It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2012 QG42 close encounter with Earth.Live Virtual Telescope.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Came across this live virtual telescope that starts in about 30 minutes from now. I thought the ATS community might enjoy this event.From what I understand this asteriod is only a few football fields long and does not pose any threats.

The potentially hazardous asteroid (PHA) 2012 QG42 was discovered on 26 Aug. 2012 by the Catalina Sky Survey in Arizona; the Virtual Telescope in Italy contributed to confirm its nature within few hours after the first report. Our observations were included in the discovery circular issued by the Minor Planet Center. On 14 Sept., this about 250-300 meters large body will approach our planet, reaching a minimum distance from Earth of about 7.4 lunar distances. This is definitely a safe distance, so there is really nothing to worry about this encounter, it will be just a nice show.

Link to live telescope

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Awesome, thanks for the link, I shall check it out, and pass the link on elsewhere

Asteroids are cool. Space is great, I love it.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Telescope is live now.
This should be intersting.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Very cool OP snf

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
boooooo clouds

Come on, get the orgon blasters out

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Here is a other place to see it also

events.slooh.com...

just in case it get cloudy at one place

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Thanks for the alternate link.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

WTH..

I've gone to 2 links..

All I see is some people talking....and in the other it's just a static image that updates a new static image every 5 seconds or so.

Where is this Live footage at ?

I would love to see it, but I don't classify images as being live....they are in the past..the near past...but the past.

Any help is appreciated.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It's a live chat about static pictures of a white Dot passing.

I think people want a Live HD type stream of it in motion like a shooting star as seen on YT

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fisherr
It's a live chat about static pictures of a white Dot passing.

I think people want a Live HD type stream of it in motion like a shooting star as seen on YT

It is the year 2012 after all. If we can put a mon on then moon, surely we can have streaming HD asteroid cams.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I didn't think the rock would be so bright but which streak are we talking about?
This is truly exciting and even more so that all the text talk could ever hope to be.

new topics

top topics

join