It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama does NOT look happy.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I've seen this film clip twice today, most recently on msnbc about ten minutes ago, and it speaks volumes. The scene is an air base somewhere in America, the occasion is the solemn return of US citizens who were killed in the embassy attacks. President Obama is speaking to the media from a podium, he seems more angry than sad at the moment. Behind him and to his left is Hillary, wearing a black dress, looking down and looking old.
As the President finishes his remarks he steps back from the podium and to his right, from his left comes the outstretched hand of Hillary, it looks like she wants to hold hands in a phony display of solidarity, it goes badly.
Obama reaches over and quickly shakes her hand for about half a second, lets go, and looks straight ahead.
I don't care what anyone thinks, that is a good man, surrounded by bad people.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Perhaps we can get a clip of this?
Anyone....? Anyone.....?
Bueller....?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

edit on 15-9-2012 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Maybe he is a good man but he isn't a good president. He is supposed to be running the #ing show! Well Mr. President I say it's time to grow a pair!

I'm sure he's pissed because if he doesn't do something about this then he's going to be in the unemployment line with his fellow Americans.

The man has nobody to blame but himself. He's had 3+ years and all he's managed to do is make our allies angry and our enemies confident!

It's time for a change...............next...........oh hello Mr. Romney.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I don't know, after Romney stated that he secretly likes "Snookie", I'm about to change my mind about him and vote for Ron Paul.

It all boils down to only Romney and Obama.

Just like with McCain and Obama.

Guess what, it's all a fiasco and Obama will win again.

Won't be much of a competition either way. Just a pony show as usual.

Neither are good candidates if you ask me and it will be a rigged election, just like with McCain. So, really what's the point voting in again.

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.
edit on 15-9-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I just find it dumbfounding that people think Romney, Paul or anyone else would make a damn bit of difference..When will people get it through their thick skulls the president is not the ultimate power..People act like he can flip a switch and make everything rainbows and roses..That's just not how the government works...People should really stop blaming the dude for everything that happens..The president is the poster child when everything is going fine and the whipping boy when things don't go well...People need to start taking a long, hard look at the Senate and Congress if they wanna rage on people in power

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
I've seen this film clip twice today, most recently on msnbc about ten minutes ago, and it speaks volumes. The scene is an air base somewhere in America, the occasion is the solemn return of US citizens who were killed in the embassy attacks. President Obama is speaking to the media from a podium, he seems more angry than sad at the moment. Behind him and to his left is Hillary, wearing a black dress, looking down and looking old.
As the President finishes his remarks he steps back from the podium and to his right, from his left comes the outstretched hand of Hillary, it looks like she wants to hold hands in a phony display of solidarity, it goes badly.
Obama reaches over and quickly shakes her hand for about half a second, lets go, and looks straight ahead.

I've watched the end of his speech on your clip 6 times and can't detect any hand movement of Hillary or a handshake between them. :pus: I do agree with other things your said in this post.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
I just find it dumbfounding that people think Romney, Paul or anyone else would make a damn bit of difference..When will people get it through their thick skulls the president is not the ultimate power..People act like he can flip a switch and make everything rainbows and roses..That's just not how the government works...People should really stop blaming the dude for everything that happens..The president is the poster child when everything is going fine and the whipping boy when things don't go well...People need to start taking a long, hard look at the Senate and Congress if they wanna rage on people in power

I think you can sum up what it means to be President in the clip of GW in the classroom after they told him a plane hit the first tower. Stunned disbelief, and the realization that the car has no steering wheel. Maybe the reason he sat there for seven minutes is because he was afraid to move. That was probably the last time in his presidency he felt safe, sitting on that little chair, surrounded by children.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

I've watched the end of his speech on your clip 6 times and can't detect any hand movement of Hillary or a handshake between them. :pus: I do agree with other things your said in this post.

That isn't the right clip. The speech I'm talking about was at Andrews air force base I believe, he was giving it from inside an airplane hanger with a blue or grey metal roof overhead.
I apologize for not posting a video, I still can't post photos right.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by cavalryscout

I don't know, after Romney stated that he secretly likes "Snookie", I'm about to change my mind about him and vote for Ron Paul.

It all boils down to only Romney and Obama.

Just like with McCain and Obama.

Guess what, it's all a fiasco and Obama will win again.

Won't be much of a competition either way. Just a pony show as usual.

Neither are good candidates if you ask me and it will be a rigged election, just like with McCain. So, really what's the point voting in again.

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.
edit on 15-9-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Its not even about whether its romney or obama.. its about healthcare and power...

Its funny to talk to most people that like Romney, they say most the time its because he wants to repeal obamacare... But this is not what he says.... he says he wants to repeal and REPLACE which means its not going away.

You have all been DUPED america

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I think this is the video you are talking about.
A handshake at the end.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

As much as I'd like Ron Paul to be president, I really hope you dont waste your vote on him. think about it, the race is between Romney and Obama, every vote for Paul is one less vote for Romney, which will lead to obama's reelection. we live in a twisted world where politics will always be a double edged sword.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Who cares! The U.S. ambassador was just a loyal servant to the ruling elite. I'd like to see all those who sell out humankind for the banksters meet a similar fate. It is what they deserve. Call it karma. Obama is as bad as any of them. "Change"? Change of the worst kind.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
A good man surrounded by bad people? Try "Dial 'O' for Murder: Voter Fraud, Intimidation, and Murder in the Obama 2008 Campaign Dial 'O' for Murder: Voter Fraud, Intimidation, and Murder in the Obama 2008 Campaign

Good man? Personally, I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tzdub

As much as I'd like Ron Paul to be president, I really hope you dont waste your vote on him. think about it, the race is between Romney and Obama, every vote for Paul is one less vote for Romney, which will lead to obama's reelection. we live in a twisted world where politics will always be a double edged sword.

Really? This says otherwise:

Rasmussen: Ron Paul Presidential Bid Would Hurt Obama

And who cares even if it did lead to Obama's reelection? Do you just prefer to have a red police state/financial collapse/endless wars as opposed to a blue police state/financial collapse/endless wars?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm still voting for Romney only because of that. Not that I want too.
edit on 16-9-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

Maybe he is a good man but he isn't a good president. He is supposed to be running the #ing show! Well Mr. President I say it's time to grow a pair!

I'm sure he's pissed because if he doesn't do something about this then he's going to be in the unemployment line with his fellow Americans.

The man has nobody to blame but himself. He's had 3+ years and all he's managed to do is make our allies angry and our enemies confident!

It's time for a change...............next...........oh hello Mr. Romney.

The Middle East isn't our enemy...Langley, VA is.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Yeah, I'm still voting for Romney only because of that. Not that I want too.
edit on 16-9-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

The only wasted vote is one for a Republican or a Democrat. What was it that Ron Paul used to say about voting for the lesser of two evils?

Vote for Gary Johnson...at least you'll be able to look yourself in the mirror later.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf

Exactly. Do something productive and vote for Gary Johnson. If the Libertarian Party pulls 5-15% of the popular vote for three consecutive election cycles, people will begin to see it as a viable alternative. That's good for the presidency...but where it will ACTUALLY do some good is at the Congressional and State level.

Nothing will ever, ever, EVER get better so long as we keep voting for only Republicans and Democrats.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

That isn't quite accurate. A lot of Obama voters were people who had seen Neoconservatism take over the Republican partyy over the past 30 years, and went for Obama hoping that, like Clinton, he would hold closer to actual core conservative values than the Republicans had. A Republican party which believes the government should rule over persoNl choice, who advocates foreign entanglements, and who has presided over the vast majority of our nation's debt is not the Republican party those of us born before Reagan knew.

Ron Paul would gain many Obama votes. The core Romney voters are the pro-deficit, pro-war, anti-freedom of choice Neocons. The rest of his voters are the reluctant anti-Dems, much as Obama has his own core, and a bunch of reluctants.

If Ross Perot was able to garner 19% of the popular vote (and he ran a joke of a campaign), Ron Paul could - if he had run 3rd-party from the start, easily pull down 1/3 of the vote. Unfortunately, social-control, pro-war neocons infiltrated the tea party movement early on, which tainted the "tea" and hurt Paul by associating UN-conservative Neocons into the mix.

Anyway, to add my response to the OP, I believe you're right, Obama is a good guy, but I also thought W Bush was a good guy (I think his dad is a bad guy.) unfortunately, W was a bad president, and Obama is "not good enough" for the situation he inherited. I believe Romney and his pro-corporate, anti-middle-class, anti-small-business policies would be worse, but that's just me understanding how the business world works in. Reality, as opposed to Romeny's b.s.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join