Muslims protest in Sydney, Australia

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by facchino
I for one will not have my children growing up in a country where this stone age religion has any kind of an influence, nor its hate filled practictioners.

Well you are welcome to leave...

I loathe islam and all it stands for. There you go, that is my opinion formed through seeing all the things going on with this backwards "faith"

...just dont come here and bring your hate

I see no other religion striving to dominate countries it has come to as an immigrant faith

Chrstianity much? Christian missions have been travelling around the world trying to convert local cultures to their religion, I guess you must be forgetting this?

I see no other religion reacting with such venom, when they feel they have been wronged

I dont pay much attention to Christian fundimentalists either, but I assure you the venom is there!

I see no other religion stating, quite clearly, their aim to impose their will on their new found countries.

Like the US has been doing in the middle east in recent years? Open your eyes!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

They sure aren't beating up lifeguards any more though, are they?
edit on 17-9-2012 by Nightwalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz

Originally posted by facchino
I for one will not have my children growing up in a country where this stone age religion has any kind of an influence, nor its hate filled practictioners.

Well you are welcome to leave...

I loathe islam and all it stands for. There you go, that is my opinion formed through seeing all the things going on with this backwards "faith"

...just dont come here and bring your hate

I see no other religion striving to dominate countries it has come to as an immigrant faith

Chrstianity much? Christian missions have been travelling around the world trying to convert local cultures to their religion, I guess you must be forgetting this?

I see no other religion reacting with such venom, when they feel they have been wronged

I dont pay much attention to Christian fundimentalists either, but I assure you the venom is there!

I see no other religion stating, quite clearly, their aim to impose their will on their new found countries.

Like the US has been doing in the middle east in recent years? Open your eyes!

I am in the UK, and going nowhere. It is not me that is the alien culture in this country.
The hate is based on what I see going on around me - which if you opened your eyes you would too. Or are you someone who would make someone a drink if they broke into your house, because we cannot have any hate now can we.
Christians calling for all non christians to burn in hell, cannot say I see that going on anywhere? care to enlighten me? I am sure all religions have an interest in getting others to join - but the agression and hate filled Islamic religion seems to operate and behave in a far more despicable method than any other...
The US, to the best of my knowledge, is not a "religion". It is a war mongering country, and very wrong in its approach to the middle east. Yet does that give these scum the right to perform as they are, in countries that initially welcome them in. I don't believe so.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
This violence and protest is spreading across the globe and I honestly think that we will see terrorist attacks against the west and western interests.

So who made this movie? They knew full well it would provoke this reaction after the threats that guy received just for his cartoon of their prophet.

Seems like someone is desperately trying to get muslims to throw a punch...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Since you seem to have all the answers..

If or when they take it up a notch, do we have the right to defend ourselves from the radical islamics or any other group that charges down a city street with intent to kill or maim?

You seem to be only defending these people or their rights, but what about their potential victims and their rights?

Do we have the right to prevent anyone from becoming a victim of a mob rage on our streets before it happens?

We know they will not stop until they get what they want and they will get more violent.. So how do we stop it from happening?

If law won't allow us to be rid of them and the law won't allow us to prevent them from protesting and becoming violent, then how do we deal with them?

edit on 9/17/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by detachedindividual

reply to post by mideast

wonder if the apologists will ever admit to any wrongdoing being done?....or will it always be a lets switch things over to Christianity....or some other excuse.

Here is some video footage:

Islam really needs to "fix" the extremists in their midst before anyone is going to take "Religion of Peace" seriously.
edit on 16-9-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

To be fair in this debate,the guy at the end of this clip was not even remotely middle eastern.

The fact remains, professional agitators are everywhere.

AND BEFORE YOU SLAP ME..... I detest the actions of a minority of piss-poor idiots that came here with the implicit goal of converting our ( rapidly diminishing) tolerant country into the cesspool from where they seek and are most likely given, political asylum.

Most Muslims seem to me to be fair minded and grateful........ others get my f*%^#g goat.... and there will be no love lost.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
reply to post by cartenz

Since you seem to have all the answers..

I never claimed to...

If or when they take it up a notch, do we have the right to defend ourselves from the radical Islamist or any other group that charges down a city street with intent to kill or maim?

If you are asking for legal advice; By LAW I can not offer it. You do have a right to defend yourself with equal, or lesser force. Example: Angry mob sees you, singles you out, and begins to attack you--you have the right to fight back. It would be irresponsible for me to suggest that any action on your part would be immune from prosecution, as courts will look at the facts of the case.

You seem to be only defending these people or their rights, but what about their potential victims and their rights?

Thats the point that you are missing. Im trying to defend the rights we ALL HAVE. You cant take rights away from one group, rule of law is that it applies to all equally. As to "Potential" victims rights, in the absence of a criminal act, there is no victim, so your point is moot.

Do we have the right to prevent anyone from becoming a victim of a mob rage on our streets before it happens?

Yes, but only to the extent of the law, ie: you cant just lock away people who you suspect might be potential threats, that is not your job citizen.

We know they will not stop until they get what they want and they will get more violent.. So how do we stop it from happening?

How do you know that? Because talk-back radio said it? Andrew Bolt blogged about it?--you dont know that! If there is potential for violence, it is the role of those with the relevant statutory authority (AFP, ASsIO, ASsIS) to follow up, not the vigilante.

If law won't allow us to be rid of them and the law won't allow us to prevent them from protesting and becoming violent, then how do we deal with them?

Challenge your prejudices--go have a BBQ with them

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by comfortablynumb

... I think DOCS should get involved with those parents. For two reasons, you've brought a child to what is a violent protest, though it's hard to tell if was still a peaceful protest at that point; and two for making your child hold that sign up. I mean, sure, they aren't hurting the child directly, the child doesn't know, but clearly there are deeper issues when someone gets their child to hold up a placard such as that above.

Turns out, I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Coalition MP George Christensen has suggested that the small child who held up a sign which read "behead all those who insult the prophet" during weekend protests should be put in the care of "better people". The Queensland MP said that authorities should track down the parents of the child "immediately" - as they would when another child was exposed to "such a violent upbringing".

Source

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
havent read the entire thread so forgive me if its old info....

1/. it was announced yesterday that DoCS is now involved in investigating the parents of the children at the protest. i have been told that in the beginning there were lots of kids there. the police warned families that it was advisable to take children away immediately in case of trouble. i believe most mothers with kids left but the ones photographed with the "behead" sign stayed along with a couple of others and they will now be investigated.

2/. there was a lot of talk last night about the bandanan's/t-shirts/signs mentioning the 6th pillar. lots of debate now about what this actually means....can anyone here shed some light ???

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl

2/. there was a lot of talk last night about the bandanan's/t-shirts/signs mentioning the 6th pillar. lots of debate now about what this actually means....can anyone here shed some light ???

In Sunni Islam their the 5 Pillars of Islam, these are the tenants a muslim must follow to be muslim, they include prayer, fasting during Ramadan, Haj (pilgrimage to Mecca) and I forget what else, Im not muslim

then we have these Shia Islamists, they are a different sect; Kind of like comparing Catholics to Mormons. They have this 6th pillar, which is "Jihad", but it does not mean a literal Holy War it is a figurative struggle the muslim must face to remain "pure". Yes that message has been corrupted by those with agendas, but it still does not make Shia or Islam at large a people out for war.

I spent too long in the middle east

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Pathetic trying to compare current day Christianity to current day Islam....not even close.

Lets hear it once, do you support what those protestors are doing?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by cartenz

Pathetic trying to compare current day Christianity to current day Islam....not even close.

I was trying to illustrate that there are different sects of islam, just as there are different sects of Christianity, I was in no way comparing them to each other. But I will now, Sunni is like RC and Shia is like the Mormons--two completely different religions that are not compatible with eachother, yet they are both "christian". Happy now I have made your post a little more factually correct

Lets hear it once, do you support what those protestors are doing?

I support the right to protest, I have made this clear throughout the thread.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
This violence and protest is spreading across the globe and I honestly think that we will see terrorist attacks against the west and western interests.

So who made this movie? They knew full well it would provoke this reaction after the threats that guy received just for his cartoon of their prophet.

Seems like someone is desperately trying to get muslims to throw a punch...

Exactly right. thats the question I've been asking all along....................why make the movie knowing it would only offend the biggest religion in the world ? Did we really need all this outrage and re-action just for the sake of some making a movie. Just another classic example of how the powers that be turn us against each other.

Its like how parents these days always say to their fighting kids "i don't care who started it", but i believe we should always look at the first incident and look at why it happened, because without the first incident occurring, there would be no need for a 2nd, 3rd or 4th incident. And in this case, the first incident was the movie being made. Everything that happened from that point was a result of that movie. The Muslim's protesting, the police officers injured, the media beat up, are all a result of the video being made and events leading into each other after the first incident.

So again i ask the question..................WHY make the movie ???????

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve1709
reply to post by cartenz

cartenz, just read one of your posts. A few points. You seem to know a bit about stats. eg % of muslims etc. In a few generations time, when this insideous(sp?) religion gains a foothold in Australia, our grandkids and great grandkids will be asking with stunned bewilderment, "why didn't out ancestors see this coming and do something about it.

Its not hard to google

And regarding only being able to deport those not born here, fair enough, but those "home grown" muzzie maggot potential terrorists could be herded up and put in a dry, baren, harsh compound with only basic necessities. No lap tops no mobile phones nothing, nada, ziltch, zip that is not needed for basic existence.

Sounds similar to what happened in Europe to in the 1930's and 40's--lots of people who were of a different religion were rounded up and I think you know the rest; If not google "Nazi Concentration Camps"

And yes! that SHOULD be legislated. As both sides of the political coin are saying, NOT IN AUSTRALIA. I reckon even the politicians (who choose their words carefully) are probably muttering a few profanities under their breaths.

Bipartisan support for the lowest common denominator of Australian values... I doubt any SERIOUS lawmakers or statesmen (Kirby, Frazer, et al) would support such laws.

Here and there we are now seeing people hinting at sharia law for even here in Oz. At least MY future generations won't be ashamed of their ancestors. At least I am showing that I don't want this pathetic dogma to gain a foothold here.

So you plan on breeding neo-nazis? I consider that child abuse.

If you are muslim, even a "peaceful" muslim, (that is quietly sitting back and letting the radicals get away with their garbage) may I respectfully ask that you go and live in a muslim country? If you're 20c short of your fair there, let me know and I'll send you 40c so you can take a muzzie buddy with you.

If I wasnt muslim would you still want me to leave this country? Im Jewish, I know what happens when we start persecuting people based on their religion.

religion of peace -- -- blah!!!

Nation of tolerance -- -- blah!!!

Re google: top answer, or should I say useless
Re 30's and 40's camps: Those people weren't of a pathetic warmongering culture whose prophet lived and ruled by the sword
Re legislation and your choice of Frazer: when the middle class and lower class were doing it tough, it is on public record that his opinion was "life wasn't meant to be easy" so good choice for your example
Re Neo nazis? hmmmm look at the sign you changed. Didn't it say something about beheading before you changed it? But to your comment, no, I wouldn't even let my kids be brainwashed by attending scripture classes because imo they were not old enough to form educated opinions so that sort of stuff was not encouraged until they were old enough to make their own choices
Re if you were not muslim. Well if you agree with their violent protests then blood oath, get out of this country. Or are you playing the jewish card to (as some might allude to - not saying me though in case you want to dummy spit at me)) try and get a bit more of a deal?
Re nation of tolerance -- blah!! : I don't suffer fools easily so that goes for those mongrel protesters and anybody who supports them. You stood on your soapbox in an earlier post bragging the you support any body's right to protest. What you left out was ONE WORD ....... peacefully. So if you won't go along with that one word, then YES rack off!!!
Oh one more thing, you suggested to another poster to try and throw off attitudes by inviting some of them to a BBQ. OK I'll bring the pork sausages

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

In Sunni Islam their the 5 Pillars of Islam, these are the tenants a muslim must follow to be muslim, they include prayer, fasting during Ramadan, Haj (pilgrimage to Mecca) and I forget what else, Im not muslim

That would be declaration of faith and giving alms to the poor and needy.

then we have these Shia Islamists, they are a different sect; Kind of like comparing Catholics to Mormons. They have this 6th pillar, which is "Jihad", but it does not mean a literal Holy War it is a figurative struggle the muslim must face to remain "pure". Yes that message has been corrupted by those with agendas, but it still does not make Shia or Islam at large a people out for war.

I spent too long in the middle east

For someone who is not a Muslim you sure as hell do sound like one. Stop with the shilling geez

According to the authoritative Dictionary of Islam jihad is defined as: "A religious war with those who are unbelievers in the mission of Muhammad ... enjoined especially for the purpose of advancing Islam and repelling evil from Muslims.The prominent British-American orientalist Bernard Lewis argues that in the hadiths and the classical manuals of Islamic law jihad has a military meaning in the large majority of cases. In a commentary of the hadith Sahih Muslim, entitled al-Minhaj, the medieval Islamic scholar Yahya ibn Sharaf al-Nawawi stated that "one of the collective duties of the community as a whole (fard kifaya) is to lodge a valid protest, to solve problems of religion, to have knowledge of Divine Law, to command what is right and forbid wrong conduct". An accurate interpretation of the concept of Jihad is provided by the BBC about how Muslims describe three different types of struggles
A believer's internal struggle to live out the Muslim faith as well as possible
The struggle to build a good Muslim society
Holy war: the struggle to defend Islam, with force if necessary

The second; struggle to build a good Muslim society is the stage we are now in, the protests are used to set up a good Muslim society. Holy Whale help us all.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieDingus

Islam is not the biggest religion in the world, but with over 1.5 billion adherents it is in the top three. It does have a problem with extremism, however, which was the audience targeted with this film clip. I have little doubt that it was TPTB that have orchestrated this whole situation to turn us against each other as you put it.

Nevertheless, the behaviour displayed by those protestors is incompatible with the values and social norms of people living in Australia and should be condemned. Individuals with mindsets and behaviour patterns such as these do not deserve the benefits and privileges that come with living in Australia.

Yes, it is essential to examine the cause-and-effect series of events, but let us not excuse behaviour that has no place in a civilised society.

edit on 18/9/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
havent read the entire thread so forgive me if its old info....

1/. it was announced yesterday that DoCS is now involved in investigating the parents of the children at the protest. i have been told that in the beginning there were lots of kids there. the police warned families that it was advisable to take children away immediately in case of trouble. i believe most mothers with kids left but the ones photographed with the "behead" sign stayed along with a couple of others and they will now be investigated.

This morning, ABC24 said that she had contacted police and stepped up. After which they questioned her and the familiy and that no further acton will take place.

Though, i'm sure government will look further into this so they can prolong this as long as possible (as the media is still talking about 24/7 still)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JamesGC

I am hoping that our government is looking into this to ensure that it does not happen again.

Not sure about prolonging it. It needs to be nipped in the bud right now.

Regardless of some media agendas this is not one of the milking for profit events.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
but didn't Mohammed marry a 6 year old girl and sleep with her from when she was 9 years old until the day he died when the poor thing was only 15? i read that she was his favourite wife...

so is it offensive to call a paediphile a paediphile now?

i mean, it's in the Koran that he did that. So what are they so upset about? someone telling the truth?

because in this day and age we sort of disapprove of paediphiles sleeping with children. In Western countries. And we make fun of people who do that kind of thing.

And if you don't like it, LEAVE. And stop trying to push your outdated, violent, sick ideas onto the rest of us. Join the modern world or go back to your own medieval one.

And that's my right to freedom of speech, since they are doing plenty of exercising theirs apparently...

And no, we will NOT tolerate sharia law courts in this country.
We will NOT tolerate child marriages here no matter what the Koran says.

And no matter what the UK citizens have allowed to occur over there. (I.e. the muslim churches are being used to marry young girls of 9 and 12 to old men in the UK in contravention of UK law; and they have sharia law courts set up over there.)

edit on 18-9-2012 by rapunzel222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Oh and take the Burka with you.

we don't have sand storms here that often. it was created to be worn by bedouins in sandstorms.

then later used to segregate and oppress women in a medieval culture.

it has nothing to do with religion actually. you can dress modestly as a muslim woman without the burka.

it's a symbol of the suppression of women which this country doesn't approve of; and which women here and in the west fought against years ago.

and i'm damned if i'm going to be dragged back into the middle ages for the sake of someone's religious views.

if muslims want to live here they can abide by australian customs and beliefs and our customs and beliefs say women here can show their faces, drive, shop without a shaperone, arrange their own marriage when they are at a legal age, vote and so on...

if i went to saudia arabia and walked down the street in a bikini, i would be put in jail/stoned/attacked/probably raped.

so why shoudl they be able to do what they want over here?

to me seeing a women in a full burka with face covered is more offensive than if she had gone nude in front of me.

it's a slap in the face to women who went before us and fought for equal rights with men.

new topics
top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join