It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico launched a 40-foot test missile on September 13th.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This was seen 500 miles away in Apple Valley, Ca. Locals reported a flash or an explosion like event within the comments.

Link to article: Click here

Here's the odd part:

@ 5:17am PST a Victor Valley resident took a picture of the missile contrails.

VV Daly Press -
The White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico launched a 40-foot test missile at 6:30 a.m. Mountain Time in support of the Patriot Advanced Capability-3 program, according to facility spokeswoman Montie Marlen. PAC-3 is a missile defense program, developed to stop enemy missiles in the air.

Pacific vs Mountain time zones differ by 1 hour.

(5:17am PST) - (6:17am MT) = Missile photographed

(5:30am PST) - (6:30am MT) = Missile Launched

See the problem here?

Why did people report a flash?

In the High desert (Victor Valley) we see missile contrails from the launches from Vandenberg AFB. This makes sense within our distance, its relatively close. But 500 miles away is a little odd.

I have seen plenty of Vandenberg AFB launches, guess what... No flash.

Anyone have any info about this launch?

edit on 14-9-2012 by NeillieN because: Deifined title

edit on 14-9-2012 by NeillieN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
How in the name?? Atmospheric conditions must have been just perfect, in just the right way?? It's incredible to think such a small thing launching would be seen from SO far away. By that, you'd think people in Miami could watch the tail end of the Shuttle Launches or something....

I'd love to hear one of the better educated climate people around here explain how this happens? I'm sure there's a fascinating science based explanation...?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NeillieN

Have a look at the thread from yesterday I think it was?
A lot of pics in that thread, maybe some time stamps?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I may be misreading your OP, but...

Why did people report a flash?

wouldn't colliding missiles explain the flash?

She said ice crystals form on the contrails when the missiles collide high in the atmosphere

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I'm curious about how an unarmed Juno ballistic missile was fired from a U.S. Army post (Fort Wingate, NM) that was CLOSED in 1993!!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Obviously the men in Black have shot down a space terrorist. The news of this has been slightly modified. In this age of paranoia we are no longer notified of missile launches and many of my friends think these are astronomical events, like meteors. I was invited to look for a meteorite where it appeared to land and warned my friend that it might be a man made object. When I was a kid we were more aware of missile tests, they made the news.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSunDevil

I'm curious about how an unarmed Juno ballistic missile was fired from a U.S. Army post (Fort Wingate, NM) that was CLOSED in 1993!!

Good point.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm in great falls mt...last Sunday night ( could have been Saturday...but I don't think so..) I went to bed...10 mins later there was a huge white flash that lit up my whole room. There was no rain, thunder, lightening...I even went outside to see if I could see anything..nothing.

It was not car lights...I know the difference. This lit up my whole room and I was blinded by it...

Anyone have any suggestions?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
I'm in great falls mt...last Sunday night ( could have been Saturday...but I don't think so..) I went to bed...10 mins later there was a huge white flash that lit up my whole room. There was no rain, thunder, lightening...I even went outside to see if I could see anything..nothing.

It was not car lights...I know the difference. This lit up my whole room and I was blinded by it...

I have none, sorry.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
In thinking more on this.... A thought came to mind to share.

Unannounced missile tests that can be seen from 2 states away and with as much force and power as that appeared to have for size? Or..maybe just the same atmospheric effect that made it visible also making it larger? Either way though..... It makes about as much sense as a Hydrogen Bomb test during the 2 weeks of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Some ask...why is history important to know, why should it matter at all? Times like these are why..... Trial and Error as well as deliberate underhandedness have all been done before. In the Cuban Missile Crisis I think it was part empty headed stupidity and part the Joint Chiefs letting an happy coincidence of pre-planned testing run it's course.

It does strike me as odd for timing though... Why this, such a visible one, and why now??? WHY of all things, one that seemed to blow up high in the atmosphere? Anyone in Eastern New Mexico or maybe Northern Mexico who got beaned by scrap metal from the heavens knows who to sue now. This stuff is usually done far out in the Pacific test ranges for good reasons. Like...it all comes down somewhere and even a large bolt at terminal velocity would be more than a headache for Mr. Unlucky.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

I've had a similar experience just as I start to drift off.
Phosphene

Hypnagogia

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

top topics

join