It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Levitating Drugs in Zero-G Could Make Them More Effective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Ok, I freaked out whilst watching this as it does not look real but I can assure you it is......amazing.

It almost looks like CG, but the floating drops in this video are quite real and potentially life-saving.

The liquid spheres are being levitated in a special machine that uses two small speakers to form sound waves slightly out of range of human hearing — about 22 kHz — that bombard the hovering drops. The sound waves, arriving from both above and below, perfectly cancel each other out and generate what’s known as a standing wave that can hold small amounts of material. The machine was originally developed at NASA to simulate microgravity conditions for testing the effects of space on objects.

Please select link to watch fantastic video as I am unable to embed video

www.wired.com...

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Sigh the video on wired is unavailable.
I am highly interested in the standing wave tech. I did not know it existed thanks heaps for the share.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

Sigh the video on wired is unavailable.

Not for me.

OP great share. That video was nuts! Looked completely fake.

I would think that using this method to create drugs would be rather costly. VERY costly.

ETA last night while a little loopy on Benadryl your avatar popped into my head and I laughed for about five minutes before passing out. I just got a flashback.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

You may want to try this......hope this works for you.

bcove.me...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

That video was nuts! Looked completely fake.

Yep, I thought that too! totally crazy hey?? Science is just an awesome thing.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
awesome.

Learned a bit about this a few years back in school. cool to see it actually applied though.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Is this how the pyramids and al other monoliths werebuilt and placed??? isnt this what tesla was all about,this guy better becarefull.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CONEDESTROYA
Is this how the pyramids and al other monoliths werebuilt and placed??? isnt this what tesla was all about,this guy better becarefull.

I personally think he is better of being proud of and continuing his work instead of looking over his shoulder, if everyone feared TPTB then where would we be now? I get what you are saying but all it does it reinforce people to be fearful when you say be careful.

new topics

top topics

join