It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims protest in Sydney, Australia

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Time to go home you guys...i am sure you will be appreciated in your own land....if it is free to practise your spiritual ideas,....good ..why come to this place and make a mess of things..we have our own problems to sort out and religous crap is not one of them...aussie soldiers are dying in places that they should not be..they are trying to better things for the innocent..if our gutless politicians had any go in them they would have them home in jiff...even the russians gave up on these lands years ago and they wernt known for diplomacy in those times..i feel these people have been involved in warlike activities for thousands of years..they will not stop soon....yes all you do gooders go over and live there if it looks good....remember if this ruins our country we can blame all of you and our political leaders for it all...Politicians should be on the front line in any conflict...i am sure we would some calming down on all sides...................

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
You say it's time for them to go home.

You do realise a lot of them were actually born in this country?

Joking, but maybe we should do what we did to the aboriginals (And don't hate me for this, as i'm joking around some what, as the stolen genweration was a very bad thing).

If you're going to raise a kid with beliefs that are so far away from what is Australian, then they should all have your kids taken away and raised up proper.

I'm personally more worried about the kids coming from the ones that are second, third generation. I mean just look at this girl who held up the banner. A child from a 25 year old mother, most probably born here too. The hate is going to breed more hate and they are going to get so lost in the culture that only bad things will come for them.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
yes many people are born here from many countries and how many of them are causing problems....they are now part of this country and are happy with it and could care less about everybodies spiritual standing and maybe even have a feeling of peace... somthing which all of us australians are used and would love to keep

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JamesGC

The mother and children in the photo that has gone world wide were NOT BORN HERE. they arrived from jordon in 2010.

one point i would like to bring up. anyone who has travelled overseas knows that feeling of missing the "home land". i remember having tears in my eyes of pride when i was circling over sydney waiting to land and thinking finally im safe home. i understand this feeling.

BUT....what i dont understand is that many middle easterners have this exact feeling about their birthland or their parents birthland, yet still choose to live here. if its that great, then MOVE BACK.

why wont they. and i know i will get hammered for this but, a lot of it has to do with the government assistance they get. many muslims have 10 kids. 10 x $5000 just for giving birth....$50,000. right from the moment that child draws its first breathe they can claim till that child leaves home. our medicare system....free health cover in first class hospitals as opposed to paying for what would not even pass for an animal hospital here.

the following is a TRUE senario. middle eastern family move here....maybe one child already. dad stages a car accident with a fellow family member or friend. goes on sickness benefits till he gets his payout. mum pops out a child almost every year for a bonus $5000 per child, and lives on family benefits.

they need to be told you cant have your cake...and eat it too.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by AussieDingus

Islam is not the biggest religion in the world, but with over 1.5 billion adherents it is in the top three. It does have a problem with extremism, however, which was the audience targeted with this film clip. I have little doubt that it was TPTB that have orchestrated this whole situation to turn us against each other as you put it.

Nevertheless, the behaviour displayed by those protestors is incompatible with the values and social norms of people living in Australia and should be condemned. Individuals with mindsets and behaviour patterns such as these do not deserve the benefits and privileges that come with living in Australia.

Yes, it is essential to examine the cause-and-effect series of events, but let us not excuse behaviour that has no place in a civilised society.

edit on 18/9/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

My apologies, I should of wrote it's the fastest growing religion [from what i've read and heard], not the biggest. Thanks for the correction.

And yes, Islam does seem to have more extremists at this point in time. And in other points of time, other religions had more than their fair share of extremists too. I guess the Crusades would prove this right ? And i noticed the all the outrage about the child holding the beheading sign, but when i see footage of extremist Christian kids in the south of America holding signs saying "kill all fags", "kill the blacks and Jews", God hates fags", "abortion is murder" etc, i see or hear little outrage or mainstream media coverage.
I believe the parents of the kids holding signs in both examples i gave, should be banned from ever having more children, as they clearly have zero parenting skills.

The behaviour of SOME of the protesters was inexcusable, as was some of the actions i saw from SOME of the police. Yet i was no more appalled by these scenes then what i was by the scenes at Cronulla a few years ago, which was carried out mainly by white Australians [which i am classed as, for the record], yet wasn't their behaviour what we class as "un-Australian" ?
Do any of the people involved at Cronulla recieve benefits or privileges for living in this country, when their behaviour was no better, and just as un-Australian ?
There will always be a small number of trouble makers in every group, with nothing else in mind other than causing trouble, just as we had in these recent protests, and just as we had in Cronulla.
If we look at from a bigger picture, we'll see that its been happening over and over and we'll realise that its hapening in circles and cycles and we'll see the bigger picture. But when we look at these incidents with blinkers on, we only see and re-act to that one incident. And thats where the media comes in to play their role of turning us against each other and wanting us to pick sides like its a game, well it IS actually a game for those making the rules, but most of the players [society] don't realise they're being played, so the arguing sides keep on arguing because their team is better then the other team, and it goes on and on !
Both sides seem to go down the same road over and over without realising it, which reminds me of a definition of insanity................
"To do the same thing over an over, but expect a different outcome each time !"

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Do they make these signs for those at the Cronulla riots as well ? Because that was clearly better and more "Australian" behaviour, wasn't it !

Facepalm at the ignorance and selective memories of my fellow countrymen !

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join