It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US officials say 2 warships moving toward Libya

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I don't usually make wild guesses, but I've thought of something recently...

The situation in Libya is very complex, and was very hard to handle when it started to develop. It's in the best interest, of whoever is carrying the regime changes in that area (Egypt, Syria, Libya), that this gets done quickly.

Libya didn't take as long as Syria to change regime, but it was also a very confusing process, with several conflicting reports.

What if the regime change was announced too soon? And what if the US ambassador was placed there as an excuse?

I might be in a slightly less-factual mood tonight, but I wonder if the West doesn't need a second wave of military intervention in Libya to secure it, and it's resources.

If they do, Ambassador Stevens might have paid a very high price for the justified military access to Libya, by the West.

Just felt in the mood to throw a little conspiracy tonight.
edit on 13-9-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by usmc0311

Well I pray that we never have to find out how bad the Iranian army could wreak havoc on our troops... Now picture if China and Russia got involved, the possible loss is hard to even imagine...
edit on 13-9-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

A war with China and Russia would mean the end of the world as we know it. But again this will not happen. Russia and China are far from being allies and they would never go to war against the rest of the world for Iran.

A war between Russia and China on the other hand, that would certainly cause a WW3.
edit on 13-9-2012 by alphaskunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Yeah. This is yet another move.

This is a precursor to a major event.

I'm not basing my judgment on inside information... nope. I know just as much as do any of you (or just as little, more accurately).

I've read the articles and knew that this stuff was going to be pretty big. But I didn't know how big. No I did not.

After reading all the replies on Above Top Secret and also all the replies to that article the OP posted from Yahoo!, I am able to make my judgment.

Peoples' reaction is, incidentally, the only litmus test as to how important an event might be; and people are INSANE right now. Of course, I believe that people start being honest about how they feel when they learn about events that involve patriotism, racism, religious-bias, bias in general...

People in general have turned into a bunch of mindless blood-thirsty wolves. I mean... really? Can it really be? I'm starting to wonder if the comments section of articles (and I never actually believed it before, but possibly even here, the forums of ATS) are not infected with operatives designed to get others' blood pumping.

As one of the users that commented on that article said, the administration approved that message despite the message coming from an "anonymous" informant because they are not allowed to reveal information to the public. In fact, the user stated that the very phrase indicates that the message was actually approved by the administration for the very same purpose.

Now I wonder why they would do that?

If we weren't supposed to know that two warships were moving towards Libya, why would they approve such a message?

They want people to expect it. They want people to be ready for it. They don't want people to be shell-shocked or stunned by the idea of confrontation. The confrontation is most definitely going to happen.

And like some others believe; I think it will be like Obama said concerning Romney and his comments earlier - Obama said that Romney had a habit of "shooting first, aiming later".

Well, I imagine it will appear the same way when the military loads up in Libya and ends up shooting into Iran.

I feel sorry for everyone. There will be massive amounts of destruction over there...

And also over here in the United States of America.

It may not be their exact plan at this moment. Who knows. But I do know that one more wrong move by either party will ignite the war anyway. The blood-thirsty vampires which are posing as human beings all around have made it awfully clear. "We want blood. Give us an excuse. We beg you."

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

How dare you share a conspiracy on ATS!!!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

How dare you share a conspiracy on ATS!!!!!

I know, I know... I hope the mods don't see it.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphaskunk

Well I pray that we never have to find out how bad the Iranian army could wreak havoc on our troops... Now picture if China and Russia got involved, the possible loss is hard to even imagine...
edit on 13-9-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

A war with China and Russia would mean the end of the world as we know it. But again this will not happen. Russia and China are far from being allies and they would never go to war against the rest of the world for Iran.

A war between Russia and China on the other hand, that would certainly cause a WW3.
edit on 13-9-2012 by alphaskunk because: (no reason given)

I'm still trying to figure out why the US even maintains Embassies in hostile countries... I guess they dont want to give up the ground they've gained over time, but it seems like an unnecessary risk nowadays...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Has anybody considered this could be a direct result of Mustafa A.G. Abushagur's being election to Prime minister of Libya Sept 12th, He received 96 votes in the final round of voting, while nominee Mahmoud Jibril received 94 votes.
The timing seems awfully suspicious
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 13-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Those warships were called off while a CAP was enroute as well. But that is for another thread which has already been discussed ad nausem here.

Read history.
edit on 13-9-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
In a ground war the Iranian Army aint no joke. They have plenty of sophisticated weaponry that would reak havoc upon our troops.

Do you think you could elaborate on what kind of equipment they have? I have heard that they have had their own arms manufacturing things going on.

Also, if I am not mistaken, the task of invading Iran would be invading a country much bigger in area and population than Iraq with a lot of that invasion trying to push through terrain similar to Afghanistan. That sounds like a challenge no matter how much more advanced the aggressor is. I also heard that much of the interior of the country is out of range to many of our aircraft, including the F-22.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Here is a link to the wiki page giving an overall status. You'll see that they have alot of soviet weaponry as well as some US weaponry. I believe if they could get refueling jets over their airspace then all US aircraft will have full capabilities. But as you can see Iran has some good air defense weapons as well. Here is just a few of their air defense weapons.

en.wikipedia.org...

Model

Type

Quantity

Acquired

Origin

Notes

MIM-23 Hawk

Surface-to-air missile

1970s-present

United States/ Iran

Locally manufactured improved version of the original 1960s US Hawk system. The Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force had[when?] recently revealed its own version of the MIM-23 Hawk the Shahin which is under production. In 2010 Iran announced that it will be mass producing its next generation of air defense system called Mersad which would integrate with the Shahin missile.[13]

SM-1

Surface-to-air missile

Iran

Locally manufactured copy of a c.1970s variant

Shahab Saqeb

Surface-to-air missile

2002–present

Iran

copy of the Chinese HQ-7 (FM-90) system. This Project was First Joint Winner-Applied Research in 14th Khwarizmi International Award- 2001;Tehran-Iran -The Project Title
roduction of Low Range Ground to Air Missile;Shahab Saqeb - Initiator:Iran Aerospace Ind. Org.& Contributor
.I.O)[14]

Sayyad-1

Surface-to-air missile

Iran

Up to 45 Launchers, HQ-2J and indigenous-produced Sayyad-1. Upgraded copy of HQ-2, Sayyad-1A has IR tracking. This Project was First Joint Winner-Applied Research in 14th Khwarizmi International Award- 2001;Tehran-Iran -The Project Title:Manufacture of Sayyad-1 Missile -Initiator: Iran Aerospace Ind. Org. Contributor:HESA & Arak Machine Ind.[14]

Ghareh

Surface-to-air missile

Iran

upgraded copy of SA-5 Gammon with 250 km range. Iran has five battalions and each battalion is composed of six launchers and one fire control radar.

SA-6 Gainful

Surface-to-air missile

1995–present

Soviet Union

Reports of eight SA-6 systems transferred to Iran from Russia in 1995/1996.

S-200

Surface-to-air missile

Soviet Union/ Iran

Locally upgraded and improved [15] [16]

Rapier missile

Surface-to-air missile

1971–present

United Kingdom

45 towed systems with Blindfire radar delivered before 1979. 72 self-propelled systems and local production of 1,000 missiles cancelled 1979

Tigercat

Surface-to-air missile

United Kingdom

SA-22 Greyhound (Pantsyr S1)

Surface-to-air missile

2008–present

Russia

[17][18]

Tor missile system

Surface-to-air missile

2005–present

Russia

[19]

S-300

Surface-to-air missile

Iran claim to possess two S-300PT from Belarus and two others from another unspecified source despite Russian refusal to deliver them. [20] Iran announced that it had a "domestically made" system named Bavar 373 with the same capabilities as the S-300, but this is unverified. [21]

Mersad

Air Defense System

N/A

Iran

Iranian designed Air Defense system using Shahin missiles.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Yea, i think its safe to say that war with Iran will be much different than war with Iraq and Afghanistan...

But Im curious how much ground warfare the US would even use, my guess, is that they would bomb the hell out of Iran basically crippling their military..

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

This man was elected Prime Minister the day after the death of the US Ambassador?

I have not seen or heard this information in any media report!

What a pregnant silence!

It shows once again that there are things going on there of which we have no idea.Thanks for that info.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Back to the original topic, these two ships are DDGs: Arleigh Burke class destroyers, same as the USS Cole. Yeah, they've got cruise missiles, but that's about it. I;d be more impressed if they sent a CVN. The Enterprise should be coming back through he Med pretty soon....

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human

Not much of an embassy to protect,seemed pretty burnt-out and destroyed to me
which makes me wonder why and what are they going there for ?

edit on 12-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

Well, it's still US territory and property. To shrug and just give it up further projects weakness.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
If the warships fired missiles on Libyan soil, it would not start a world war.

This should be on the alternative news forum or what ever it's called.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join