It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Personal Name Theory

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If I ever have a daughter, I'm going to name her Cheryl because I love Cheryl Cole so much.
And because it's a pretty name that isn't given that often in this day and age.
edit on 26-1-2013 by lampsalot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Does anyone else have any thoughts on this matter?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I went to high school with a Jasmine who dated my best friend for a few years. We saw her a few years later and she had become a stripper. She always was um affectionate... she even "joked" around about hooking up with me but I knew my friend was in love with her. But she was very beautiful but liked bad boys and while my friend and I were pretty bad, she wanted worse. Does that sound like any Jasmine anyone here knows?

I think there is definitely something to this. You go around hearing and reacting to the same combination of sound waves your whole life, it has to effect you. Have you ever heard someone say "I hate guys named Josh" or a girl says "I've had 4 guys named Mike cheat on me, no more Mikes!". Which, in that case, Josh's and Mikes are not necessarily bad people but maybe they just so not go very well together with the speaker. Like a bad horoscope match. Like I have heard with some horoscope matches there is a good chance one person will take advantage of the other somehow like it's just in their nature when they are around certain types. They should work on that but it doesn't necessarily mean they are evil towards everyone but they just shouldn't be in a relationship with certain people. So maybe it could be true with names. I've heard names, birthday numerology, horoscope, number of letters in your name and all kinds of different things can shape your personality in its own way.

Then there's the issue of "tough" names, like I dunno, Rusty or Jake or Chad. You never find a scrawny weak guy named Rusty, Jake or Chad. Well, that's how it used to be... now we have a world where guys named Shawn are beating up guys named Chad, and I don't wanna live in that world!

haha just kidding. Fun topic though. Of course I am not closed minded enough to think people can't be different and chances are that our perceptions on names were shaped in the media and mythology and we also just remember the two Joes who were similar more than the other two who are totally different. (Guys named Joe are usually good guys though. I got a cousin named Joe.)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Oh! I just found this thread...I believe the same theory, lol!

I've wondered if sometimes we get an 'impression' in our subconscious, about a name...due to our first encounter with someone with that name?
Do we meet our first Dave...think he's funny...and then unknowingly 'assume' that all Daves are funny?
But I HAVE noticed similarities in personality/demeanor with people who have the same name.

I've also sometimes noticed that some people REALLY don't look like their name. Why do we imagine what a person looks like, only from their name? Does Nigel sound like a bodybuilder...or a musician?
It's all really interesting, glad this thread was revived!

jacygirl

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join