It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultra-HD Video of Curiosity Rover’s Landing Is the Best Yet - you are gonna love this!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by makav3ll1

Did you take time to read the article?

The painstaking labor of love comes from filmmaker Bard Canning, who spent over a month getting every piece of the video in tip-top shape. Extrapolating the original Mars Descent Imager (MARDI) camera’s low-res four frames-per-second video, Canning boosted it up to 30 frames per second and rendered the footage in 1080p. By adding hundreds of motion-tracking and adjustment points, he was able to create a smoother ride and show off the most interesting features of the Martian surface.

and

In order to watch the heat shield smoothly fall away, Canning separated the film into two independently moving layers and rendered each one separately. The result provides the best possible video accuracy while really enhancing the footage.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Even the SD video looks fake..

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by makav3ll1
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Even the SD video looks fake..

Okay, time to put your money where you're mouth is then.

Since you have declared to everyone here that it's fake, you must be talking from experience, correct?

Please show us a Non-Faked Mars landing using heat shield, parachute, and sky crane.

Then you can point out all the reasons that the video that Beno posted is really fake (awesome post Beno, thanks).

Until then, you're simply someone making one line posts with no evidence to back up your claims.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Thanks eriktheawful, I think someone is either bored or on a wind-up.

Mind you, it's probably payback.......I have been a little free with my quips of late

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by eriktheawful

Thanks eriktheawful, I think someone is either bored or on a wind-up.

Mind you, it's probably payback.......I have been a little free with my quips of late

No problem. I just get tired of the one liner, no content to their post, almost always banned with in hours of the next day, people that come on to threads like these and only say:

"It's fake!"

I'm a skeptic, and even I don't like to see that in the UFO forum for god's sakes. I'd rather someone post more than just "it's fake" or "it's CGI".

This is suppose to be a "discussion" forum. Not a Pepsi Taste Test ("I think it's the first one."). So discuss, explain WHY someone thinks it's fake or CGI (completely CGI that is, not video enhancements).

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Ain't this the user who done it.
looks really good.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Fisherr

Yep, awesome.............many thanks for your embed.....cheers!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Awesome video!!!

What's up with the troll though??
Does there really HAVE to be one in EVERY thread?!?!?!
I mean, the video is real, this has been/can be verified.
Why the need for trolling I can't wrap my mind around.
Just because YOUR brain is too small to fit this into doesn't mean the rest of us can't grasp it ok?

I mean, I think Abraham Lincoln was a fake.
So was the Titanic and Mount Rushmore and the number 26!!!!
Further more, I don't think there was ever a T.V. show called "The Dukes Of Hazzard" and
I suspect that the moon is a giant block of cheese.
Geese have no feathers, tires aren't real, goats are really just dogs in disguise,
there is only one bone in the human body, and of all of the cardinal directions, SOUTH is the smuggest, cocky, arrogant one of them all.

WTF!?!?!

How can you just DENY reality and replace it with whatever distorted, warped, twisted reality you want to??

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I mean, I think Abraham Lincoln was a fake. So was the Titanic and Mount Rushmore and the number 26!!!! Further more, I don't think there was ever a T.V. show called "The Dukes Of Hazzard" and I suspect that the moon is a giant block of cheese. Geese have no feathers, tires aren't real, goats are really just dogs in disguise, there is only one bone in the human body, and of all of the cardinal directions, SOUTH is the smuggest, cocky, arrogant one of them all.

Brilliant! I used to love Dukes of Hazzard....................and Chips!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Great video. I agree with this comment from the article:

Its so funny that we landed this amazing piece of machinery on another planet and yet people are rioting around the world because of pictures of some dude from a 2,000 year old book were released on the internet.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
This really is an awesome video, but I had what is inevitably a previously asked question...

Right about @ 49 seconds in, there appears to be a white-ish object that seemingly launches from the ridges about mid-left of the screen and seems be on a pretty consistent vector/speed until the camera is no longer looking in that region. My first thought was "Is that a bird???" Obviously it isn't, but i was wondering if anyone else has already commented on this?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prismite
This really is an awesome video, but I had what is inevitably a previously asked question...

Right about @ 49 seconds in, there appears to be a white-ish object that seemingly launches from the ridges about mid-left of the screen and seems be on a pretty consistent vector/speed until the camera is no longer looking in that region. My first thought was "Is that a bird???" Obviously it isn't, but i was wondering if anyone else has already commented on this?

It took me a few tries and then I finally saw it. Odd looking. Doesn't appear to be a dead pixel or artifact because a few (one) is evident through the whole video. It looks like an orb.

No longer puzzled. Its the heat shield. You can track it frame by frame easily. You just lose it in the camera movements when played at full speed.

edit on 14/9/2012 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

the video is real

The video is not real, it is a construct from several sources of lower def. footage. I'm not defending that curiosity is not on Mars or that the video is not great. Just pointing out that as presented the video is not a direct representation of reality, it as seemingly hard-worked representation based on other footage. This is important to stress because the idiotic discussion about "fake" and "real" will not lead to anything here. To me it is mostly off-topic.

Comment on the quality of the presentation, the technical details on how it was constructed but there is no point of bringing the "real" or "fake" discussion to this thread.

Anyway great film, pity there isn't more footage to extend it further...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
That's awesome, i've been waiting for some footage to come out, so thank you for posting it!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Prismite

Would that be the heat shield that it dropped at the beginning of the footage?

Pretty sure that is where it tracked to as it fell.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Awesome video!

I must admit that when a version in 720 was posted at 30fps, I whined about the fact that it wasn't in 1080....so...now I can compliment the fact this is in 1080 like I asked for! Fantastic!

reply to post by Screwed

Well, this IS a conspiracy site you know, so it does tend to attract people who doubt the OS.

I think the video is somewhat real albeit interpolated (meaning some frames are real and some are guesses, but I wouldn't call it fake), but is the sound fake? I got the impression that's simulated.

edit on 14-9-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azdraik
reply to post by Prismite

Would that be the heat shield that it dropped at the beginning of the footage?

Pretty sure that is where it tracked to as it fell.

Deffinately the heat shield....but what a strange route it takes.
Probably a trick of camera angle perpective when two objects are moving at speed but it appears to plummit in a stright line, then before hitting the surface, move off at a low altitude right angle.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by makav3ll1
I still dont understand how that animation looks any bit realistic.

If you don't understand, why making negative comments about how "fake" it is?
You look like a fool.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Nice film, they could call it "total recall 2"

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I have my doubts that this video is authentic.

First, is the fact that this video is made by a film producer. Much like other NASA related videos.

Second, is the sound. Anyone that has any experience with recording audio would know that having a microphone record a vessel entering an atmosphere would produce SOME clipping...but most likely the whole track would be clipping the whole time. Then the quality of the rest of the audio track is incredible. So incredible it had to be added as post production of the film. If not, then NASA needs to go into the recording business.

And Third,
0:15 = Shows the Sun's position on the planet but when the Rover lands, the shadows are cast in an opposite direction. (I may be wrong)
1:28 = Several frames show the landscape shifting or blurring unnaturally to the camera's movements.
1:55 = Terrible animation of dust being blown around during the landing. They appeared to move too rapidly and in focus rather than blurring the camera with a dust cloud/or dust being on the lens.
2:00 = Why did the quality of the video go from amazing quality (like you see in the new SciFi movies) to a blurry Instagram looking effect?

The landscape shot is obviously a single image that is panned around.

2:30 = How did they achieve this shot of the camera while on the planet?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join