It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking a Horrible Video and Making it Awesome!

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
A good friend of mine decided to take a great animation clip made by a band called Disturbed a million times better. The name of the song is "Land of Confusion". In my opinion the animation in the video was incredible but the song itself sucked and took away from the wow factor the cartoon is supposed to provide.

The video shows what I consider to be the modern day battle of good versus evil. It has some hidden symbolism bust most of it is quite clear. It shows corporate greed, senseless wars, and the suffering they cause. It is a truly moving clip without the horrible song the original authors provided to go with it.

My friend took a song called "The System" by X-Ray Dog and overlapped this new song with the animation which in my opinion complete eachother like yin and yang.

Just give it a watch since it's only a few minutes long and if you are aware of current events you will most likely really enjoy this video. Even though I figure we are all screwed, somehow this video inspired me to believe there may still be hope in overcoming all this evil we are surrounded by.

In the small chance that you don't like it, I'm sorry for wasting your time

Please beware this is for non profit and falls under the Fair Use Act of 2007,

I don't know about you but this got me pumped!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Thats why I love editing, when you find the perfect track to tell a wicked story.
(Aswell as turning something rubbish into gold)
edit on 14-9-2012 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

Yeah the original song was crap and did not do the video justice, so the new song helps it tell a whole other story in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Cool mo-dee. I like it.

CJ

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Well I had to check out the original video (Which is here if anyone's interested) to see just why it was so bad.....Eh, it wasn't horrible....but It wasn't good either. It's basically a cover of the Genesis song "Land of Confusion". Why is it that so many crappy bands think it's cool to take a classic song, and redo it with distorted guitar. As if simply adding some distorted guitar might make it 'cooler' somehow. (hint....it doesn't). In my opinion there are only two ways to do a cover of a well known song....Either try to capture the original feel, but with an added bit of your own style, or completely redefine the song into something entirely different.

Anyway.....Yeah, the new music you chose is a bit better.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Oh, this is amazing. Thanks for sharing. Artistic expression wins my day again.

new topics

top topics

join