It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The recent protests in Libya are propaganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This image from the recent protest in Bengazhi is about as clear an example of propaganda as is possible-

'Thugs and killers do not represent Bengazhi or Islam'

The propaganda machine used the argument that Gaddafi and his forces were 'thugs and killers'. That was the justification to bomb Libya last year (thousands of Libyans died as a result of that bombing campaign).

This recent attack is a backlash for what happened to Libya, let's not forget that the country has been thrown into complete chaos because of the revolution with ever escalating violence.

This protest paints the picture that America did good for the Libyan people and Libya is a better place without Gaddafi, that is the intention. It is staged. It is obvious because the writing is in English, hence it is staged for a western audience to make us think the majority of Libyans wanted us to 'liberate' them.

Blatant propaganda to make people think the Libyans are grateful to America for 'liberating' them and that western intervention was the right thing to do

In no way am I saying that Libyans are happy to see Americans get hurt, the majority just want a normal, peaceful right to exist like everyone else.

In fact, the vast majority of Libyans want nothing to do with America, they certainly have no reason to apologise either.

If Al Qaeda or one of its factions are responsible for this attack, most people would do well to remember that it was the western backed 'revolution' which brought these factions in to fight against Gaddafi in the first place!

edit on 13-9-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
No, it's not propaganda.

You are totally paranoid.

Those people are not "grateful to America for liberating them from Gadaffi".

They are just trying to show that they are not animals who kill ambassadors.

By the way, the Al-Qaeda thugs who attacked the consulate and killed the ambassador are the ones who were armed by NATO to take down Gadaffi.

edit on 13-9-2012 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
No, it's not propaganda.

You are totally paranoid.

Those people are not "grateful to America for liberating them from Gadaffi".

They are just trying to show that they are not animals who kill ambassadors.

By the way, the Al-Qaeda thugs who attacked the consulate and killed the ambassador are the ones who were armed by NATO to take down Gadaffi.

edit on 13-9-2012 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

If that is really the case, who wrote the signs? The protestors?

I know the people are not grateful to America for liberating them, that was my overall message.

This kind of stuff happens after a backlash to policy, the 'revolution' has destroyed the country. Libya is in a lot worse state than it was with Gaddaffi, so why would Libyans hold up signs apologising to America?

It is a set up protest to give the impression Libyans are grateful to America for 'freeing them from tyranny'.

Reading your post again you disagreed with me yet then stated two things I said in my OP...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Also remember what has been going in the middle east region- there have been massive anti American protests in Yemen, Libya and Egypt.

This protest in support of America is a staged event to counter that.

top topics

join