It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Innocence of muslims... Big bro working on freedom of speech?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It seems to me that the movie innocence of muslims is just a scapegoat with a dual purpose. I believe that it is to mask the true cause of violence and protesting going on first and foremost. Seeing as the media does tend to cover big bro's butt in times like these it would not surprise me in the least. I mean who would turn a cheek to being bombed and starved and oppressed but go into murderous frenzies over a film? I wont believe it for a minute

Now to my main point. I believe that this is the beginning of an assault on free speech. Reading through the comments on some of the other threads regarding these things I am appalled by what I see. Some would gladly throw our rights out the window because another persons offended by something. They would gladly "trim" free speech for nothing. How long would it be after the start off freedom trimming before we have as much freedom of speech as china? You can say what you want as long as it does not offend someones religion, political ideologies, lifestyle, etc etc etc. Come on people (you know who you are) thats complete horse #.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Amen, it's a slippery slope and we've got bald tires.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Among other things....

But there will probably be restrictions on religious speach, for, or against, coming out of the either the Admin, or as some UN initiatives.

The more the UN tightens it's grip, the more countries, people groups, etc...will slip through their fingers.

I should have buns on my head.....LOL

edit on 15-9-2012 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Just saw a story from Young Turks...

The movie was promoted in Arabic, they made a poster advertising the movie. On the poster the title was "The innocence of bin Laden" and the description was that the real perpetrators of the 9/11 attack would be revealed in the movie. Apparently, they wanted Muslims to come to the original screening and provoke a strong reaction.

This proves that the film had aims beyond financial.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

A U.S.-based film that is critical of Islam and the Prophet Mohammad has incited violence and turmoil throughout the Muslim world.so they go nuts & kill...

All i can thank is soooo what.
This is America ,you dont have to watch it if your afended.

I hope they keep there violence over there because it wont be pretty..
A lot of Dear hunters are stocking up on ammo & getting real tired of all the war games..

Terrorism is organized violence and vandalism.
Absolutely bounded by law.
Lawlessness is the law of terrorism.
Prodigies and genius are assets to the world.
Few of them are liability.
Better known as exceptions.
These exceptions head terrorism.
Juvenile delinquents, abandoned kids, exploited and abused,
Orphans, illegitimates, victims of utter poverty
Are the protégé.
Most join out of choice.
Few are forced to, result of frustration and despair.
Rest, just for the heck of it, oblivious to the non-existence of exit.
Best professional guidance and training is provided.
International faculty contributes.
Success rate is one hundred percent.
Graduated are numero uno desperados, killers, extortionists,
Hardcore criminals

Prophet Mohammad means nothing to me thats my freedom of choice.. & i have the right to bare arms if some Islam group wants to throw rocks..
GOD BLESS AMERICA

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
It seems to me that the movie innocence of muslims is just a scapegoat with a dual purpose. I believe that it is to mask the true cause of violence and protesting going on first and foremost. Seeing as the media does tend to cover big bro's butt in times like these it would not surprise me in the least. I mean who would turn a cheek to being bombed and starved and oppressed but go into murderous frenzies over a film? I wont believe it for a minute

Now to my main point. I believe that this is the beginning of an assault on free speech. Reading through the comments on some of the other threads regarding these things I am appalled by what I see. Some would gladly throw our rights out the window because another persons offended by something. They would gladly "trim" free speech for nothing. How long would it be after the start off freedom trimming before we have as much freedom of speech as china? You can say what you want as long as it does not offend someones religion, political ideologies, lifestyle, etc etc etc. Come on people (you know who you are) thats complete horse #.

I think I might have to at least agree with the idea there are people who are blaming the movie and it's maker for death and destruction and not those actually perpetrating it. I participate in a few other forums and I can't believe what I'm reading. Most if not all of it is from leftists who seem willing enough to accept censure. These are the same people who believed that burning an American flag was freedom of speech. Burning bras, putting Hitler mustaches on everyone from Bush to the Pope was ok and burning effigies of Nixon was a holiday tradition. Madonna, well wouldn't she have already been give a cigarette and a blindfold? I'm really perplexed.

Speech is either free or it's not. There's no middle ground. Who is to then judge what is ok speech and what isn't? Does the party in power get to choose that person or people? I mean you'll need to police it and someone will have to make the call. This is just dumbfounding how anyone can think that somehow this can lead to anything good.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

That proves nothing more than the fact that someone has claimed that this was the case. for example I could claim the film maker went over and tied people up and forced them to watch it while tickling them and it holds just as much proof as your claim I just dont have the msm spouting it as proof though

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
We didnt go out & start burning car lots after the bailout$$$
They call Americans nuts.
As long as they keep it over there its not my problem. if they start throwing rocks in my back yard we will have to see what happens next.. I say Merry Christmas because i can

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Well they had a copy of the poster, so it seemed pretty legit. By your logic, all points are mute and there's no proof that this movie even exists or that riots are happening.

The show also reported that the filmmaker was Egyptian, not sure if you all knew that yet.
edit on 9/14/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17

Well they had a copy of the poster, so it seemed pretty legit. By your logic, all points are mute and there's no proof that this movie even exists or that riots are happening.

The show also reported that the filmmaker was Egyptian, not sure if you all knew that yet.

how hard would it be to create a phony poster? How hard would it be to drown the masses in lies? Not saying what you say is false but it could all easily be a lie and you would be none the wiser

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17

how hard would it be to create a phony poster? How hard would it be to drown the masses in lies? Not saying what you say is false but it could all easily be a lie and you would be none the wiser

we the people need to stop paying taxs if this all gos south and turns into another lie..

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

Yeah see how not paying your taxes works out. Caesar would be on you like white on rice. They have been lying continuously for generations why would our current times change?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
If you give in to this in any way, you deserve to have sharia law imposed on you.

Seriously. Now I don't for one minute think this is a plot to stifle free speech, I see it - at it's worst - as a group of people who willingly made an offensive movie with the sole intent of inciting unrest in the muslim world. People who have no love for islam. Petty minded grey haired extremists... But oh boy did that carrot dangle so sweet.

It takes nothing more than a hint of someone mentioning mohammod in a bad light (or in any really) for these barbarians to burn embassies, kill foreigners on sight and rampage en masse like lemmings blinded by their own hate.

And they're all over the planet. The entire region is pocketed with mob violence. Just where is this silent majority that make up the 99.9999% of moderate, peaceful muslims who would obviously disavow these criminals? Sure, we may get one or two Libyans holding signs expressing sorrow at the deaths, or that these criminals are not representatives of Muslims in that area. But 1 or 2 in the face of thousands.. Seems someone has the figures wrong. Statistics are funny like that.

I fail to see them. And what do I see instead?

More conspiracy theories from people comfortable in their nice comfortable chair, with their ergonomic Microsoft keyboards and their wireless mice, 30" flat screen 3D monitors, surround sound Dolby stereo for the gooder playing of skyrim, where the need to hate your own government creates a situation where the sole responsibility somehow lays at the feet of your own leaders... somehow, just have to remove all the truth first to find the facts you need..

These people live in countries far removed from the US. If the US makes a movie, what does it matter to them?

Ironic... so many of the members on ATS openly express the opinion that the US should keep it's nose out of foreign countries affairs. Because sending diplomats there is just so wrong.

Maybe you should all - ex pats included - start rioting en masse, burnings mosques, embassies, and so on, ALL over the world... It seems to be OK if extremists do it. You don't blame them, you look at the white house where all evil things global are born.

Win win situation.

new topics

top topics

join