It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Fly Without ID

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I recently found this article about a guy, who tried several ways to fly without ID.
I'm not american, so it doesn't help me. But maybe some of you didn't know about it.
I can't say, if it's still possible to do so...because the article is from 2006. But still interesting

As a die-hard Constitutionalist, I believe that we still have an absolute, unfettered, God-given right to travel from point A to point B without permission from the state -- in the air, as well as on land. This Nazi procedure of "your papers, please" has never been appropriate for our country. I have had occasion to travel a good deal in the last several months, and on those trips I decided to research and test this issue about the necessity for producing identification. I have talked with agents, and their supervisors, of several major airlines in cities across America, and have gradually pieced together a rather complete picture of the real legal situation regarding our right to travel.

www.lookingglassnews.org...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Just for clarification, in the beginning the author used privately issued photo ID, when asked.
From Sams club, or Costco Card, travel agents card...etc.

So I have flown several times using only my meager privately issued picture ID cards.

source
So it should state, "How to fly without State Issued ID".
Through the article he states how to bring up the document for boarding without ID.
Completely.

Good read...

edit on 14-9-2012 by havok because: Clarity

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Next, I tested this finding with several airlines. When asked for identification, I produced only my Sam's Club card, or my travel agent's ID card, or a Costco card. These are all picture ID's, but they are privately issued, and do not even have a signature on them. The airline agents just freaked out, and demanded to see some state-issued ID. They routinely told me that "it was federal law!" The government absolutely required me to cough up an "official" ID card, without which the agent couldn't even THINK of letting me on the plane.

So I have flown several times using only my meager privately issued picture ID cards.

so its not that he was flying
without ID

its flying using an ID
of your Choosing

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Either way, it's becoming the "norm" for people to produce ID on command.
They are getting used to it day by day and it is our FREEDOM to travel.
We do not HAVE to produce ID just to travel.
Please people...

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!

Don't be ignorant and complacent...which is what they want.
There is a system in place to remove your rights by their "normalcy".
If you don't learn the difference you teach others the ignorance.
We are American citizens not Nazi Germany citizens.

Do not fall for the tricks, for God's sake!

I fully support this article and the author and recommend it to be read.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

read on...

I repeated the same scenario with Horizon Air on another trip. I have now flown twice without producing any identification whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Either way, it's becoming the "norm" for people to produce ID on command.
They are getting used to it day by day and it is our FREEDOM to travel.
We do not HAVE to produce ID just to travel.
Please people...

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!

Don't be ignorant and complacent...which is what they want.
There is a system in place to remove your rights by their "normalcy".
If you don't learn the difference you teach others the ignorance.
We are American citizens not Nazi Germany citizens.

Do not fall for the tricks, for God's sake!

I fully support this article and the author and recommend it to be read.

There is also nothing that says that they are obligated to let you on the flight without providing an ID. It doesnt restrict your ability to travel, only your ability to travel by way of that company.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
As a person who has travelled quite a great deal in the last 25 years, I can categorically say that without any ID such as a passport, then you are not going to get anywhere very quickly. The only trip you will be making is the one back to your house from the airport or sea port to get your passport.

As with many airlines today if you book airline tickets online, then most of the time you have to include your passport details otherwise you will not get a seat...

At some European airports these days there are no staff at check in desks, UK passports these days have a special chip that can be shown to an electronic passport reader, then you will be let through automatically....so without a passport you are not going anywhere......

Some airports though do have eye readers, but you still have to have your passport to get to that airport....

Due to my love of travel I would love to go back to the days when you could wander the world with no ID or a care in the world, that must have been wonderful. That is the way that the world should be, you live here, you should be able to go anywhere....

But unfortunately in today's unfortunate climate you are not allowed to go anywhere without ID even though you feel it is your earthly citizen right to be able to do so....

Not worth the trouble my friend, better to get where you want to go rather than stand in an airport arguing the toss.........

Fly, fly, fly, nothing like it to explore the world, it's cultures, experiences and learn in the process......Love it....

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

There is nothing to state otherwise either.
I'd like the copy of law that states, "Show ID or you can't travel".
If a private business wants to enact it's own garbage laws, which it can't...
Then people shouldn't do business with them.
I can't help when people willingly give up their freedoms for fear.

Pretty funny the whole complacency thing.

Or is this something people think we need?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

They're a company that can refuse service to anyone they want. They set the rule in place (and this is even before you begin dealing with TSA, so we're not taking any of that into account), and you have to follow it if you want to fly on thier plane. I'm not saying that it is the PROPER thing to do, only that they DO have the right to do it.

And I agree, if someone does not like a policy of this sort, they should refuse to do business with that airline.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I understand the rules a company can enforce.
Rules that protect them from certain "liabilities".
Procedures that I assume follow federal law.

But the law is what I'm looking for.
Where is it specifically law that you must show Identification to travel?
I'm not really looking for an answer.
More of just getting frustrated with the current state of things.
And the complete lack of fight coming from the populus.

Excuse my attitude, it is not aimed towards you, flyswatter.
But pretty soon it will be asked, "How do I know you are a citizen without ID?"
Which is extremely close to "Papers, please".
It is getting ridiculous, and I'm just sick of it all.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I understand the rules a company can enforce.
Rules that protect them from certain "liabilities".
Procedures that I assume follow federal law.

But the law is what I'm looking for.
Where is it specifically law that you must show Identification to travel?
I'm not really looking for an answer.
More of just getting frustrated with the current state of things.
And the complete lack of fight coming from the populus.

Excuse my attitude, it is not aimed towards you, flyswatter.
But pretty soon it will be asked, "How do I know you are a citizen without ID?"
Which is extremely close to "Papers, please".
It is getting ridiculous, and I'm just sick of it all.

Cant say that I really have an answer as to the exact law or regulation that stipulates the ID requirement. I'm sure there is something out there that spells it out, but you'd know where to look just as well as I would, I'm sure.

For myself, I always have a minimum of two pieces of picture ID with me anyway - both my drivers license and my DoD contractor CAC. I want those to be with me at all times, regardless of what the rules and regs are from the TSA or the company itself.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

if i pay the money to fly an airline and try this. i cant risk NOT getting on that plane. its too expensive to get turned away for being stubborn. who cares if i HAVE to show my ID. its not inconvenient to pull my wallet out. but standing in line with my arms crossed NOT doing so and missing my flight is VERY inconvenient.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I lost my wallet in Las Vegas this summer and got back from McCarren to Seattle without ID. I called McCarren ahead of time and they told me to show up 45 minutes early if I didn't have any form of ID to travel. When I got there I told the TSA agent and he told my gf that she could go on ahead but my gf wanted to stay with me. Anyways I got directed through some different security channels and basically "lectured" about how stupid I was to keep all of my ID's in just one wallet etc etc. Then I told the TSA lady who I guess was the "final" judge the story and told her my background information and I guess it was so long and boring she thought it must have been true. Then she asked me if I had anything with my name on it to match my ticket and I showed her a prescription I had. After that they directed us through the body scanner, which didn't detect the 2 lighters I accidently had in my pocket and they sent us down the wrong terminal. We then had to ask another TSA agent to takee us through the locked doors from "C" gate to "D" gate. Anyways I got through with a random item with my name on it, a boring story, all the while accidently carrying 2 containers of lighter fluid with ignitors and when I showed it to the security they didn't even care

new topics

top topics

join