It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb Dog Detects Explosives in Self-proclaimed Terrorist’s Vehicle; Downtown KC roads closed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

A bomb-sniffing dog has detected the presence of some sort of explosives inside the vehicle of a man who walked into the Kansas City federal building and told authorities he was a terrorist.

This is just breaking so not much detail. A man entered the Bolling Federal Building and said he was a terrorist - Authorities detected explosives when they checked his car. They have a robot attempting to open the trunk now.

Buildings and streets around them evacuated.

www.kshb.com...

Link to live feed

edit on 14-9-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Attention seeking....prison seeking....little r0dent. That's my first impression and the best I can say for him. The problem is...he's safely in custody so the really icky and dangerous part is over in advance (going from hunted to safely tucked into a comfy cell)..so he may have left something real to do damage.

2012....what a joy...and how many of us all said things would be crazy beyond reason in the final few months. Oh how I wish it could be nice and quiet like any other election year.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'll see what I can find out about this I live 10min from there and have friends who work at the state building.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
What's the point of being a terrorist if you aren't going to terrify? The moment your goal changes, you're no longer a terrorist. You're a revolutionary, or whatever.

In any case, at least this man didn't hurt anyone. I'm very curious to know why he even became a so-called "terrorist"...where is he coming from, exactly?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Paradox1121

Thanks. That's one of the things I love about this forum.

Very weird in light of what happened in Texas and North Dakota.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This sounds like mind control...too much like James Holmes.

Who walks into a fed building and turns themselves in with evidence in the car? Who sits outside a theater waiting for police then tells them his apt is booby trapped?

Something else is up here.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Terrorist fail?

What kind of terrorist says I'm a terrorist and leaves his weapons of terrors in the car?
Amateur.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I have a graphic I picked up along the way that fits this guy, by first reports, and fits him quite well.

Yes.. Indeed... I'd say Mr. Terrorist is Mr Fail..(and we'll probably learn, failed in general)...and we could only be so lucky as to see the Government treat him like the real thing. Sounds like a nut case or someone with nothing left and looking for a way into prison as better than shelters.

As crazy as it sounds....Some people will do almost anything for their 15 minutes and I've been noticing things like just totally idiotic bank robberies from the most oddball normal people as one example of where I think that's actually happening now. People who figure losing everything to the very real depression it's been from the perspective of millions leaves prison as a step up. Make it federal, and someone who knows anything about the system at all knows, conditions are likely to be better by the universal standards and attention international groups give where state's can sure be much worse.....and darned if the ones that seem the oddest aren't federal crimes. Like this guy....at a Federal building. Walked right into DHS Jurisdiction.

Crazy times

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
This sounds like mind control...too much like James Holmes.

Who walks into a fed building and turns themselves in with evidence in the car? Who sits outside a theater waiting for police then tells them his apt is booby trapped?

Crazy people, that's who.

He'll spend a few months in the puzzle factory and be released.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Just found these updates -

The Kansas City Star's, KCTV5's reporting partner, says the suspect has ties to the first World Trade Center bombing.

A gun was found inside his vehicle.

The license plate of the vehicle is registered to Wahed Moharam, who is known to many Kansas City area residents as "Helmet Man." He was a regular attendee at Chiefs games.

The Star reported that his tickets were revoked because of safety concerns in 2003. He was once in the federal witness protection program for testifying in the first World Trade Center bombing.

He reportedly yelled, "Why am I on the terrorist watch list?" when he entered a federal building downtown Friday.

www.wsfa.com...

I don't know what to make of this.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This is a little blurb about the guy from 2003. He was a hotdog vender and a well known Chiefs fan.

Link

From his facebook page, if it works.

edit on 14-9-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

Edit again:

Here is an interview with him from last year.

Show Me Progress: ...What are you out here today for?

Wahed Moharam: I born in Egypt, nineteen fifty-four. I serve in the Egyptian army and I serve in nineteen seventy-three war. I come to the United States because was no freedom in Egypt. I born under dictator, his name is [Gamal Abdel] Nasser. When Nasser die another dictator come, his name is [Anwar El] Sadat. When Sadat die another dictator come same [Hosni] Mubarak. I’m here, to United States since nineteen seventy-eight. When I come Jimmy Carter was president. Four years later Jimmy Carter left and Ronald Reagan come for eight year, but Mubarak still stay. After Reagan we see Bush for one term, Clinton for two term, another Bush for one term, now Obama... And Hosni Mubarak still in power.

If we really, if we really sincerely need to get rid of al-Qaeda, before we get rid of al-Qaeda if we get rid of the dictator his people will get rid of al-Qaeda. Al-Qaeda base in people who originally have no hope. That’s how people went to al-Qaeda. I was a mujahideen. I fought in Afghanistan against Russia. I was in the White House when Ronald Reagan hold the Egyptian and the mujahideen, he said, I salute the mujahideen. If you give a chance for freedom and call United Nations and stop all the dictator in all middle east you will change the world. And you don’t have to fight al-Qaeda. They will fight al-Qaida. Al-Qaida, people who have no hope. Who’s under the pressure, have no hope, have no life. So Osama bin Laden will drag these people, say, I give you money for your family, die for that. That’s why they die. But, if United State bring a freedom, true freedom, true election, under division of United Nation, there be wake up to all the Arab world, no more dictator. The world will change.

cont. at link
edit on 14-9-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
He apparently told the Kansas City Star it was all a mistake and he had fertilizer in his car.

Link

Everything is OK,” Wahed said. “I don’t have to tell you exactly where I am. The FBI requests me to hang up the phone, but I can assure you I’m OK and they treat me good.”

He added: “And everything mistake. Everything mistake. I didn’t have any bad thing anyway. Everything is just — thank you and God bless you and I’m OK.”

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
I'm very curious to know why he even became a so-called "terrorist"...where is he coming from, exactly?

It's not too hard to imagine.
You make it sound like someone becoming a 'terrorist' is completely shocking in these times.

I'm not defending him, but I would like you to see the other side of the coin.
There will be a lot more "terrorists" entering the field taking up arms for and against.

Especially here in North America, and they will be "homegrown", you will hear a lot of propaganda about them.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Interesting story - Wow! Thanks for that info tport.

And I'm willing to bet he didn't say "I'm a terrorist" - but rather what was quoted in the later story - "Why am I on a terrorist watch list?" and "I'm not a terrorist"

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Sorry I keep posting haha.

KMBC 9 news is reporting there were no explosives found at all.

Boy did they tear that car to pieces!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Sorry I keep posting haha. KMBC 9 news is reporting there were no explosives found at all.

Don't be silly. You're providing great info - We couldn't have cracked the case without it!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Nice, they are amping up the fascist state by arranging events like this. SWEET.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Perhaps, and this is strictly off the cuff thinking out loud, perhaps he was actually a mind controlled guy that slipped out of his stupor enough to realize what he was to do and knew in his core it was wrong.

Naaah, they wouldn't make waves if their plan didn't work.
Who knows...weird.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I think as well as considering the possibility of the people who do these insane things being mind control victims, we should also consider the more mundane, but no less harrowing possibilities. As other posters have made clear, this man could just be mentally ill. If this is the case, then I believe we should feel some relief that he didnt pull a Jared Lee Loughner and shoot a bunch of people at a political event, and instead handed himself over, giving law enforcement officials a chance to prevent serious injury to people.

Now, posters on this thread have alluded to the fact that there seems to be a marked increase in this sort of behavior, this self defeating pattern of behavior which leads to an arrest, either just after, or indeed before an event of terrifying and lethal nature, has occurred. I would point out in response to that, the increase in personal torment being visited upon the citizens of the USA just at present. There are those in the US today, who have lived in tent cities after being forced out of homes that they had every right to expect to live in the rest of thier days, others who have been forced into life on the road, living out of thier cars, trying to raise families in these situations. Personal debt, and the psychological weight of these scenarios playing out in the lives of citizens, can easily turn a mind to ruin.

The reality is that this type of behavior will only become more wide spread, as the effects of these things mount up. Count in the things that are happening in the US, to people who have no power to prevent them, and you can easily see how these increases can be accounted for. You have to remember that it is not just people who have weak minds who can suffer a psychological misfunction. Some of the people who have, or will carry out these unbelievable acts will also be very intelligent, capable people, with histories in complicated trades, which would normaly mean that they were happily employed, but currently mean diddly squat in the face of some of the most dire economic circumstances that the developed world has ever faced.

Although we cannot discount the more esoteric and overtly dangerous possibilites where this sort of thing is concerned, I feel it would be ridiculous to avoid the possibility that the far more insiduous and dangerous scenario, of things just being THAT bad for people that they see no alternative but drastic and outrageous action. And make no mistake, this is the more dangerous and terrifying possibility of them all. With mind control accidents, at least there is a deliberate action involved in destroying the mind that has failed. At least with mind control, one can assume a limited number of people are involved. With the potential scenario I am advocating to explain this apparant increase, this is not a limited situation. Near enough every man woman and child in the US knows someone who has been given the crap covered end of the stick during the economic collapses that have rocked the world of late. If my explanation turns out being the correct one, you will only see more of this as time wears on, and the only hope of a calmer future, is if the government turn around and take stock of the psychological damage that thier mismanagement of the banks has done, and acts to soothe the ache of heart in those who are most sorely affected.

top topics

join