It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Lights Redux - New Sighting Reports

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
A buddy in Phoenix says reports are coming in tonight of the return of the Phoenix Lights. Can't find a news source yet but here's a pic taken a half hour ago.

Only news item so far is a missle launch at White Sands (8 hours old so not related).

edit on 13-9-2012 by elmoastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by elmoastro

Thank you, flagged for later enjoyment...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Thanks for posting so promptly! i hope its" them.".....

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

The image is not the original, it's been edited. Do you have the original image?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

I'll find out...sit tight. I just linked to the photo my buddy's daughter took. Got an inquiry in to see if it's been edited or if he can get the original. How can one tell if it's been edited or not? Looks like a cellphone pic.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

The photo should have the original EXIF info. It gets stripped if has been edited with some programs.

Do you have a direction? I have multiple contacts in PhoenixScottsdale/Mesa that can photograph things if its happening now.
edit on 13-9-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It was an hour ago in the valley but don't have any other confirmations. If no other reports show up in the next hour or so, gotta call hoax on this. Got an email over to my friend but nothing yet.

edit - update. Here's the reply:

"Hi xxx, I don't have the original. It was posted, near dusk, by my daughters young friend. The girl was with her parents and they were loathe to explain them. The original cell phone shot was much better, my daughter had to do a screen grab and email it to me."

Guess we'll wait and see if more/better reports come in. I trust this guy as he's a photo journalist on the political circuit and have no reason to doubt at this time.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Possible explanation... Luke AFB F-16 training dropping flares?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Yeah, that would have to be the most logical explanation. Good comparison.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Makes total sense. I knew there was a new unit to be stationed there...perhaps it is part of their training, or maybe just a show for the brass there.
edit on 13-9-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Night lights

Why does Luke AFB fly so late at night?

Night flying is vitally important to the overall training of F-16 fighter pilots since the majority of the combat missions over hostile environments are conducted at night. It is imperative that we train our pilots to fly and fight at night. We train F-16 pilots to use night vision goggles, to conduct mid-air refueling, and perform air-to-ground bombing operations at night. The standard flying hours for the 56th Fighter Wing are from 7 a.m. to midnight Monday through Friday.

Luke AFB FAQ

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Pretty cool demo courtesy...India.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Possible explanation... Luke AFB F-16 training dropping flares?

If the sightings are showing up in Glendale which is where the base is located, then you are most likely correct.
edit on 14-9-2012 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Just to add, although this one probably is a missile launch, here's some of the original (earlier time) footage from the original event and whatever these lights are, they aren't flares

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
First, I notice some ghosting just below each light. That might be a function of the lousy cell cams.

Second, the 'comma' shapes of the lights might be due to motion of the camera which could also account for the blurring of the hills and trees.

The original pic will give much more info.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Just to add, although this one probably is a missile launch, here's some of the original (earlier time) footage from the original event and whatever these lights are, they aren't flares

Those actually are flares. Which shows how successful they were in throwing off the scent from the actual sightings. This many years later, people still think those are not flares. You can find a comparison video out there that shows a daytime view of the same location - there is a mountain range there, and each light disappears as it passes behind the part of the range it is dropping behind.

The real question is why would the military drop flares in a v-shape pattern for the first and last time in view of the city, on the same night that hours earlier, sightings of a huge V shaped craft were reported in Nevada and Arizona. What a huge massive coincidence. And people STILL don't connect the dots. Amazing.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

No mate, that's the earlier footage and it is not flares.

edit on 14-9-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
reply to post by fleabit

No mate, that's the earlier footage and it is not flares.

edit on 14-9-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

Without wishing to distract from the OP and if my recollection serves me correctly I'm with fleabit.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
i was wondering how quick the flare thing would come up might a have to wait for more pics if it just like the other case it does kinda look like the flare droped from
military aircraft

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Actually, the Phoenix lights in your video were flares dropped by aircraft around 10:00pm. The actual UFO was seen around 8:30pm.

I can't for the life of me find the documentary I just saw that had military personnel that confirmed the craft on radar and scrambled jets.

edit on 14-9-2012 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join