff to keep coming in for the Walmart stores, oil and so on.

The reason for the ongoing QE could be that there is not enough new US debt being purchased by foreign entities so the local banks are being given new dollars in exchange for their MBS, the banks can then put these new dollars into U.S. debt allowing the trade deficit to continue.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
We need to follow Icelands example.

Start arresting bankers, starting with the FED.

I agree. Why hasn't Obama looked to Iceland's strategy and adopted it as his own? Maybe because he would have to fire half his staff and prosecute them because they all came from Wall Street and were involved in the crisis?
edit on 17-9-2012 by texasgirl because: Added a word

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

This has been going on for a long, long time. Globalization has indeed made the average American feel not quite so bad off (the Walmart effect), but even that is now changing. The truth is that in real terms, I make 1/4 of what my father made at the same age. But he didn't have HDTV, computers, and cheap goods from China, so looking back at his life, he didn't seem richer than me.

The reality, however, is that the debt spiral necessitates devaluation. The only way we can keep things afloat is to print the money to pay off our bonds. Personally, I have positioned myself by taking out the biggest mortgage loan possible at a low, fixed rate, put all of my investments in vehicles that tend to benefit from inflation, and have a job that is paid by commission on products whose prices will rise with the fall of the dollar. This is how you defend yourself against the effects of inflation.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
great article came out yesterday for anyone that didn't get a chance to view it.

Infinite quantitative easing (QE3) now initiated; the final chapter of America's financial blowout has begun

Steal from the poor to give to the rich
Quantitative easing, you see, is essentially the Federal Reserve creating money and then handing it to the richest banks. Meanwhile, all that new money floating around erodes the value of the dollars in the hands of the working taxpayers. So their grocery bills go up. Their fuel costs go up. Their daycare costs increase and their utility bills creep ever skyward.

But the rich banksters are simultaneously rolling in FREE Fed cash, and instead of actually lending this money out and doing something useful with it, they crank up their own executive bonuses to make sure they get paid while the rest of the economy crumbles. And why? It's simple: Because people are crooks, and if they get handed $40 billion a month in free money, they're just going to grin and say, "How can we get MORE?"

That's the credo of the banks: MORE!

www.naturalnews.com...

that's just a snippet from it but i think it really hits home with how the author lays it out in easy to understand laymen's terms.

edit on 17-9-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
On the one hand the Velocity of Money is still stagnant (it takes the Money Supply to circulate
[ie, MS x V] to create Inflation....) altho the expectation of same will be higher simply on the increase to the MS. On the other hand how will they be able to drain this liquidity without throwing the economy into another tailspin when Inflation does become a problem (ie, selling assets, raising rates)??
edit on 17-9-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
We need to follow Icelands example.

Start arresting bankers, starting with the FED.

Agreed but with a population unwilling to stand up against the private federal reserve we will not see this happen anytime soon! It seems that the USA has lost the spirit that gave us our freedom over 200 years ago!
Today we all think someone will come and save us! Like an Obama or a Romney! Too bad all the candidates are baught and paid for just like the rest of the bureaucracy! There are too many people so enthralled with making ends meet that they are not aware of what's really happening in the world! This is why we need to get out there to the public and inform them of what is happening to their country, what will happen if it continues and what we can do about it! If we fail the price will be damnation here on earth and afterwards! I feel we are running out of time! Too many of us are waiting for something to happen meanwhile the bankers are laughing at our idleness!
Please don't bail out on your bretheren because we are each others only hope! We are the real power and the bankers know it! Why do you think they work so hard to keep us in the dark, ill informed and united against a common enemy? This is the recipe for our demise now it's time to spike the recipe before we wake with food poisoning!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
On the one hand the Velocity of Money is still stagnant (it takes the Money Supply to circulate
[ie, MS x V] to create Inflation....) altho the expectation of same will be higher simply on the increase to the MS. On the other hand how will they be able to drain this liquidity without throwing the economy into another tailspin when Inflation does become a problem (ie, selling assets, raising rates)??
edit on 17-9-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

it's only stagnant to the people and even then it's not stagnant it's reducing through devaluation. it's flowing quite well to the banks and elite who are tied to them. when inflation begins to raise it won't be able to be stopped by any conventional means since, in our case, it's unprecedented in history.

i see this system breaking down under it's own weight and maybe when the dust settles we can make something better out of it.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
One of the reasons the Dollar is in a pickle is because of how much is needed to get a barrel of oil.

If the Secretary of Energy came out tomorrow and said "We have developed the capability of creating usable amounts of Anti-Matter".........."We have 5 kilograms in storage right now and now have the capability to create great amounts"......

All of the sudden every other countries currency on the planet becomes worth......what WE say it's worth.

You don't have to worry about anything. Trust me.
edit on 17-9-2012 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Nail, meet hammer...

BANG!

The conversion to an all electronic monetary system is what bothers me the most. You would no longer have ANY real control over your own $ if you have nothing physical to hang on to.
That would be the essence of total and complete enslavement.

Even more worrisome, I think a majority of people would actually welcome a system like that as it would seem convenient to them... even if they put it to a vote right now - nationwide - it would pass I bet you.

It's like asking someone if they'd wish to be your slave and you say "absolutely! let me get the chains!"

So with respect to the OP, I don't find any of this "shocking". The most troubling part, as I said, is the fact that people are so jaded by the way things work now, it's going to have to completely fall apart before anything really changes... even then, a portion of the populace will still fight tooth and nail for a system which brought them and their families to the brink of elimination in the first place.

"pumping" money into the economy. I like that. What do people not understand about balloons? They only take so much air and then boom.

Also like the comment earlier regarding buying toilet paper and soap instead of "precious metals"

wise advice

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join